closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Do i have the worlds most accurate Auto ?

Do i have the worlds most accurate Auto ?

So... after Rolex St James did a quick regulation adjustment (it was running +14 per day) on my 2011 114270 36mm Explorer 1 I now find that since last Thursday (30th) till now (Tuesday) the watch has been running bang on atomic clock time... 0s deviation on the wrist with crown-up at night.

Interesting to hear of other auto movement owners experience. to say im chuffed with my explorer would be an understatement as its my daily-do-all wearer and isnt a safe queen at all

cheers

^^^^ sounds great.

I have been timing my YachtMaster over the last 3.5 days, and over that period it has lost a total of 0.2 seconds.

Master
    I've been deeply impressed with the accuracy of the ETA movement in my Steinhart GMT-a-like - during the whole of April, it gained 14 seconds! It does seem to vary very slightly for some reason.

Someone will be along with a Parnis shortly to tell you how their watch loses LESS than no time...

Good result for you, hope mine runs as well although deep down I don't really care :)

Who knows - I never wear one long enough to notice if it's lost or gained significantly.

I do have a recent acquisition that's gained an hour in 12, so I guess that's probably NOT a contender!

M.

PS I do have a Parnis, though, and ...

The best automatic timekeepers I've got are my Rolex Day-Date and a Grand Seiko GMT, - The Rolex is about -1 second a day, and the GS is about +1 second a day. That'll do for me. But I rarely wear them long enough for it to matter.

I seem to be wearing one or other of my vintage Seiko divers most of the time. They are usually +/- 15 seconds or thereabouts a day.

Master
    My 25 year old ETA Tudor is doing less than +1s per day. It's more accurate than my new Submariner...

Master
    My Patek Nautilus is probably the most accurate watch I have owned. To avoid my comment being a "mines better than yours" type thread. Mine has gained 1 second over 1 month...Granted I wear it regularly and when Im not its on a winder. But Patek accuracy is bloody amazing....Thought Rolex was good...

+0.25 over 8 weeks, 2008 Daytona, never serviced either

Had a watch that was 76 hours off during 12 year period. Think that is fairly good, although I can't calculate it

I've had watches run like that for a few weeks/months after a service, then the accuracy tends to drift (until it's just a handful of seconds either way) - as long as it is within 5 seconds a day either way I'm not really bothered!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Im not a big fusser over accuracy but ive been timing my 116610 over a fortnight and its running at +0.1 second a day.. that's being permanently worn so I don't know what it would do left in different positions overnight etc.

0 is v impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by even neve View Post
    Had a watch that was 76 hours off during 12 year period. Think that is fairly good, although I can't calculate it
    Wow, works out 0.017 daily

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    He didn't say it was an automatic.........:)

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Have been wearing my SDc for the last few weeks and it has gained a grand total of one second in that time. Pretty good I would say.

Must be something about Sdc. Mines been on my wrist since it arrived three weeks ago. In that time it's lost 2.5 seconds.

Master
    I suppose it also depends how much variation there was in the timekeeping. I.e. The watch may have gained a few secs at first and then lost a few secs later so a little bit of a 'coincidence' that it nets off to zero.

Master
    Great data above.

As man with many watches and no winder this is a non-issue.
    Also, I sometimes don't even set the time when putting the watches on. I just like the sensation of a quality item around my wrist.

Master
    I love an accurate watch.
    Anything with a 5-/+ seconds a day is really annoying for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    I'll fess up, turns out my imaginary watch is very accurate then. I was just throwing some numbers out to see if anyone would come along and do the math...as I guess you knew.

Craftsman

3 secondas

I have 3 secondas 2 made in ussr brought by me ages ago. One cost a fiver the other was about 8quid the fiver one looses 5seconds in 24 hours day in day out so properly needs regulating but I shan't bother. The other looses anything up to 14 seconds a day. Now the thirdnone gifted about a year ago new
    looses and gains and can loose up to half a minute a day how crap is that for a new watch,also why should two watches that dont look as they have been looked after work better and only been used at a few times at fam get to gethers.

One of the PRS-2 chronometer certificates recorded zero deviation in all 5 positions.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".