closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drunken Cooking

Drunken Cooking

What's your favourite rushed, messy, effort at cooking whilst well-oiled in the small hours of Saturday/Sunday morning?

I generally go with the 'student pizza' (fridge content's willing)

2 pieces of cheap white bread
    Ketchup
    Pack of shredded cheddar or mozzarella or some other plastic cheese

Toast the bread. Spread liberally with ketchup. Sprinkle on cheese. Under the grill for a few minutes until cheese has browned. Eat whilst still extremely hot, burn top of mouth right off.

Bon Appetit.

Kebab curry,

Frozen kebab meat 2.5 minutes in microwave on full heat,
    Meanwhile warm up curry sauce in a pan, then add kebab meat, return to heat.
    Place microwave rice in microwave, again full power for 2 minutes.

All on a plate with in 5 minutes,

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Frozen kebab meat
    How is this even allowed to be a thing?

Craftsman
    Kebab curry,

Note time of post. Anyone else think this was mid creation whilst half cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Note time of post. Anyone else think this was mid creation whilst half cut?
    Hahahh,

Heat a drained can of chopped tinned tomatoes in a saucepan, add loads of Lea and Perrins sauce and then slop over buttered toast. Get bottle of bourbon out and wack music up, listen to distant calls of wife in background.
    Last edited by Martin123; 22nd April 2015 at 08:54.

The Swedes have got this nailed - Pyttipanna. Take the bag out of the freezer and tip it into the frying pan. If you're feeling adventurous you can garnish it with a fried egg and some pickled beetroot. I always have either brown sauce or Lea & Perrins Table sauce. Can be bought in Ikea - just watch out for the horsemeat.

Master
    Patak's Madras Curry Paste (not the sauce) spread on toast washed down with a bottle or two of Stella Artois. Tastes pretty good but does tend to cause serious first-thing-in-the-morning intestinal gas which in its turn is unpopular with the powers that be, especially when one playfully gives them the old 'Dutch Oven' treatment.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    The Swedes have got this nailed - Pyttipanna. Take the bag out of the freezer and tip it into the frying pan. If you're feeling adventurous you can garnish it with a fried egg and some pickled beetroot. I always have either brown sauce or Lea & Perrins Table sauce. Can be bought in Ikea - just watch out for the horsemeat.

That's not drunken cooking that's a Michelin Star!

Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    That's not drunken cooking that's a Michelin Star!
    Yup, I think drunken cooking comes from the ''Off your face'' recipe book

Master
    To be fair it's just a bag of frozen bite size bits that you fry off in a pan. No more taxing than the accompanying fried egg.

They've just prettied it up a bit with some dried herbs and a few slices of beetroot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesey View Post
    To be fair it's just a bag of frozen bite size bits that you fry off in a pan. No more taxing than the accompanying fried egg.

They've just prettied it up a bit with some dried herbs and a few slices of beetroot.
    LUXURY!

Always handy in case of emergency

Craftsman
    what is my drunken style? another beer probably ;)
    eggs with bitter tea just to rinse all other tastes away
    Coke helps either

Fried egg sarnie !

Bork, that made me laugh.

Drunk 'cooking' taken to a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    Bork, that made me laugh.

Drunk 'cooking' taken to a new low.
    Remainds me of ultra quick coffee, where you add a spoon of instant coffee directly in your mouth and then as hot water you can stand directly from the tap. Mix with tongue.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Fried egg sarnie with chilli sauce.

I am now banned from cooking sausages whilst drunk after having given myself food poisoning three times!

English Breadsticks: no cooking necessary. Pop to Tescos (Waitrose if you just got paid), grab some ready-to-eat sausage rolls and some houmous. You're welcome.

Kebab curry,

You bloody animal 😂😂

Master
    I had a housemate who had a habit of cooking findus crispy pancakes in the toaster...

My fave is Super noodles with fried eggs on top. Or a bit simpler- crumpet, butter, marmite, cream cheese.

I can hardly walk home when pissed, let alone cook summat

Kebab shop for me

Craftsman
    I've been thinking about frozen kebab meat for most of today. Slow day at work and all that. Conclusion was that it's probably a recipe for dysentery.

Genius

Bork, that had me in stitches! I am not even ashamed to say that I will be trying this!

Quote Originally Posted by dixie View Post
    Bork, that had me in stitches! I am not even ashamed to say that I will be trying this!

Sounds good , let me know how it tasted when you get out of hospital :)

cheese onion and ham toasties with heinz baked beans

Ingredients:
    1 uncut loaf of bread
    1 tin of meaty stuff (curry, chilli, meatballs and pasta... whatever - it's not too important)

Heat up tin of meaty stuff in pan/microwave
    Scoop out inside of loaf with fingers. Discard scoopings.
    Pour meaty stuff into hollow loaf.
    Eat.
    Last edited by Lampoc; 22nd April 2015 at 18:09.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyguitar View Post
    How is this even allowed to be a thing?
    Ive never even heard of frozen kebab meat but it's definitely something I do not want to try

Bork just won the internet! Brilliant!

Master
    Lasagne Torpedo

Ingredients:

1 baguette
    1 lasagne ready meal (fresh or frozen but the cheaper the better!)

Method:

Cut one end of the baguette off and hollow out as deep as you dare whilst heating the lasagne in the microwave; you can nibble on the excess bread whilst waiting for the ready meal to finish "cooking". Once the lasagne is ready remove it from the microwave and use a knife to cut it up for ease of stuffing, then take your hollowed out baguette and using spoon stuff it with as much of the lasagne as it'll take and serve with condiments of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Lasagne Torpedo

Ingredients:

1 baguette
    1 lasagne ready meal (fresh or frozen but the cheaper the better!)

Method:

Cut one end of the baguette off and hollow out as deep as you dare whilst heating the lasagne in the microwave; you can nibble on the excess bread whilst waiting for the ready meal to finish "cooking". Once the lasagne is ready remove it from the microwave and use a knife to cut it up for ease of stuffing, then take your hollowed out baguette and using spoon stuff it with as much of the lasagne as it'll take and serve with condiments of your choice.

That sounds tasty but I'm sure my wife wouldn't be happy with the mess I'd made in the kitchen the next morning , it would look like I'd murdered the dog with a bread knife.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Bork just won the internet! Brilliant!
    I agree, I cant stop chuckling .....

Master
    When I was still living at home in my late teens my favourite food after a night out was Turkey Drummers, usually the whole pack, on a plate covered in salad cream. On more than one occasion though I've managed to pass out on the sofa and cremated them

Quote Originally Posted by James Mac View Post
    Ive never even heard of frozen kebab meat but it's definitely something I do not want to try
    WUS

Open a tin of tomatoes and pour into a frying pan, add tabasco, lea and perrins, hp sauce or preferred condiment, mash the toms and heat until bubbling, crack 3 or 4 eggs into the sauce, then grate plenty of cheese over it and cover with a lid or plate until the eggs are cooked and cheese goes all melty..Serve over toast or crusty bread.

I almost forgot, you can add a shot of vodka to the tomato mixture if a nightcap is required.
    Last edited by Passenger; 22nd April 2015 at 20:48. Reason: post script

Never deep fry anything when drunk. Alcohol can give the profound belief anything can be deep fried. Reality is most things result in near death.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

WUS

Where do you buy this frozen dog shit?

Master
    Drunken cooking?? There is a reason kebab shops and curry houses open until 3am chaps.

I could burn a pot noodle when I'm pissed, no way would I trust myself sticking the gas on and attempting a recipe!

£5.99 Godfather kebab for me (chicken and lamb tikka buried under a mountain of kebab meat, loads of hot sauce, keep the salad thanks, served on a garlic naan) - I've only managed to finish it once or twice, which is a proper result the next morning when you realise you have lunch sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    Where do you buy this frozen dog shit?
    Ok I understand where you're coming from so here goes,
    Like many others when one over the eight I am some times drawn to a kebab, a couple of months back it was brought to my attention that frozen food outlets sell frozen kebab meat, so on the odd occasion my other half is visiting her folks in Twickenham, I may just indulge in beers and kebab curry, once maybe twice a year

About 20 years ago nearly at the end of my heroic drinking years I fell in through the front door in the early hours and decided to cook some cheese and onion on toast under the grill.

The sound of the smoke detector woke me up 15 or so minutes later, the grill had been on maximum and the cheese on toast was black. Looked ok to me. A tin of beer out of the fridge I sat down next to the cooker to eat the burnt offerings - I recall that they weren't bad at all.

All was not well otherwise though as so good were the anaesthetic properties of the nights beer intake I had failed to notice that my left forearm was resting on the very hot grill pan. Didn't feel a thing at the time. I did the next day though and had to spend the next week and a half with a number of trips to the GP surgery to have the 2nd degree burn monitored and dressed.

I am of course reminded frequently about this by her in doors and these days stick to crisps, nuts or other cold stuff late at night after a few too many drinks.

Ok I understand where you're coming from so here goes,
    Like many others when one over the eight I am some times drawn to a kebab, a couple of months back it was brought to my attention that frozen food outlets sell frozen kebab meat, so on the odd occasion my other half is visiting her folks in Twickenham, I may just indulge in beers and kebab curry, once maybe twice a year

I'm gunna have to try this mate 👌

Craftsman
    There is only one food when drunk and that is shavings from the leg of the mystical 'Kebab' animal.
    Not pitta because that's too dry but a Naan or wrap to keep the meat in one place when offering it towards the gaping mouth and then the tricky decision of salad/sauce choice.

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    I'm gunna have to try this mate 
    My dealer pointed me in the direction of Fultons frozen foods or Iceland, he gave me the first bag free but that was just to get me hooked,

Enjoy chum, but a good few beers are essential first, give the cat some kebab and it will never leave you.

My dealer pointed me in the direction of Fultons frozen foods or Iceland, he gave me the first bag free but that was just to get me hooked,

Enjoy chum, but a good few beers are essential first, give the cat some kebab and it will never leave you.

Apart from when it goes outside to spray cat Diarrhea all over next doors garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    Apart from when it goes outside to spray cat Diarrhea all over next doors garden.
    Good cats always poop on someone else's garden

Banned
    Blog Entries
    stuff cooking, just get a Kebab Cab,

I'm almost (but not completely) embarrassed to admit that you can buy frozen kebab meat from Makro.

My short lived embarrassment is based on the fact I went there last week and was a touch disappointed that they didn't have it.

I will now have to fulfill my munchies on a Bernard Matthews Cheese Hamwich in....a Sandwich.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Ingredients:
    1 uncut loaf of bread
    1 tin of meaty stuff (curry, chilli, meatballs and pasta... whatever - it's not too important)

Heat up tin of meaty stuff in pan/microwave
    Scoop out inside of loaf with fingers. Discard scoopings.
    Pour meaty stuff into hollow loaf.
    Eat.
    And We Have....................... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_chow

What curry do you put this 💩 into?