closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Nomos Metro - early Basel preview

Master

New Nomos Metro - early Basel preview

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/new-nom...rger-case-size

I like it better than the orginal Metro, it's a bit more balanced - however I guess it's not that different now.

I prefer the new one too. Seemingly small changes to an existing model might seem a waste of time to some but the loss of the power reserve and shifting of the logo make the revised version look better all round.

Craftsman
    Think I prefer the older one, having said that I'd take a Ahoi>Tangomat ahead of the Metro

Like it a lot, even if it does look like the dial on kitchen scales!

I prefer the original personally, but always good to see a new Nomos model coming out.

Master
    I liked the old one and the new one is very cool too.

Master
    From Nomos:

Just under six weeks to go until Baselworld—but we couldn’t wait to show you one, particularly stunning new model: Metro 38 Datum, a new larger version of the hugely successful model Metro. It will be available to view live, in color, and ticking in Basel on March 19 to 26, and with retailers from summer.

I like a lot of the NOMOS range, but not this one

Master
    Well, there's plenty of space in the case for the movement ...

Journeyman
    I'll be disappointed if this replaces the original model, I much preferred it. The new model is a conservative step towards looking like the rest of the Nomos lineup.

i really didn't like the power reserve and size of the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Well, there's plenty of space in the case for the movement ...
    I think that was always going to be the case, given the placement of the sundial. :( They've done a nice job of disguising it (at least from the dial side) with the placement of the date window outside of the diameter of the movement. That's smart.

I think I slightly prefer the original, the power reserve is a nice and useful inclusion to lose. But honestly I'd be happy with either old or this new version, I need to have a NOMOS in my collection at some point.

Craftsman
    I love both. I think everything Nomos touches turns to gold.... (though some of them e.g. Nomos Ahoi Atlantik are too big for me and the beefing up of the case here would probably mean the same for this model). Love the Tangente 35 myself (that's on the virtual shortlist)

Master
    Never been keen on the hands of the Metro, not immediately legible enough for me. I'd take a Club probably, or an Ahoi, but if I had to choose a Metro it would be the old one with power reserve.

I've never understood why you would put a PR indicator on a non-automatic. If I'm wearing the watch every day, I wind it in the morning, every morning. If I'm not wearing the watch every day, it's run down... and I wind it when I put it on.

So, the newer version looks more balanced to my eye, and from a pragmatic aspect, it's missing what was an unnecessary additional element on the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by TakesALickin View Post
    I've never understood why you would put a PR indicator on a non-automatic. If I'm wearing the watch every day, I wind it in the morning, every morning. If I'm not wearing the watch every day, it's run down... and I wind it when I put it on.
    I don't have many manual winders now, the ones I do have, have power reserve. If nothing else, it reminds me I need to wind them! My old Speedy would catch me out as it was only worn a few times a year :(

I prefer the old Metro with the PR, it was a nice display and an enjoyable complication.

Craftsman
    Very clinical & uncluttered - a bit too uncluttered for my liking though!

Craftsman
    Hmm. I like the dial/graphics & red second hand, just not so keen on the hands.

Craftsman
    At least the first Metro was a bit zany, this is back to the orthodox Nomos.

Master
    Think Bruno has summed up nicely. I prefer the new one but it's just a variant of a lot of the line now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I think that was always going to be the case, given the placement of the sundial. :( They've done a nice job of disguising it (at least from the dial side) with the placement of the date window outside of the diameter of the movement. That's smart.
    Yes, it is. You're right.

Mind you, Nomos is a clever company, isn't it?