closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Daytona in Goldsmiths Oxford

Rolex Daytona in Goldsmiths Oxford

Just incase anyone is interested there is a black dial steel Rolex Daytona in the Oxford store of Goldsmiths. I don't keep up with current Rolex trends but these use to have a big waiting list.

I hope someone benefits.

Banned
    Most dealers will have them in stock, but not on display.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What price did it have on it

Master
    Dayona in the window isnt such a rare occurrence these days. As Kerry says above, many dealers have one in the safe. No idea why they wouldnt put it on display though - surely they just want cash flow asap?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Dayona in the window isnt such a rare occurrence these days. As Kerry says above, many dealers have one in the safe. No idea why they wouldnt put it on display though - surely they just want cash flow asap?
    Where's the evidence of this?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Where's the evidence of this?
    TZUK said so, so it must be true, right?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    What price did it have on it
    £7950 at a guess
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I keep hearing this often at the moment. Funnily the 3 ADs near me haven't had one in the window for many years now. You do see the odd Bi-Metal, but never a SS model white or black.
    As to stocking them up in the safe? it's more than likely waiting for pick up. Holding them back on purpose, I think that's an urban myth

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    I keep hearing this often at the moment. Funnily the 3 ADs near me haven't had one in the window for many years now. You do see the odd Bi-Metal, but never a SS model white or black.
    As to stocking them up in the safe? it's more than likely waiting for pick up. Holding them back on purpose, I think that's an urban myth
    quite often people mistake the WG version for a SS; been there and done that myself in the past!

usually has a 'slightly' higher price tag than people are expecting.

Master
    Must admit, I have seen countless gold Daytona's in AD windows but never ever a SS version.
    Oh wait, I tell a lie. I did see a black faced version in a Rolex shop window in Bangkok, but when I went inside to ask about it, it was double the then UK price, and yes, it was the SS version

Grand Master
    Saw a steel one in Edinburgh last month. First time I`d seen a steel Daytona in an AD's window.......can`t say I got excited about it though!

Paul

Master
    Many ADs did historically hold back a steel Daytona or two in the safe. I work now and for many years have worked with a number of ADs; I now employ a number of their former managers and staff :-)

You must remember that they are retail jewellers as well as watch stockists, and it was always very handy to have a "sweetener" available to help clinch the £30,000 diamond sale. "Tell you what Mr. MacKenzie, I can't discount that ring your young lady friend likes, but I do have a steel Daytona which has just come in which I can let you have at list price......"

No urban myth; this was common practice, and it compounded the myth of "10 year waiting lists" etc.

These days, availability is so good that it happens a lot less.

Haywood Milton