closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Why are there so few ladies watches for sale on the forum....?

Craftsman

Why are there so few ladies watches for sale on the forum....?

There appears to be so few ladies watches for sale on the forum - why's this?
    Is there anywhere else that is a good place for secondhand ladies watches...?
    Thanks

Craftsman
    Maybe coz there aren't many ladies on the forum ??

Craftsman
    Ladies watches do appear to be better value second hand than men's watches. Maybe ladies do not like wearing second hand things. Places like Austin Kaye have a big stock.

or or prolly cuz ladies tend to like blingy sh tat which has no resale value due to 'normal' wear with bangles, jackets and handbags furniture? lolz

Quote Originally Posted by PHB1969 View Post
    There appears to be so few ladies watches for sale on the forum - why's this?
    Is there anywhere else that is a good place for secondhand ladies watches...?
    Thanks
    There are watches for sale on the forum?

Master
    My good lady just wants something that looks pretty and tells the time. I have bought her several "good" watches but she often wears something with a £1.99 movement in it! (Because it matches)

My wife is actually buying a little collection - the worse one was the £40 that is so complex that neither of us can set the time or turn the alarm off. Next one up for her is an Oceanus.

The same reason they dont need ,google ,expedia or the encyclopedia brittanica .......................................they already know everything including the time ,i.e. "its about time you, cut the grass,painted the hallway , washed the car ,fixes any number of things in the house "

How many posts for the ladies sales section then?

A dealer friend said to me recently that most women receive a high end watch on a special occasion and therefore tend to have an emotional attachment to it which makes sense to me. Us men buy a watch, get bored, buy another. Women seem to hold onto their watches a lot longer therefore less used examples showing up on the secondhand market.

Craftsman
    My wife refused an offer of a Cartier, preferring her cheap Armani. She never let me forget how much i was willing to spend on her though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveh View Post
    Maybe coz there aren't many ladies on the forum ??
    There are a few of us lurking :)

I personally hate the blingy tat that the majority of my gender wear, Michael Kors has a lot to answer for!

My daily wearer is an Omega Seamster Pro, the ladies sized one. Took me bloody ages to find a secondhand one.

I also purchased a Seiko 2205 diver very recently, this one to be precise https://adventuresinamateurwatchfett...iko-2205-0760/.

Grail watch is a Cartier Tank Francaise but that is going to have to wait a few years until my 50th.

There very few watches even from what I'd call proper watch makers that aren't all sparkly, pink, two-tone, the size of Big Ben or come on funny straps.

women don't 'do' second hand as much!

I don't know, whenever I have put up ladies quality watches on here they have been snapped up.

Mind you they have always been at very low prices and probably bought by the ladies significant others.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Remember most ladies don't tend to care about movements, engineering and heritage, only that it looks good and matches their outfit and of course Ladies don't flip like us!

This isn't isolated to watches is it? most women who buy cars from me are attracted by the design of the car rather than any mechanical interest, brand loyalty, heritage or perceived quality....

Master
    Mrs Westberks has 4 watches (3 Cartier and a J12), all of which were bought for her by me for specific events, whereas i can be popping out for a loaf of bread and come back with a Rolex.

she prefers to spend her cash on other shit (stuff) that is on her radar. I don't feel the need to own 20 briefcases but apparently hand bags aren't like briefcases! as women have so many other things to differentiate their wardrobe/look and watches also have the mechanical side that little boys (us, apparently) like, i suspect the whole watch market & marketing is predominantly aimed at chaps; and then we feel the need to impart our superior logic on our other halves and buy them a decent watch too.

defo more of a bloke thing in the same way that cars and football are.

Journeyman
    I find women are not much interested in used stuff unless it's been passed down from loved ones.

Journeyman
    They also tend to hold on to their luxury watches and jewellery much longer due to the sentimental value

The number of ladies watches for sale on SC is small because the market here is small
    Gray

Master
    Quite simple really, not many people keep a PC in the kitchen so when is a lady going to get the chance to advertise a watch for sale??

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SIB View Post
    Quite simple really, not many people keep a PC in the kitchen so when is a lady going to get the chance to advertise a watch for sale??
    Cool.....

Mine uses her ipad, easily carried when doing household chores....

rgds

V

Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    ?...whereas i can be popping out for a loaf of bread and come back with a Rolex.
    Bloody hell! Where do you get your bread? Selfridges Food Hall?

Master
    I have seen a few Rolex Daytonas for sale on here and they are a ladies watch

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    My good lady just wants something that looks pretty and tells the time. I have bought her several "good" watches but she often wears something with a £1.99 movement in it! (Because it matches)
    I can't agree more with this

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    Mrs Westberks has 4 watches (3 Cartier and a J12), all of which were bought for her by me for specific events, whereas i can be popping out for a loaf of bread and come back with a Rolex.

she prefers to spend her cash on other shit (stuff) that is on her radar. I don't feel the need to own 20 briefcases but apparently hand bags aren't like briefcases! as women have so many other things to differentiate their wardrobe/look and watches also have the mechanical side that little boys (us, apparently) like, i suspect the whole watch market & marketing is predominantly aimed at chaps; and then we feel the need to impart our superior logic on our other halves and buy them a decent watch too.

defo more of a bloke thing in the same way that cars and football are.
    yes 100% my mrs has two watches,a raymond weil for going out and a lacoste she wears everyday,shes never really got it ''it tells the time so why do i ned another''!!!!!!!! ,but quite a few handbags,admittedly none of them cost as much as a rolex but still added up come to a pretty penny,

Chicks don't flip.

I've sold a couple, if you count the full-size Tank Francaise a few months back (LuBee - that was a bargain you should have snapped up!), and a stunning ladies Omega Seamaster Cosmic that I wish I'd have kept for 'er. Both went pretty promptly.

There's also one of Mrs.Wrists on the SC now for trade, but not piquing much attention.

I think the many reasons have been mentioned above - if they are not "into" watches (and I have met very few who seem to be) they don't flip through them too much if at all - so not much of a stock for SC.

MrsG has 2 Cartier and 2 Rolex - however currently she prefers a white Casio which I bought in error for my son and she subsequently stole.

Give the choice between a cheap new and expensive secondhand she will take expensive second hand every time - hence she has a 1.2ct Engagement Ring rather than a 0.25ct one.

She does however only apply this rule to Jewelry, Watches and Handbags

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    I've sold a couple, if you count the full-size Tank Francaise a few months back (LuBee - that was a bargain you should have snapped up!), and a stunning ladies Omega Seamaster Cosmic that I wish I'd have kept for 'er. Both went pretty promptly.
    Saw it but hadn't got the cash at the time :(