closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming PAM 183

Master

Incoming PAM 183

its my birthday today so I decided to treat myself to a present a little while back. After a lot of research and a fair amount of trying watches on, I settled on a Panerai.

I've only got little wrists so initially went for a 42mm 512 but after advice from other forum members thought I'd try out a larger Radiomir.

It proved to be very sound advice and as luck would have it a 183 came up for sale on SC. So here it is and very chuffed I am with it too. Really loving the sandwich dial as I think it gives some real depth to the watch and I've become quite addicted to the manual wind, it's very tactile and gives me an excuse to look at the watch.

Here's the wrist shot pic.

I'm starting to look at different strap options but understand changing the strap can be a little fiddly with the risk of scratching the case if you're not careful. Having looked online I've seen that using tape when changing the strap can avoid scratches. Any idea how I do that?

Thanks
    David

Grand Master
    Just put a spot of tape over the screw and push the screwdriver through the tape to remove screw
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Just put a spot of tape over the screw and push the screwdriver through the tape to remove screw
    Thanks very much. Much of what I've read suggests that changing the straps are really fiddly. Hats your experience like?

Thanks
    David

Congratulations on a splendid piece! As for strap changes, if it is anything like changing straps on the PRS20, then it can be fiddly but gets easier with practice. Taping over the screw sounds useful but if you exercise patience and use the right sized screwdriver then there is little chance of scratching the case. I make sure the head is face down on a cloth, put the lugs inside the strap and offer it up to the holes, jiggling it gently to ensure the lugs are located properly in the hole before tightening up the screws. There is no need to take the screws out fully.

Master
    Thanks very much. I think a magnifying glass might come in handy as well

Looks great. I would love to try a Radiomir one day!

Journeyman
    Looks good, makes me miss my 183! Got rid of it far too quickly so might have to go back to one in the near future.

Congratulations on a greatchoice.

As to strap changes i still use the tape method. It also ensures the screws dont get `accidently` lost. And also invest in the right size screwdriver 1.4mm.

Master
    I am not at all steady of hand but with care and patience changed the strap on my Radiomir with relative ease. You'll be absolutely fine.

it also helps if you out the watch in the protective case it comes in when you do it as it exposes the screws, that's how i always do it

Master
    All, thanks very much for the advice. Any suggestions on straps gratefully appreciated