closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iPhone contacts - weird!

iPhone contacts - weird!

Im scratching my head with this one - yesterday I wanted to send a text and when I entered the name loads of other names I didn't know appeared as options to choose from; it turns out they are contacts from my wife's iPhone! So I looked in my contacts list and they are not there, they are only visible in iMessage / text. She has never used this phone (it's a 5S so her 4S sim wouldn't fit). I can only presume it's a cloud backup issue? Quite a breach of confidentiality! Ideas?

do you have a shared email account?
    I just got a 5 for my work and a load of numbers I have appeared without me entering them. the IT guy told me when I sync my email it takes all the info from there?
    I am not an IT twit so I couldn't tell you if its true or if he just couldn't be bothered explaining something more technical to me
    Last edited by deerworrier; 1st February 2015 at 11:05. Reason: some words in daily use are not for daily use! cheers dave.

Master
    Same thing happened o. My phone and I stol.havent resolved it. Like you sayit only shoes when texting and not on the contacts weird

Journeyman
    this happened to my phone,it was auto syncing with my wifes phone and getting contacts of her phone,but i have no idea why it did it ,it called it auto data transfer

I guess your using the same iTunes account, so you can both use the same apps.

Check your iCloud setting and unselect Contacts and anything you don't want to share.

AFAIK you don't need to share iTunes accounts with Family sharing :-

http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201060

It's not really "Quite a breach of confidentiality", the phone isn't psychic !
    Last edited by Nogbad The Bad; 1st February 2015 at 11:56.

Thanks all, we don't share an iTunes account. It's weird!

Apprentice
    could it be group message contacts within Imessage?

No idea!