closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling - BlackSteel.....

Breitling - BlackSteel.....

I've just picked up my 4th Breitling Black steel watch, previously I've owned the Skyland Avenger, Super Avenger and Sea Wolf Chrono all in Blacksteel so it's safe to say I'm a fan of the Breitling Black steel models but this latest one takes it to a whole new level. My latest is the 47mm Chronomat B04 GMT Chronograph which has 500m WR rating, the finish is different from other Blacksteel Breiltings - it's more like gunmetal and works very well with the flashes of Red in the dial, on closer inspection the dial is sublime and the overall feel of quality feels substantially higher than other Black steel models I've owned, probably not surprising with a retail of £7750. It's a Limited Edition of just 1000 which is in the 2014 Breitling catalogue only I believe and has a true GMT function with independently adjustable hour hand. A big advantage over the evious models is that this one has the Blacksteel Ocean Racer deployant which I've always been keen on - a considerable improvement over the regular buckle IMHO.
    The previously Black steel models I've owned stood up to daily wear very well indeed however I was always nervous about marking them as they can't be refinished - apparently they are considerably more resistant to marks than steel but that shouldn't be a problem with this one as I intent to baby it and wear it selectively. It would be interesting to hear how other Blacksteel owners have coped with their watches picking up marks?

Last edited by shalako; 7th October 2017 at 19:27.

That mate looks pretty spot on, very nice and probably one of my future purchases!

Think the RRP is on the heavy side considering its a tool watch and destined to pick up a few bruises, which then makes resale difficult to say the least but it still is a great design.
    Last edited by melhick; 14th March 2015 at 10:34.

Master
    Lovely looking watch. Too large and chunky a watch for my slim 6.75" wrists. Enjoy wearing it

Craftsman
    That looks pretty cool ,its a very big chunky beast , though the black makes it less flashy than many breitlings .The price is very steep and I think depreciation would be high.

That looks absolutely fantastic but no way if even try and get away with a 47mm unless Panerai (oddly).

I don't think black steel is for me as I don't want to baby things really, although there was a Sniths Seafire on the Friday thread with a few marks in the coating and it looked amazing. Nearly 8 grand is a lot for a knockabout watch though ;)

Master
    Very nice Steve! Like that.

Stef

Isn't a bit paradoxical to 'baby' a watch like that ...? I understand exactly why given its cost, but its looks and design would suggest that it's a 'rugged' lifestyle piece...

Blog Entries
    Nice one Steve, it's a biggie but, as said above, less in your face being black. I do like the black steel clasp though, makes it look much better (still don't like the fact that the rubber needs to be cut though).
    Enjoy mate
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius View Post
    Isn't a bit paradoxical to 'baby' a watch like that ...? I understand exactly why given its cost, but its looks and design would suggest that it's a 'rugged' lifestyle piece...
    I think there are a lot of watches like that, for example I had an AP Royal Oak Offshore Rubber Clad that's supposed to be for the more rugged life style and I treated that with kid gloves too!

Banned
    The new blacksteel does look very nice, I recently looked at the blacksteel Navitimer 1461, it's very impressive.

Craftsman
    Very good looking watch!

Banned
    You buy a massive watch like that and you are nervous about marks? You intend to baby it? Good grief, man, that is a watch, not a baby. Wear the thing, and to hell with the marks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    Nice one Steve, it's a biggie but, as said above, less in your face being black. I do like the black steel clasp though, makes it look much better (still don't like the fact that the rubber needs to be cut though).
    Enjoy mate
    James
    The Rubber sides are actually quite reasonably priced, I've just ordered some Breitling OEM Pro 2 rubber sides as a spare and it's coming to just £42, also Breitling issue a special guillotine tool for cutting the rubber to the right fit although I did it myself with a craft knife.