closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orologeria Bodoni, Torino - any dealings ??

Craftsman
    I'm communicating with riccardo just now looking for a black face explorer 2 . He has a white one but I'm concerned it will look out of place with a suit and tie! Also keeping n eye on the euro exchange rate. The pound is getting stronger

Craftsman
    Just as an update to this Bodoni haven't once responded to my multiple emails. Think it's time to call them

Think it's time to call them
    Call them ? I think it's time to DROP them......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Call them ? I think it's time to DROP them......
    Agree, most of these guys do int. deals so if their emailing is not strong would def pass.

Master
    I contacted these guys and Virtuoso about a possible next purchase ... after researching .. I'm going to pass on dealing with any Italian grey dealers.
    Just not worth the hassle from what I've read.

When I asked Virtuoso about the watch I wanted, Massimiliano replied it was in stock and shipping would be €120.
    So I asked for a picture of the watch ... and guess what ... no reply. Which I expected but just thought worth confirming.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    I contacted these guys and Virtuoso about a possible next purchase ... after researching .. I'm going to pass on dealing with any Italian grey dealers.
    Just not worth the hassle from what I've read.

When I asked Virtuoso about the watch I wanted, Massimiliano replied it was in stock and shipping would be €120.
    So I asked for a picture of the watch ... and guess what ... no reply. Which I expected but just thought worth confirming.
    I have heard really bad reviews of Virtuoso

Show commerce have just raised their prices - I am watching them daily due to the strengthening pound against the euro.

Any experience with any other dealers - the German ones seem to have decent prices

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post

Show commerce have just raised their prices - I am watching them daily due to the strengthening pound against the euro.

Any experience with any other dealers - the German ones seem to have decent prices
    By how much?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    By how much?
    They had an explorer II that was about £3900 (exchange rates considered) and it jumped up overnight to circa £4100

Apprentice

Disappointed

I am very disappointed with the merchant. I messaged them on Facebook, and provided a link to their site asking if the watch is in stock and available for a pickup. The guy confirmed, so when I flew to Turin the next day, the guy instead offer 42mm and GMT versions of Omega instead. That is a big no-no for me, and I will definitely will not be doing any business with such people.

Master

I ended up buying my watch from Kroon watches in Netherlands. Honoured a price we spoke about before recent rises.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EARNEST View Post
    The guy confirmed, so when I flew to Turin the next day, the guy instead offer 42mm and GMT versions of Omega instead.
    Very poor indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Very poor indeed.
    Yeah, I'd have gone mental if that was the case.

But call me an old cynic, it is that member's only post on the forum ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trisdg View Post
    But call me an old cynic, it is that member's only post on the forum ;-)
    Gotta start somewhere. :-)

Hehe, yep :-D

Master
    I tried to buy from Orologeria Bodoni and Show Commerce, with no luck. Bodoni didn't reply to messages about ordering an Explorer II (tried via Chrono24 and their website). Eventually they did reply when they thought I wanted a Pelagos?? I couldn't get past Show Commerce online payment and Ricardo couldn't help.
    I was also keeping an eye on the exchange rate but in the end went with Iconic. Was a bit more expensive but totally pain free.

Master
    I had exactly the same issue with Bodoni which funnily enough also related to an Explorer II. Not once did they even bother to reply to any enquiry. Personally I'd not touch them with a barge pole now.

I've bought 2 Rolex's off Bodoni, none were in stock but they never said they were. I did all my correspondence over the phone, the guys speak good enough English. Both watches took around 6 weeks to arrive which again tallied with what I was told.

Apprentice
    Indeed ;) Instead, I bought from this guy from Germany, Nordheim Exklusiv Uhren.

Received my Omega PO today. The guy was quite alright and helpful.

Craftsman
    Indeed ;) Instead, I bought from this guy from Germany, Nordheim Exklusiv Uhren.

Received my Omega PO today. The guy was quite alright and helpful.
    Link no worky??

Blog Entries
    Link no worky??
    Seems to go to a contact info page for me, explaining that a new web site is under development.

Apprentice
    Seems to go to a contact info page for me, explaining that a new web site is under development.
    I think so too. The guy is quite alright, however there was 1 minor hiccup.

I asked him a bunch of questions and asked to clarify a few issues, he seemed to be a bit offended. Then he politely and friendly told me to enjoy the watch and stop whining (exaggerating here) :)

Since this is my first luxurious watch, I asked why the Omega box had on it a 3-year warranty icon, while the warranty card stated 4 years. And I also asked to clarify why the hang tags were missing.

Blog Entries
    Since this is my first luxurious watch, I asked why the Omega box had on it a 3-year warranty icon, while the warranty card stated 4 years. And I also asked to clarify why the hang tags were missing.
    Those are, to my mind, reasonable questions. When spending thousands it is entirely reasonable to want to know about small details (although if you already had the watch by that stage they are purely academic questions).

Journeyman
    In terms of the watches are they provided as a "full set" i.e. tags and outer boxes as well. Would the lack of AD stamp mean that it is not a full set? As you can see im picky!

As an aside I emailed them over a week ago with no response
    For me, without AD stamp this is not full set. Firstly, it suggests a grey dealer origin, and secondly, if the manufacturer's warranty was needed, I am afraid it could not be honoured.

Apprentice

Thumbs up Orologerio Bodoni: dishonest

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    Hi guys

Looking at a watch (brand new with 2 years Rolex warranty)

Anyone here dealt with them earlier ?

Cheers, Peter
    Hi I called them 3 times to define the price for a Rolex reference 177200.
    Last time I called March 24th and I defined a price for this product at 3200 Euro as present in their website.
    I also define with them an appointment for today (March 26th) at 10.30 in order to give them an advance (500 Euros).
    I'm living in Milan and their shop is in Turin so I take a tran (60 Euros...) in order to buy this rolex.
    When I arrived at their shop magically the price changed (also in their website...) from 3200 to 3500...
    I asked them how was possibe...they told me a rolex price increase that happend at 6pm the day before (wednesday 25th...how is possible exactly the day before?????).
    I think that the word in the trade must be maintained expecially when one is arriving from a log distance to buy a product...
    I didn't buy form them ANYTHING and i absolutly discurage anyone to buy something from them...in one word they are DISHONEST!!!!!!!!!
    Keep away from them...

Quote Originally Posted by gradinord View Post
    Hi I called them 3 times to define the price for a Rolex reference 177200.
    Last time I called March 24th and I defined a price for this product at 3200 Euro as present in their website.
    I also define with them an appointment for today (March 26th) at 10.30 in order to give them an advance (500 Euros).
    I'm living in Milan and their shop is in Turin so I take a tran (60 Euros...) in order to buy this rolex.
    When I arrived at their shop magically the price changed (also in their website...) from 3200 to 3500...
    I asked them how was possibe...they told me a rolex price increase that happend at 6pm the day before (wednesday 25th...how is possible exactly the day before?????).
    I think that the word in the trade must be maintained expecially when one is arriving from a log distance to buy a product...
    I didn't buy form them ANYTHING and i absolutly discurage anyone to buy something from them...in one word they are DISHONEST!!!!!!!!!
    Keep away from them...
    That's disgusting. I wonder if it would have made a difference had you got them to put the agreed pricing in writing.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    That's disgusting. I wonder if it would have made a difference had you got them to put the agreed pricing in writing.
    I also asked this to them in my hot discussion and they answered that they can change the price in Any moment before the clock arrival...i never seems a similar thing in my life and i'm 50 years old...keep away...it's also the first the 1st time that i write a similar comment in my life...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gradinord View Post
    I also asked this to them in my hot discussion and they answered that they can change the price in Any moment before the clock arrival...i never seems a similar thing in my life and i'm 50 years old...keep away...it's also the first the 1st time that i write a similar comment in my life...
    I was close to buying from here but it fell through. They have raised the price of a sub from 6000 euros to 6500 euros over the last month or so

Similar with show commerce. Raised from 6150 and now 6590 euros!!

Seems like ads margins in Europe are being squeezed and the grey dealers deals aren't as good now

Apprentice
    Just completed a deal with Show Commerce and am very happy with the service.

After failing repeatedly on Monday to pay with a credit card on their website I took a punt based on favourable reviews here and elsewhere and paid by bank transfer. The payment left my account Tuesday morning and just before lunch today I took delivery of a new unworn DJII (SS, blue dial w/sticks). Box and paperwork all correct with the warranty card stamped by a Portuguese AD and dated for January this year.

Must admit I was a bit nervous wiring the money over despite the positive reviews but would have no hesitation doing so again especially as including the delivery charge I still saved £1,100 compared the UK RRP

Show commerce

Tried paying numerous times online via my CC (wanted the added protection) and I wouldn't go through, confirmation from my card company confirmed the issue was SC end and not mine!

Gave up in the end!

Apprentice
    These guys claim to accept Paypal on their watch listings, when you email they start talking wire. Communications seem poor. Anyone used them since this thread died?

Watch listings state full manufacturer warranty...

Journeyman

How much was the delivery charge?

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Just completed a deal with Show Commerce and am very happy with the service.

After failing repeatedly on Monday to pay with a credit card on their website I took a punt based on favourable reviews here and elsewhere and paid by bank transfer. The payment left my account Tuesday morning and just before lunch today I took delivery of a new unworn DJII (SS, blue dial w/sticks). Box and paperwork all correct with the warranty card stamped by a Portuguese AD and dated for January this year.

Must admit I was a bit nervous wiring the money over despite the positive reviews but would have no hesitation doing so again especially as including the delivery charge I still saved £1,100 compared the UK RRP
    How much did the delivery cost you, out of interest?