closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NHL The Stanley Cup

NHL The Stanley Cup

Anyone else a big hockey fan?

I will be following the Blackhawks who I think have a decent chance now that Kane is back. Should take Nashville in 6 and battle all the way to the Finals.

This year I reckon a team from the East takes it. Rangers probably but i would like the Habs to take the cup back home to Canada.

I'm a huge New York Rangers fan. I've watched every one of their games this season so far thanks to subscriptions to Premier Sports and NHL Gamecenter Live. Obviously I'm pleased we won the President's Trophy and the home team advantage that goes with it. Having Hank back and playing spectacularly too is a big boost for the team. Cam Talbot has done an amazing job but he's not Hank. I hope Kevin Klein comes back for game 2 and Alain Vigneault benches Tanner Glass for James Sheppard. I think we have what it takes to reach the Finals again. The Lightning look to be the team that will stand in our way.

As for the West, it's too close to call. The Hawks look good. I just don't understand why Vermette was scratched. I hope you do well for Brad Richards.

As long as the Habs don't win it. I've seen the Rangers a few times so I lean towards them when the Bruins aren't involved. That's sacrilege in New England of course but I'm miles away!

I would love to see Kimmo Timonen win a cup (and improve the pick the Flyers acquired in the trade).

Great comeback from the Hawks in a solid game one. Darling once again making a mockery of Crawford as the number 1 goalie. But I am already prepared to get in a sulk when Corey starts game 2.

Glad to see the Islanders get off to a good start, that franchise needs a good run after such bleak years!

Got up at 6am to watch the Rangers game. What a great start and first period overall. The second wasn't so great. I felt we did a good job in the third containing Malkin and Crosby. It makes a change to win an opening playoff game on home ice.

Master
    Love hockey but don't have a favorite team.
    Washington lost the first game but I think they might have a good chance to go all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Love hockey but don't have a favorite team.
    Washington lost the first game but I think they might have a good chance to go all the way.
    I don't see the Rangers losing to Washington. The only team from the East I'm worried about are the Isles.

Go Flames Go!

Don't have a team I follow but I do keep an eye on how the local boys are doing over there.
    So, go Flames and Blues!

Master
    Die hard Leafs fan here. So obviously I'm watching the golf course....

Master
    Not sure if you saw this from yesterday? GB playing S Korea, score is 2-2 in the 3rd period. GB awarded a penalty shot, and there's a couple of minutes delay before it can be taken. No pressure then....

GB vs Netherlands is live this evening on Premier Sports.

Apprentice
    Go Flames Go!!!

GB won promotion to pool 1A. Unfortunately the Rangers lost game 2 (as usual).

So the Rangers won game 3. Well worth getting up early to watch. We are now back with having home advantage with 2 more games at MSG as well as 2 in Pittsburgh.

I am really enjoying this playoffs with some great 'old' rivalries back: MON/OTT, VAN/CAL; and some teams back from some years in the wilderness: Winnipeg and Calgary and the Isles.

Go Hawks

Did you watch last night's game? I just watched the recap on NHL.com and see that the Hawks won in triple OT. Looks like a great effort from them.

So the Caps are up next for the Rangers. That seems familiar. We are really going to miss Zuuc.

I don't think the Caps will make the Rangers struggle too hard.

The 'Hawks are facing the Wild, I am genuinely concerned about the match-up but think CHI in 7.

Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    I don't think the Caps will make the Rangers struggle too hard.

The 'Hawks are facing the Wild, I am genuinely concerned about the match-up but think CHI in 7.
    The Hawks Wild match-up will come down to how well Dubnyk plays against Crawford or Darling.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    The Hawks Wild match-up will come down to how well Dubnyk plays against Crawford or Darling.
    Yeah I think Dubnyk reverts to his Oilers days or at least his non-superman days. If Kane/Toews/Hoss can crack him the series could be short.

Unfortunately Craw is in net so the Wild have a chance.

Master
    Go Red Wings!

Big game tonight.

I'd rather the Wings win than the Bolts. The Bolts gave the Rangers a lot of trouble.