closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Malaga car hire

Craftsman

Malaga car hire

Looking to rent a car for a fortnight in January , so any advice from the forum is greatly appreciated .

From my my research malagacarhire looks the best so far .

I always use Crown cars

Craftsman
    I always use this site for car hire in spain

https://www.doyouspain.com/

Never had any problems, you can cancel without any penalties too

Steve

I fly into Malaga a lot and have used a lot of the hire companies there. In my opinion Helle Hollis are by far the best in terms of service & quality even if they can be beaten (not by much) on price. The vehicles are new & clean and safe. Just don't use Marbasol. There cars are targeted by thieves as they are able to remotely unlock their cars. We know this at our cost!

Craftsman
    Been using AutoReisen lately. No complaints.

Try Centauro car hire, based 5 minutes shuttle bus ride from the Malaga airport. We use them regularly. Large fleet of new cars and low prices.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the advice chaps , I will have a look at your suggestions . What a great forum this is .

Master
    Use these all the time and check out the reviews...

http://www.malagacar.com/uk/contact-...malaga-uk.html

I can't remember the name of the company we used - I was a bit surprised at the scraped and dented car I got, but after a day in Grenada I was grateful I hadn't been given a pristine car.

On the CDS most are out to scam you, one way or another, that is how they make money, not from regular car hire, through damage, body/tyres, fuel, whatever. You signing the forms is the start of your car hire and their "real" business. I have been shafted by everybody I've used, except Helle Holis.

Craftsman
    Try Benalmadena Cars www.benalmadenacars.net

Apprentice

Malaga car hire - Delpaso

Hello, I hired with Malaga car hire Delpaso last two times, and they had good rates.
    They are outside airport, but have a bus tranfer, and their office are at 2 minutes from airport terminal.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb January 2015

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    I have been shafted by everybody I've used, .
    That seems to be the industry standard.
    The least bad are the largest international firms.

The OP went three months ago. Maybe he can share his experience?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaguita View Post
    Hello, I hired with Malaga car hire Delpaso last two times, and they had good rates.
    They are outside airport, but have a bus tranfer, and their office are at 2 minutes from airport terminal.
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

Master
    Check with doyouspain as noted above - friend got car hire with them for £3 per day!!

Master
    DO NOT USE MARBESOL. DO NOT USE MARBESOL. DO NOT USE MARBESOL. DO NOT USE MARBESOL. DO NOT USE MARBESOL. DO NOT USE MARBESOL. DO NOT USE MARBESOL. DO NOT USE MARBESOL. DO NOT USE MARBESOL. DO NOT USE MARBESOL. DO NOT USE MARBESOL. DO NOT USE MARBESOL. DO NOT USE MARBESOL.

I repeat, DO NOT USE MARBESOL.

Total crooks who tried to charge my card for over 14,000 euros when we had our car stolen there!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    That seems to be the industry standard.
    The least bad are the largest international firms.

The OP went three months ago. Maybe he can share his experience?!
    I am in Spain again now and just driven to Zafarraya from Frigiliana (thanks for the tip Petrus) in our Malaga car hire car , no problem with them previously even after someone key'd the bonnet in Nerja , and no loss of deposit so with them again .

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    I am in Spain again now and just driven to Zafarraya from Frigiliana (thanks for the tip Petrus) in our Malaga car hire car , no problem with them previously even after someone key'd the bonnet in Nerja , and no loss of deposit so with them again .
    Great weather now. Sunny, not too hot so enjoy!!

Velez Malaga old town centre is quite nice btw. You can park smack bang in the centre under the Plaza del Carmen and the bar just across the exit has a good vfm menu two notches up from venta food.
    Went to a string concert there Tuesday. Good and with a very unusual but authentic baroque twist; an überlong theorbo. It is a briljant road from Velez to Casabermeja if you want a nice drive. From there it is just a hop to Antequera; the jewel of Andalucía.

Right, I am off to a star gazing night. The gf is driving back :-)

Craftsman
    Have been using doyouspain for many years. Easy and very flexible.
    A point to note is that until a few months ago, charges were slightly higher and insurance was included (except tires and windscreens as i recall). Now charges are way lower (eg 3 quid a day) but you have no insurance voer whatsoever. Instead you either have circa 2k held on your credit card in the event there is an accident, car stolen etc OR you pay for insurance seperatly. And guess what, this works out quite bit more expensive than the old system whereby insurance is rolled in. Obviously, not taking out insurance just isnt an option. It also means that the amount you have been quoted for rental (wow, 3 quid a day!!) will work out near 10 quid a day, or more.
    Over the last year doyouspain have placed our rental (they are an agency) with 4 different companies and all but one of them have no adopted this more expensive method of rental. And if you are looking to rent in spain you are unlikley to get a rental deal cheaper than they can find for you

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post

Did you park in the central car park at the back of all the restaurants when your car got keyed.

We have a place in Nerja but we always walk into town.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    Did you park in the central car park at the back of all the restaurants when your car got keyed.

We have a place in Nerja but we always walk into town.
    I have been here all year round for 14 years and park anywhere, anytime. Usually I don´t lock the car so it does not get bróken into. Not a single bother yet.

There are two observations which make about almost binairy differences.
    - Foreign license plates and hire cars are magnets for police and ununiformed robbers.
    - The type of car; Mercedes, BMW, Audi et al, ditto ánd these attract jealousy/spite.

So when hiring a modest! car try get one with the either alloy wheels or the hub caps still on. Next is that the first thing you do is stop at the first opportunity to peel all the rental car stickers off.