closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hulk for sale at Goldsmiths in Chelmsford - not now :-)

Blog Entries

Hulk for sale at Goldsmiths in Chelmsford - not now :-)

Well there was - but isn't anymore :-).

As you may recall from a previous thread (linked below), I was recently musing whether I preferred the LVc or my BLNR.
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...highlight=Blnr
    I even posted my BLNR for sale or trade but in the end, even though I received offers of the watches I was looking to trade for, I just couldn't let it go. Then I tried a Rubber B to get over my PCL phobia on the GMTc bracelet - that can only be described as an epic failure due to wrist size.
    Fast forward to today and a business meeting in Chelmsford, look in the window of Goldsmiths as the young lady is putting new stock in - and lo and behold in goes a Hulk. I'm in the shop like a greased gazelle on a rocket, and sizeable deposit and interest free later and it's now with me - and going nowhere.
    OK I paid list, OK were I to sell tomorrow a small loss may occur, but I have coveted the Hulk since the first time I saw one - and now - happy days. I believe I have two of the best looking modern Rolexes in the BLNR and the Hulk, both have some colour to give them a different look to the everyday black bezel versions (not that there's anything wrong with those). I have to say I am happy as a pig in poo right now, and the papers are in MY name :-). I may sell one or two pieces to justify the purchase to myself but I really don't see any new purchases on the horizon.
    I'll take some (of my very average) pictures tomorrow for the sake of the post.
    Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling post.
    James
    Last edited by Crouchy; 24th March 2015 at 00:36.

Many congratulations! Your excitement certainly comes across in leaps and bounds - nice to see.

I'm wearing my LVc as I type this. Purchased off SC last year, didn't think I'd warm to it, but the colour it brings alongside my SDs is a welcome change. Plus, it's extremely comfortable too.

Enjoy!

Master
    Congratulations mate, you've cost me some considerable money since introducing me to this madhouse when you traded your planet ocean for my speedy - remember?

A couple of weeks later I was 'in deep' buying Luke's (shalako's) Daytona and haven't stopped since!

Best Wishes

Gary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GIB984 View Post
    Congratulations mate, you've cost me some considerable money since introducing me to this madhouse when you traded your planet ocean for my speedy - remember?

A couple of weeks later I was 'in deep' buying Luke's (shalako's) Daytona and haven't stopped since!

Best Wishes

Gary
    Cheers Gary, don't blame me mate you made me do it :-). I seem to remember the PO was very Orange ;-). Doug Darter got me started. Maybe that's another thread - who got us on the slippery slope.
    All the best
    James

I've been in that store many a time for a butcher's and it's a rare occasion that I walk past without seeing which Rolex they have out in the window display. They seem to be quite knowledgeable as well going by the conversations I've had with some of their assistants in the past.

Congrats on the purchase, great combo going on there with the BLNR.

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    I believe I have two of the best looking modern Rolexes in the BLNR and the Hulk
    How in the world are you going to choose which to wear in the mornings? You need to move one of them on right away.

Master
    Well done James and looking forward to the pictures.

Master
    Excellent choice, I have both of those watches too and bought from Goldsmiths in a similar way! Congrats and enjoy them they are very special watches imo.

Toying with getting another DSSD or trying the Hulk. Can't wait to see the pics.

Master
    excellent stuff, impulse purchase deserving of maximum man math points!

enjoy the new acquisition.

Excellent choice! And I always do love an impulse acquisition, so far they've made me the happiest.

Master
    Excellent choice, I toyed with the idea of buying one for a while then picked one up last year and it's fast become one of my favourite watches.

Craftsman
    2 brilliant watches. I was close to buying a BLNR or a hill but opted for a sub instead

Great choice! I bought my Hulk from the same shop a couple of years ago, I had just missed the one they had on display by minutes but they managed to get me another one within a couple of weeks when another Goldsmiths was quoting 6 months at least.

Nice, Im thinking of picking one up myself but it won't be a new one. Just today actually I had a look at one in a Glasgow AD, lovely.

Craftsman
    Good choice! congrats :) i saw one in goldsmiths cabot circus a couple of days ago and it looked amazing

Superb stuff James Looking forward to seeing pics of your brand new Hulk!

Craftsman
    Colleague has one and it's beautiful, none of the pics seem to do it justice.

Congrats!

Journeyman
    Congrats, lovely, not envious at all! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    Well there was - but isn't anymore :-).

As you may recall from a previous thread (linked below), I was recently musing whether I preferred the LVc or my BLNR.
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...highlight=Blnr
    I even posted my BLNR for sale or trade but in the end, even though I received offers of the watches I was looking to trade for, I just couldn't let it go. Then I tried a Rubber B to get over my PCL phobia on the GMTc bracelet - that can only be described as an epic failure due to wrist size.
    Fast forward to today and a business meeting in Chelmsford, look in the window of Goldsmiths as the young lady is putting new stock in - and lo and behold in goes a Hulk. I'm in the shop like a greased gazelle on a rocket, and sizeable deposit and interest free later and it's now with me - and going nowhere.
    OK I paid list, OK were I to sell tomorrow a small loss may occur, but I have coveted the Hulk since the first time I saw one - and now - happy days. I believe I have two of the best looking modern Rolexes in the BLNR and the Hulk, both have some colour to give them a different look to the everyday black bezel versions (not that there's anything wrong with those). I have to say I am happy as a pig in poo right now, and the papers are in MY name :-). I may sell one or two pieces to justify the purchase to myself but I really don't see any new purchases on the horizon.
    I'll take some (of my very average) pictures tomorrow for the sake of the post.
    Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling post.
    James
    You've got some balls or no wife

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    You've got some balls or no wife
    Well I'm married (still) - so there's your answer :-). All joking apart, she doesn't go without so is cool - no point in covering up (watches anyway ;-)).
    Sorry guys been busy today so no time for pics. Will get on it tomorrow - promise. Thanks for all the positives, it really is a cracker, I think with the BLNR and the Hulk I now have most bases covered.

Craftsman
    Excellent! Just seen the pics on the other thread.