closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ladies automatic

Apprentice

Ladies automatic

For a long time I have been on the lookout for a ladies automatic but the search has proved to be quite challenging as there aren't many stocked in local shops. I don't want anything too dressy so am drawn towards the divers. Goldsmiths stock the Oris Aquis with a black face and currently on sale for £780! What I need to decide on is do I go for a black face which will be similar to my Tag F1 or do I get a special order of a different colour, such a 'girl' thing I know but a tricky decision to make.

Blog Entries
    A couple of questions... Do you like a larger watch or more slim and elegant? If it's the former then you can look at Gents mid size options which open up the choice somewhat...

Also, does it have to be new? And are you attracted to vintage options?

There are a lot of options at that budget, so, you'll have plenty to go at!

Ben

Master
    Have a look at the Certina DS range - there are some gorgeous autos in there at very reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    A couple of questions... Do you like a larger watch or more slim and elegant? If it's the former then you can look at Gents mid size options which open up the choice somewhat...

Ben
    Been trying to get her in to a preowned for ages but she's having none of it......I think it's some of the pics on the SC with the DNA attached that puts her off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Been trying to get her in to a preowned for ages but she's having none of it......I think it's some of the pics on the SC with the DNA attached that puts her off.
    There's some pretty stinky men on here I guess...!

What do you mean, specifically, by a 'ladies' watch? Yes, some watches are made and branded for ladies, but are you looking for something with a small case? Specific colours? Diamonds?

You also haven't mentioned a budget, which is important. If you're considering an £800 Oris, that gives us a vague idea - have you looked at a Christopher Ward?

The C60 Trident Pro comes in 38mm and a few colours.

Sara has some interesting watches, see if you like any of those. There was also a recent thread on ladies watches by GinaP which might be useful.

Not mentioned in my SOTC as it arrived afterwards - I would recommend the ladies HydroConquest - the blue is lovely, not nearly as bright as on the official page:

P1070158 by sarawallen, on Flickr

http://www.longines.com/watches/long.../L3.284.4.96.6
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...st-29-5mm-blue
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f405/lo...os-722721.html

Edit to add - available for around £700-£800 but you can probably get a discount on that, I think my bloke managed to get it for not much more than around £500 (got it ordered in to a local independent jewellers and haggled a bit)
    Last edited by Sara; 26th February 2015 at 15:35.

Journeyman
    different price points but I think both Zenith (star models) and Oris with their Classics do great ladies Automatics.

Longines do quite a varied range of ladies automatics all sorts of faces and sizes
    We recently picked one of the two tone master collection for my wife

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Ben
    I've tried on a couple of mid sized Breitlings one was a new and the other second hand, the second hand one looked old and tired, I liked the style but not the dull worn look. The new one was more than I want to spend, I need to keep in mind that whatever I spend Mr FFF will be subconsciously banking the same for his next purchase!!! Tomorrow is the day I go and try on the Oris, will we become a 2 Oris family??

Craftsman
    I bought the OH a gents 36mm salmon dialed rolex air king. She loves it and it looks great on her size wise. No idea what right minded male would choose this as a watch though!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon76 View Post
    I bought the OH a gents 36mm salmon dialed rolex air king. She loves it and it looks great on her size wise. No idea what right minded male would choose this as a watch though!
    Sounds nice, not a very 'manly' watch though!!! I think the Oris I'm looking at is 36mm. Watch this space!!!!

Have a look at the Marcello C Ladies Nettuno. The blue-faced version is particularly nice.