closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4K Tv's

Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    I'm just about to pull the trigger on the 55 inch version of that TV, break my heart and tell me how much it is with the staff discount

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    My mates just got one of these. I've set the picture up on it for him, and although not as good as my Pana plasma the picture is very good. If my plasma had to be replaced I would be very tempted.

That's my problem there is not a lot out there which is much better then my Panny Plasma

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    How very annoying, would pay for the Sony 1050 Av amp I'm buying to go with it which I'm sure your about to tell me is £300ish

After 2 weeks of looking I've seen nothing that beats the Sony offerings for picture quality with all sources fed to them.

Remain to be convinced on the 4k argument just now however....

Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    How very annoying, would pay for the Sony 1050 Av amp I'm buying to go with it which I'm sure your about to tell me is £300ish
    This one?

Last edited by Yeti; 8th February 2015 at 21:51.

Master
    Recently purchased one of the curved 78" 4k sets and its superb! I know there isn't any 4k content but standard HD looks great and 4k will be cool when it's available. I tend to buy a new TV every 3 years so this is great for now and we will see what's what in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    This one?

That's the one.

both from Richersounds - £1,718.00

both from your mate - £1,236.77

and they say there is no money in TV's!

So I cancelled my order for the LG with JL, with a view to look a bit more closely at the Sony only for the LG to tun up on our door-step the next morning anyhow!
    So, unpacked it. Set it up. Got it going in less than 20-mins. Couldn't be more happy with the LG and the picture quality (4k or not). It functions completely intuitivly like an Apple device which suits me as I don't do instruction manuals. Happy days.

Edit. Next. A sound bar. Another mine field...

Master
    Great technology - super screens - but what the hell do you guys find to watch on TV? I am at a loss most times.

Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    Great technology - super screens - but what the hell do you guys find to watch on TV? I am at a loss most times.
    Netflix. Don't watch normal TV anymore, other than the news.

Master
    I would consider it if I managed to get fibre broadband but it's not rolled out to our part of the village yet.

In other news, I noticed that at CES none of the TV makers brought along a single 3D tv as part of their packages on display. They were all focusing on 4k and above TV sets.

Master
    IBood.co.uk have a curved 55" 4k TV for £950 today.

Craftsman
    What can you get to watch in 4K as we don't have many channels in HD and analog was turned off to allow more bandwith for HD?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    We have freeview and I regularly scourer the programme guide to see if there's anything worth recording for the coming week. We only watch about an hours worth of telly a night... sometimes push it a bit if there's a semi-decent film of docu. recorded (like the excellent Genesis docu on the beeb the other night), so there's generally enough decent telly around for that limited viewing. If you were one of those people glued to the box for 4 or 5 hours a night then, I agree, it would be a hell of a struggle to find enough decent stuff to watch! I also sometimes go for the odd, 'last seasons' DVDs as well.

Re. 4K tellys. I've spoken to a couple of people in the biz and the feeling is forget it at the moment and possibly for the next couple of years; at the moment you're paying through the nose for something that, when there's a decent amount of content, will be half the price! Me.... I'm still watched standard def telly on our old sony+toppy!!

Master
    Come on, own up. Who is the Telegraph journalist on here? From today's website:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/shop...-recorded.html

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    Come on, own up. Who is the Telegraph journalist on here? From today's website:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/shop...-recorded.html
    I have a camera on my TV for gesture controls!

Journeyman
    I have a Samsung 55" curved 4K TV and I've been pretty impressed with it so far. TV programmes in HD are generally superb (depending on the source quality), standard Netflix is fantastic quality (especially House of Cards), Blu Rays are amazing and so are TV programmes recorded on the Samsung Blu Ray recorder. However, the 4K content on the UHD pack I got with the set is exceptional so I hope there is more content on the way. The sound isn't too bad either but I have a Sonos Playbar to beef things up. The only downsides are watching TV programmes in SD and I do notice a fair amount of motion judder no matter what settings I try - small things I can live with though.

Master
    Another article on 4k broadcasting that may be of interest:

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/live-4k-broadcasts/

Unlike 3D, 4k is going to be the future, but you'd be jumping the gun by buying now since content is very low. There are about 4 or 5 companies in the world who have been doing some work on 8k as well, but 4k is what most manufacturers are targetting as the next global milestone.