closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Tumpter View Post
    Flippin heck didn't relalise it was that bad. As a man who hates queuing you've sold me next years event. I was working in Bahrain a number of years ago and they were giving away F1 tickets to to fill the venue.
    Me too, I think will have a real look as ok it's not the atmosphere of Mugello or anything but being the first race it's at least exciting from that POV and I haven't been to a night race (Le Mans excepted but that's not floodlit like this)

Many thanks for the info thats really interesting cheers

As an aside I saw a bit of the Wright Show this morning where they were talking about Qatar pitch protests being organised by unions to highlight the injuries and deaths in building and how poor the human rights record was there .... I don't remember any such conflict over Losail or racing there but them in UK media terms we are a minority sport and don't figure ..,,

I still don't understand the fuss over the temperature part of playing there when they can just play under similar floodlights at night ... Still I suppose footballers would want to be in the nightclubs by that time rather than playing so that's out....
    Last edited by lordloz; 2nd April 2015 at 18:19.

Yep...Austin. Texas.... and while we bask in lush sunshine in Texas it's torrential rain.....
    Theres been marshalling issues, a stray dog on track and delays ...but Kent, Lowe's and Redding showing some British class and right up time sheets so far....
    Nice one lads...

Journeyman
    it's a shame that Casey Stoner didn't get a ride, Pedrosa is taking up a factory ride whilst he slowly retires. Although unlikely to feature would have at least got the cameras further down the field for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumpter View Post
    it's a shame that Casey Stoner didn't get a ride, Pedrosa is taking up a factory ride whilst he slowly retires. Although unlikely to feature would have at least got the cameras further down the field for once.
    It would just have settled the pub argument of if stoner were there would he beat Marc at least....

So far really good prep for the British riders I'm all 3 classes....

Fingers crossed for qualifying ...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post
    It would just have settled the pub argument of if stoner were there would he beat Marc at least....

So far really good prep for the British riders I'm all 3 classes....

Fingers crossed for qualifying ...
    Wow, that was exciting.
    Marquez ís phenomenal. In a class of his own. Does mean tomorrow´s GP1 race winner is already known :-(

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Wow, that was exciting.
    Marquez ís phenomenal. In a class of his own. Does mean tomorrow´s GP1 race winner is already known :-(

Wow, that was exciting.
    Well yes it was pretty obvious I guess in the end but hey...Danny Kent and Sam Lowe's.... absolutely brilliant and amazing, Danny to be so Marquez like in Moto 3 & for Sam to have that huge off and want it so much he just budgeting and nailed it to perfection...stunning... I felt proud hearing that anthem played twice especially in the US far from this little island as well...

Booked Sunday - Anyone else going to Silverstone?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

A real star in the making: Fabio Quartararo
    Only 15 yo, 2nd in the race. Watch this space!

Fantastic all round. Two British winners, Rossi showing his magic and top of the leader board, and Ducatis running like the Devil is on their back. Awesome!

Master
    By eck...looking at Rossi's front tyre, I'm amazed he even finished....

A brilliant brilliant weekend in Austin for Britain last time out....though British press would rather report on a foreign golfer winning rather than British wins in WSBK and M3 & M2... First time since 1977... And nary a mention in print or our public service broadcaster.....

Great races from Danny and Alex and looks like they are on top form again this week in Argentina.....

Don't think British wins may be too popular in Argentina but hey...if they do the media may report that as it ties into the Argie Bargy over the islands they might pick up on it ....

Whatever they publish I don't care I'm just lapping up this season it's been superb so far....

A brilliant brilliant weekend in Austin for Britain last time out....though British press would rather report on a foreign golfer winning rather than British wins in WSBK and M3 & M2... First time since 1977... And nary a mention in print or our public service broadcaster.....
    UK press & media know / care sweet FA about bike racing
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Camping at Sillystone for the first time this year for the Moto GP - really looking forward to that
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    ........I don't care I'm just lapping up this season it's been superb so far....
    I agree - I'm enjoying all the races so far in Motogp, WSBK & BSB. Loads of excellent racing.
    It'd be nice to see Sykes get a decent result in Assen and always interested to see what Rossi can do as well (can't see anyone getting the better of MM today though....)
    Bring it on! 😁

Super dominant ride by Danny Webb - brilliant.

Great result for Sam Lowes too - a mature ride which was really good for the Championship.

Rossi - kinnell what a race. Marquez made a mistake with tyre choice and an even bigger one not conceding the lead when he obviously had a fried tyre. Great to see Cal get 3rd.

Brits on the podium in all 3 classes. Fantastic.

Some cracking racing in BSB and WSB too.

Rea looking dominant in WSB and really good to see James Ellison take the double at Brands
    Last edited by andy tims; 19th April 2015 at 21:12.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

One of the best days of bike racing in a long long time! 😀
    It's just a matter of time...

Banned
    Blog Entries

Finally

Finally Marquez bumps himself out of a race.
    He had that coming for a looooong time.
    It is just about incredible but Rossi is in with a chance on the title.

@Andy as well... yeah what a calendar clash though _ who organized that? I struggled to watch it all! But great weekend for Britain again....what Danny Kent is doing is Marquez like...he could find himself quite easily in GP if he continues but to walk away from the competitors is incredible.... great ride by Sam showing maturity and Cal excellent come back...Rossi superb again ..shame battle finished...season looks good though,
    To press ...Charlie boorman tweets today how annoyed he is it's not on any news channel.... I emailed the today programme to challenge them to not read another tedious football story but report gp instead..

Agreed. Marquez is hugely talented, but his overtake method is to barrel in and stand the other guy up. Thankfully he bounced. If that had been Dani Pedrosa, he would have snapped in two! Didn't see Moto 2 or 3. Will have to catch up with that. Disappointed with Cal's reaction in the post race interview; "thanks to everyone who'd written me off". One podium does not a resurgence make.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    Agreed. Marquez is hugely talented, but his overtake method is to barrel in and stand the other guy up. Thankfully he bounced. If that had been Dani Pedrosa, he would have snapped in two!
    Quite. It was only because Rossi is so experienced, lóóked and prepared that Marquez took himself out, not him.

I was a bit disappointed that the ´issue raised´ was not taken further to a penalty for Marquez. He ran into Rossi TWÍCE on the same corner despite clearly having lost the position.
    Because this is not a stand alone incident but an example in a long line of incidents which even led to what is called ´the Marquez rule´, he should have been dealt with in a severe manner.
    I think he should have been rapped on the knuckles and a rear of the grid start for the next race with a provisional ban for one.

Hi managed it in Italy last year too, when he slid off on a v slow corner.

Championship is interesting. Honda is the better set up, but Ducati can play with engine specs all year, and Yamaha are there to pick up any scraps. I still see Mark as taking the campionship, unless he gets rattled, which I doubt - he is very good and the Honda is very very strong. Shame Stoner didn't step in for Dani but we will get to see him compete in Japan for the Endurance race, and maybe even against (or with Mark) Rossi ;)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Hi managed it in Italy last year too, when he slid off on a v slow corner.

Championship is interesting. Honda is the better set up, but Ducati can play with engine specs all year, and Yamaha are there to pick up any scraps. I still see Mark as taking the campionship, unless he gets rattled, which I doubt - he is very good and the Honda is very very strong. Shame Stoner didn't step in for Dani but we will get to see him compete in Japan for the Endurance race, and maybe even against (or with Mark) Rossi ;)

I agree that Marquez is the very strong favorite still. I agree that he will not be rattled yet.
    Rossi is however in with a chánce.

The weak point of the Hondas is now the clutch at the start. This used to be the ace up the sleeve but the rest have gone one up.
    With quite a few blokes just about impossible to bully out of the way, Marquez míght experience some more first few corners difficulties.
    I sure hope so as a run away Marquez is bóóóring.

Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    Agreed. Marquez is hugely talented, but his overtake method is to barrel in and stand the other guy up. Thankfully he bounced. If that had been Dani Pedrosa, he would have snapped in two! Didn't see Moto 2 or 3. Will have to catch up with that. Disappointed with Cal's reaction in the post race interview; "thanks to everyone who'd written me off". One podium does not a resurgence make.
    Moto 2 was good but 3 was superb ... I'm loaning recording to my neighbour who only watches F1 ...
    Not a resurgence for Cal but he got a lot of flak for going to Ducati for cash ...

then for skipping out on them (and then GP15 turns out to be a proper motorcycle so looked like he's really dropped a clanger) so I think that was 2 fingers up to those who did write him off to show he's at least back contesting podiums...
    I think the Honda suits his riding more and even with the Ducati sorted I don't think he would have got on with it which he stated as had no regrets....
    Ok.....he doesn't have the charm and cheek of Sheene (who does) but I like a Brit who's prepared to just tell the truth and bluntly tell it like it is instead of plucky loser polite in defeat.....

Difference between bikes and car racing BTW...the stupid pc fuss over Lewis spraying a podium girl in China...vilified by press and PC brigade of the twitterverse as a disgrace .... In Texas and Argentina the podium girls just embraced it and had a laugh... And looked totally hot doing so.... *ahem*

The plus side of lack of media on bike racing is don't get the Guardanista attacking because they don't know we exist...so no complaints from fans or press... And No......Radio 4 didn't read out my email asking them to announce British results... Yawn...no surprises

I was pleased to see Cal on the podium, but his moaning makes him look a twat. His move from Ducati, looks about as good as Alonso's from Ferrari to McLaren right now.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Great race and I'm so happy to see Rossi back at his best. It'll be interesting to see whether this gets in Marquez's head. He so rarely doesn't 'get his own way' and I think this could affect him. Also great to see Cal on the podium- he's a fantastic rider but does need to cut the crap and get on with the results.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    He certainly is a whinger!!!!, but well done to him and Rossi is doing a fantastic job this year.

So FP 3 starting in 10 minutes as I write this...Danny up near top perhaps not quite as dominant looking yet but think qualifying he will be front row & will podium as hat trick in m3 unlikely but have faith He can do it...
    New contract for jorge means he is back on it as well, with slight injured Marquez and Rossi could be another big battle this weekend..

Lorenzo is back!

The Spaniard explained how he had turned his fortunes around today: “My mentality from this morning was to go for it and don‘t think too much, just try to ride according to my instinct and it worked very well, especially in the morning. It seems we are coming back stronger. We will have to demonstrate it tomorrow and especially on Sunday. I want to show my form again on the track tomorrow with my speed.”

To add to his performance on track was the news that he had agreed to stay with his Movistar Yamaha team until the end of his current contract, which runs out at the end of the 2016 season.

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    Lorenzo is back!

The Spaniard explained how he had turned his fortunes around today: “My mentality from this morning was to go for it and don‘t think too much, just try to ride according to my instinct and it worked very well, especially in the morning. It seems we are coming back stronger. We will have to demonstrate it tomorrow and especially on Sunday. I want to show my form again on the track tomorrow with my speed.”

To add to his performance on track was the news that he had agreed to stay with his Movistar Yamaha team until the end of his current contract, which runs out at the end of the 2016 season.

With new contract in his pocket seems his race head is now back...which is great to see and brings us 3 aliens again....if he's on it maybe cal is 4th alien today....Danny is still looking ominously fast as if not held up would have beaten the fantastic job quarterrerro did ...in race Danny's experience might see him disappear again fingers crossed....Sam looks a little off and Rabat back on form naturally in Spain....as its rubbish outside I'm quite happy to sit watching top racing all day....

Lorenzo has an appointment with the Doctor........................

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Spanish tv/comentary is making Rossi a villain for having caúsed the Marquez fall on purpose by design. They are malicious about it and Angel Nieto has responded rather angrily and clearly; NO!

As confident as Lorenzo has shown himself. I expect Marquez to ´Marquez´ him aside. No so Rossi. The last corner moves of Rossi are engraved on my mind´s eye. If Rossi is anywhere close in the end, he will win again.

I would lóve to watch it but a have a date. Ah well. A luxury ´problem´....

Very enjoyable race, Lorenzo doing what he does the best: mm perfect lines lap after lap, fair play to Marquez must have been feeling some pain and great to see the Doctor plugging away.

Hopefully Cal will move up a gear as the season progresses.

Exciting times ahead.

The plus side of lack of media on bike racing is don't get the Guardanista attacking because they don't know we exist...so no complaints from fans or press... And No......Radio 4 didn't read out my email asking them to announce British results... Yawn...no surprises
    Odd that the BBC still show a Moto GP clip as part of one of their sports coverage trailers. They do ignore it completely though otherwise, unless it is a very slow sports news day.
    They are also quite content to blurt out the F1 results when they are not showing the race live, which is exceedingly annoying and means a news channel blackout in this house for half the races.

Big bikes boring by the standard of the season so far. Glad to see Lorenzo get his mojo back - hopefully not a flash in the pan.

Lowes clearly had a tyre problem, but well done again to Danny Webb. 3 wins on the bounce.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Odd that the BBC still show a Moto GP clip as part of one of their sports coverage trailers. They do ignore it completely though otherwise, unless it is a very slow sports news day.
    They are also quite content to blurt out the F1 results when they are not showing the race live, which is exceedingly annoying and means a news channel blackout in this house for half the races.
    are they seriously still showing a moto GP clip? they didn't know what to do with it when they had it....they brushed over it on SPOTY.... when they had it....they will always blurt out any non football result but treat soccer with kid gloves and the likely lads treatment.... though even 3 brits on podium didn't get a mention so usually actually safe from that...

if i can't watch live i stay off any media including any web and social networks....been burnt before....

i admire the perfection in the lines of jorge and wish i had that skill level, but when he gets dominant in race like that he's so super smooth it's boring,whereas even if#93 gets way ahead he's so on the edge it's a great show....

it was dull....moto 2 was better but Danny Kent......wow..... he can dominate out front and he can scrap.....brilliant ...if jack miller can get elevated into mgp then Danny should be next....great move going to a Honda....I can see him in Repsol orange one day....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So I was wrong and right.
    Rossi did not win, Lorenzo made it a bore.

As much as I am a Rossi supporter since he first hopped on a 125, I hope that Lorenzo can get the crown. The guy has grown só much as a person, in his private life; he deserves it.

Practice today.....

Danny Kent looking very fine again in Moto 3 for Le Mans .... Could be the dream for Quarterraro though occasion may get better of him.. But Danny is looking mighty... If he doesn't win will podium and keep racking up points all being well...

Hoping Sam goes well in 2 haven't caught up with 2 today yet as work gets in way

and Dani Pedrosa is back for this weekend too and Marc's finger A OK too...

Annoyingly I am out all day at a National Trust venue classic car event so long as I don't get a power cut will just let the recorder run all day..

Who's your money on? Rossi has had his share of bad luck at Le Mans a few times but I think it might be Marquez seeking revenge this time... Hope we have a battle that's all...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just watched the last 18 laps of the delayed airing of GP1. WOW!!

Nothing went wróng but I still think Marquez should be taken apart for a serious talking to. He véry nearly repeated Argentine.

He is a bit wild - I've agreed that a chat might do all good, but I'm sure that has happened already. I like at he takes crazy lines but when it's swiping across other riders, then I'm glad I'm not good enough to race against him at times ;)

Best ride of today - Danny Kent 31st to 4th. The boy's a star.

Good ride from Lorenzo and Rossi but the Marquez / Iannone battle was fabulous.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post

If he won that Danny would be guaranteed a Moto GP ride next year....as it is I think he's definitely on for back to Moto 2 but in a top team/bike combo this time....as it is that was simply amazing ...I think he'll need to be champ to get into Moto GP...but ....
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if he slotted into Dani' s seat next year.... it's a real long shot and probability is not high due to Spanish sponsors but there a chance there....

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post

+1

Absolutely cracking race with a terrific dog fight between Marquez and Iannone, especially when you consider one had a broken finger and the other a dislocated shoulder! Great to see for the sport that Lorenzo has continued his winning ways after the last race and of course you can never discount Valentino!

I think it will be a very close call between Rossi / Marquez / Lorenzo for the title.............

Cheers!
    Mark

Another awesome day for British motorcycle sport as after his amazing last to 4th ride at Le Mans Danny Kent didn't even bother with a tow and decimated the field by 7/10ths on his own ...really putting the marker down...
    I pray for No stupid injury/crashes as he is a genuine world champ in the making....oozing confidence but not arrogance...

Sam Lowe's crashed with 20 mins to go...smokes another pole no one else could get near....

Cal in 4th and Marc all at sea on his Honda makes tomorrow interesting as long as Jorge doesn't just clear off...

Looking forward to this race and mugello on my bucket list of things to do...

As an aside ....my tablet offered nigella as alternative predictive text to mugello when typing...Yes she's also on my bucket list...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Danny Kent performed the coolest act by far by not going out in QP untill quite late in the session. Thén he did it all on het own. To top it off for the team his mate Ono got in the second time.

I have a bad feeling about the Marquez glitch. He was só annoyed yesterday that his barging through style mught be enhanced. I sure hope not. If it is the sewards should fínally dock him a good one but are not likely too. Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed that he takes himself out again and not some hapless other.

Lorenzo was as per Le Mans and Jerez; gréat; sóóó smooth.
    I was even more impressed by the Iannone and Dovi though: At 360 km/h over the crest where their blind breaking point is. No wonder they have winglets to keep them on the tar.

Looks promising indeed. ´Unfortunately´ I had made previous arrangements so I will be out. To my no small surprise the race is delayed transmitted on Spanish tele so I may still get to see it later in the evening :-)

Btw. on various channels there were various interview with Pedrosa. He was só relaxed, composed and technically transparent that it was a rare treat to see them. He was absolutely brilliant in explaining the Honda´s problems.
    Also him being able to get the factory beast around quicker than Marquez says a whole lot about his grit. I hope he has no trouble with his arm during the race.

All set for a great race - can't wait :)

Should be a great race- just need to avoid this thread until tomorrow as I'm away and can't watch until then!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just back home.
    Whát a races!
    Only skipped the core of the Moto2.

Just back home.
    Whát a races!
    Only skipped the core of the Moto2.
    Moto 3 = incredible.. Shame for Danny but it's all about the championship for him now while his challengers fall away battling each other he keeps racking up podium points... Nice one Danny... The main group challenging for lead was 16 or so.... Amazing ...F1 take note that's how you make racing exciting...

Shame about Sam...don't think he had ultimate pace for win and to be honest you missed not much by skipping it was a bit dull...

Moto GP..,,Jorge so smooth again but what the hell has happened to Honda...they are in their cycle they go through every few years of being dominant then fiddling a bit and then that years bike becomes a dog..,it's not just Marc's head though it's getting to him it's his real test of championship mettle now...Jorge and Vale have all had their lean times and come through it stronger...,now we will see what he's made of ...but by god he tries ...13th to 3rd then 2nd...

Unfortunately for Cal he seems to be in wrong place wrong time.... Jumped ship from a multi million deal with Ducati...now gets the same front end problems Ducati had which Honda seems to be suffering with and the Ducati is much closer in chassis and power..,,
    Hindsight great it did look like the Honda was the machine when he made deal but now...not so good.....

Jorge amazing rider but again so smooth to make it dull at front though of course it's epic...,and atmosphere for 46 superb.....

but can I just say...218mph on the straight..... Jeessuss....

Rossi was just amazing.