closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show your G-Shocks

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    It's the Love the Sea and the Earth version. Long sold out now I believe.

http://www.g-street.com.au/2014/07/l...gw-9400kj-8jr/
    Thanks.

Slightly annoying - I'm keeping an eye out for the right Rangeman...

Master

Master
    This is my first G shock, picked it up cheap used from another forum. Been running fine for about 4 yrs now.

You can't kill a G Shock, after a nuke strike there will only be beetles left, and G shocks.

I have an 18 year old one of these

Photo courtesy of the web

The DW6600 truly is the 52 Fender Telecaster of GShocks

Master
    Since this thread started I've been looking at a few Gshocks on Ebay, where is the best place to buy one from? As I see there's quite a few American sellers.
    Can anyone advise where NOT to buy from as I hear there's a lot of fakes about, over the years ive only ever bought from Argos, but their selection is poor.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Since this thread started I've been looking at a few Gshocks on Ebay, where is the best place to buy one from? As I see there's quite a few American sellers.
    Can anyone advise where NOT to buy from as I hear there's a lot of fakes about, over the years ive only ever bought from Argos, but their selection is poor.
    Thanks.
    I wouldn't worry too much about fakes - I've bought plenty from Creation and Amazon over the years and all have been genuine. Usually most models apart from the really sought after limited editions can be bought much cheaper than shop rrp's.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about fakes - I've bought plenty from Creation and Amazon over the years and all have been genuine. Usually most models apart from the really sought after limited editions can be bought much cheaper than shop rrp's.
    Thanks, the two models that interest me are the DW 6600 and 6900 i had them in my teens and would like to buy them again, i cant believe the price the 6600 go for now! i must have owned ten or so Gshocks over the years, god knows where they went bin i think after some of the pushers failed.
    Edit; Just had a look at Creation great selection and good prices, thanks RobDad.
    Last edited by barryw; 9th February 2015 at 11:26.

Blog Entries
    Bought from a fellow tz member a few week ago
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Thanks.
    It really depends on what you want. If you want the Japan only models, then you will need to go through either Seiya Japan, Creation Watches or Shopping in Japan.net. I've used Seiya and Shopiing in Japan without any issues at all. Creation is well respected on this forum, as I'm sure you know.

If you want to buy from the UK, Goldsmiths have a decent selection. You can also try Amazon, where the normal/standards models can be had as a saving.

If your in London you can also visit the G-Shock shops in Covent Garden or Brick Lane.

Otherwise eBay is ok for second hand models. Only the really rare models are faked. Run of the mill models will not often be faked.

You can buy direct from casio in the UK, from their casio online UK shop. I have bought a couple of limited edition G Shocks from the at RRP from them, good quick service.

Also bought a few from hennie Haynes, great service and good deals.

Master
    Cheers guys, just looking at the smaller retro models for now 6600, 6900 found Creation have the 6900 at a decent price.
    I would like one of those composite bracelets that I've seen on some of the watches, can anyone advise where or are they still available to buy.
    Thanks.

I wonder if I really need anything else sometimes.

Blog Entries
    Just the one G these days...

z

This arrived today....

....the DW-290. Not technically a G-Shock but I'm sure you'll let me off for such a piece of Mission Impossible fabulousness.

I love it!!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    ....the DW-290. Not technically a G-Shock but I'm sure you'll let me off for such a piece of Mission Impossible fabulousness.

I love it!!!!

Nice Dave I bought one a few months ago as I really liked the MI connection and although not officially a Gshock it's a pretty cool watch at a bargain price.

My GW-3000-BD arrived yesterday. Playing with it has been surprisingly fun. I wasn't able to get the atomic synch manually, but the auto synch had worked at night. That was a relief, as I'm just out of the official range of the German station.

There is one annoying problem though. The minute hand is 20 seconds out of synch. I can adjust it manually so it's close enough, but the watch performs an automatic hand synch every hour and after it it's again 20 sec out. Any ideas how to rectify this?

A couple of pics I snapped today at the office:

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    My GW-3000-BD arrived yesterday. Playing with it has been surprisingly fun. I wasn't able to get the atomic synch manually, but the auto synch had worked at night. That was a relief, as I'm just out of the official range of the German station.

There is one annoying problem though. The minute hand is 20 seconds out of synch. I can adjust it manually so it's close enough, but the watch performs an automatic hand synch every hour and after it it's again 20 sec out. Any ideas how to rectify this?

A couple of pics I snapped today at the office:

I have a gw3500 (same case but ana/digi) and the minute hand on mine is 10 secs out (the minute hand moves in increments of 10 seconds). I've tried everything and as you say even if you manually reset the hands after an hour or so the 'tough movement' puts them back into the original (wrong) position. First Casio I've had with any sort of error - tbh I just live with it as it isn't noticeable in real life - and apparently most breitlings with a similar movement only move the minute hand every 30 seconds! It is odd you can't (permanently) correct the deviation, let me know if you figure it out?!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I have a gw3500 (same case but ana/digi) and the minute hand on mine is 10 secs out (the minute hand moves in increments of 10 seconds). I've tried everything and as you say even if you manually reset the hands after an hour or so the 'tough movement' puts them back into the original (wrong) position. First Casio I've had with any sort of error - tbh I just live with it as it isn't noticeable in real life - and apparently most breitlings with a similar movement only move the minute hand every 30 seconds! It is odd you can't (permanently) correct the deviation, let me know if you figure it out?!
    Thanks. I was afraid it might be like this. Seems really stupid that the manual calibration doesn't change the reference for automatic calibration. The whole function is completely useless like this. Still, all in all a pretty nice watch for less than £250. I hope it can take the punishment I'm going to give it, as it should be able to.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like the only thing you can do is physically re-orient the hand! I.e. Take it off and put it back in the correct position.

I too thought that this sort of error was exactly what manual hand position correction was for.

Is there a full reset procedure in the manual?

It might be interesting to see if shorting the AC contact on the back of the module with the positive side of the battery might help. I doubt it, come to think of it.

Thanks Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Sounds like the only thing you can do is physically re-orient the hand! I.e. Take it off and put it back in the correct position.
    I suspect this may be the case. I wonder how difficult it is for a watchmaker to do? Does the Multiband 6 thing cause any additional difficulties? I'm still havin an inner debate whether to be bothered to have a watchmaker look at it.

I too thought that this sort of error was exactly what manual hand position correction was for.
    Yes. Seems a bit daft, doesn't it?

Is there a full reset procedure in the manual?
    No, or at least I haven't been able to locate one.

It might be interesting to see if shorting the AC contact on the back of the module with the positive side of the battery might help. I doubt it, come to think of it.
    That one flew right over my head. Sounds like something that might cause the movement to be damaged beyond repair.
    Last edited by Possu; 10th May 2015 at 06:39. Reason: Missing question mark

Blog Entries
    I suspect this may be the case. I wonder how difficult it is for a watchmaker to do? Does the Multiband 6 thing cause any additional difficulties? I'm still havin an inner debate whether to be bothered to have a watchmaker look at it.
    Unless Casio have chosen to attach the hands by some unusual method, it should be very easy indeed for any watch repairer to do.

The Multiband 6 feature shouldn't make any difference at all.

That one flew right over my head. Sounds like something that might cause the movement to be damaged beyond repair.
    Most Casio modules can be completely reset by briefly electrically connecting (i.e. shorting) a particular contact pad on the back of the module with the positive side of the battery (but see NOTE below). The contact pad is marked "AC".

This procedure is usually mandatory after a battery change but it can also be used to reset modules if there is some kind of problem.

When I do this I use metal tweezers to maker the electrical connection.

NOTE: Although I wrote above that you need to short the AC pad to the positive side of the battery, in some cases it might be the negative side of the battery (reached by the exposed part of the negative battery terminal). Check to see if there is a note in the manual or a label specifying which side of the battery it should be inside the case back or on the battery holder.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 10th May 2015 at 07:55. Reason: Fixed typo

Hands down winner for most masculine photo ever put on this forum.

A g-shock, a knife and some dynamite. Class.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by hellominky View Post
    Hands down winner for most masculine photo ever put on this forum.

A g-shock, a knife and some dynamite. Class.

Steve
    Working class is a class too, innit.

Master
    Exiled in the Land that time forgot - Yorkshire
    Just a few pics I have on Photobucket, I've a load more dotted around the house, it drives the missus mad when they bleep!

The Froggie

Kawasaki LE on the black strap, rather than the Kawasaki green

Plummeting the depths, well in my fish tank...

GX56

The Iron Man I picked up in Malaysia

I must round them all up for a group shot. One day.

Cheers.

Adam

New arrival...

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    New arrival...

That looks great, i really like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    New arrival...

Absolutely love that tremendous G-Shock wear it in very good health.

Just another day at the office.

Just another day at the office.

Great to see a G not being pampered
    Love the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Great to see a G not being pampered
    Love the photo.
    Thanks Andrew! I got it for harsh conditions with the assumption that it can take the abuse. So far, so good. Here's another pic taken today:

You must win the most manly photo on TZ-UK award with this

Thanks Andrew! I got it for harsh conditions with the assumption that it can take the abuse. So far, so good. Here's another pic taken today:

Master
    An old faithful - frogman gw200 triple crown of surfing limited edition.

Craftsman
    I had no idea this thread existed. Here's mine, poor phone pic:

This lovely G-Shock MTG arrived this morning, this is the 3rd version to grace the fence post, I previously had the all Silver version and Black metal version. This one is my favourite along with the all Silver version, I was worried I would find it too Red but in person it looks superb!

Last edited by shalako; 31st March 2016 at 19:19.

Here's mine

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Picasso View Post
    Wow, that is seriously cool. Nice one.

Just ordered this, should be here Wednesday:

DW6900 1V

I've been clean for over 5 years now, but after watching American Sniper I got a hankering for DW6600. Until I find a decent one I've gone for a DW6900. In the past I've had several GW versions of this, but I actually prefer the more basic appeal of this one.
    027 by bonzo697, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    I've been clean for over 5 years now, but after watching American Sniper I got a hankering for DW6600. Until I find a decent one I've gone for a DW6900. In the past I've had several GW versions of this, but I actually prefer the more basic appeal of this one.
    027 by bonzo697, on Flickr
    Just put this on a DW5000 strap and the difference isn't as noticeable as it used to be. The standard black buckle strap is a big improvement over the old one on the gw6900 and much longer than the DW5000.

I guess most G-Shock people read this thread, so I thought I'd advertise my fundraiser raffle here. Check it out, a chance to win a GW-M5610-1ER

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-UK-Fundraiser

Cheers,
    Antti

Casio SGW-100

I bought this for walking. It's not really a G-Shock (nor a Protrek). It's surprisingly smaller than I expected, but the display is really clear and proportionally much larger than a G-Shock. It still amazes me what Casio can put into a watch for £50 and with a world timer, thermometer and 200m WR it makes the ideal watch for travel/holidays.

Last edited by bonzo697; 16th September 2017 at 09:17.

Purchase that a couple of days ago:

My first G after a very long time.