closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Delivery tracking is adictive

Delivery tracking is adictive

I don't think 10 minutes has passed today that I haven't sneaked a look at FedEx's site to see if my incoming has come.

It finally says "Delivered" so now I just have to wish away the time until I can go home and play.

Pics later.

Yes, I love tracking RMSD parcels, whether they are incoming, or even outgoing!
    I probably need therapy

Best feeling in the world

Pics when you get home!

I hate it. Makes me too anxious when it spends a day in a courier holding facility and I'm furious that they don't turn it around same day. "It arrived at UPS East Mids depot 0300hrs, why did it not get delivered today - Argh!!!"... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    I hate it. Makes me too anxious when it spends a day in a courier holding facility and I'm furious that they don't turn it around same day. "It arrived at UPS East Mids depot 0300hrs, why did it not get delivered today - Argh!!!"... etc.
    That's true. I hate it when you miss a parcel and you have to wait 24 hours to collect it... that's just a slap round the jaw

Craftsman
    Agree 100%, addictive and drives me mad when nothing updates and the parcel has flashed through many miles to be delayed down the road.... It's like being a kid waiting for the night to go before Xmas day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    I probably need therapy
    Yep

Master
    Yeah - I tracked my Steinhart - it left wherever in Germany and reached Stanstead Airport in under 8 hours, but then didn't move from there for the next 3 days! I was getting a bit concerned....

Last I read, my latest left SHINFUKUOKA two days ago - now waiting for the parcelfarce and VAT handling nonsense.

I must admit, I do enjoy parcel tracking.

It should be the dullest show on Earth, but it's strangely exciting when you see a package has left depot number 3, wondering where the next stop on the journey will be.

Master
    Seeing this reminded me I have an incoming and now I am refreshing it every 5-10 mins for updates!! damn it

Waiting for a PM with my latest inbound tracking number

Master
    Most fun I had was DHL express,left Lyons around 5pm and with me in Belfast next morning.

Yes, I love tracking RMSD parcels, whether they are incoming, or even outgoing!
    I probably need therapy
    Shopping therapy works well, I'm told - how about getting another Seiko (or even a first if you don't have any)?

My recently arrived G-Shock was stuck in Hamburg for six days. Six days. Imagine how much my F5 button suffered. Thanks DHL!

One incoming parcel has arrived at the airport on friday at 10:34.45. Hasn't moved since. I was hoping to receive it today, but now I'm afraid I won't have it even tomorrow.

My first encounter with tracked shipping was when I sent a valuable antiquarian book to Canada. After it arrived it was all I could do to stop myself sending an empty box to a random address abroad just so I had something to check first thing in the morning. Fortunately, at about the same time, a friend introduced me to watch forums thus saving my sanity and rescuing me from a life spent needlessly staring at a computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    One incoming parcel has arrived at the airport on friday at 10:34.45. Hasn't moved since. I was hoping to receive it today, but now I'm afraid I won't have it even tomorrow.

I wonder if they have figured out what your parcel contains

I wonder if they have figured out what your parcel contains
    What? Did you send me haggis? Should have guessed you were angling for proper payback...

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    What? Did you send me haggis? Should have guessed you were angling for proper payback...

Perhaps I did?!!

No need to wonder why it's stuck then. I can imagine a swarm of posties in biohazard suits and masks.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Once I was waiting in for a delivery, checked the website and to my surprise the status said delivered having said out for delivery only a few minutes earlier.

I called the courier and they informed me it had been delivered and they had my name and signature as the recipient. I informed them I had not signed for anything.

At that point they pretty much said tough luck.

I spent the rest of the day chasing the issue. EBay said tough as the seller had proof of delivery so no route of recovery there ... The courier company said they wouldn't deal with me that the sender had to make a claim, he wouldn't as he thought I was trying it on and EBay were protecting him anyway.

I was scuppered.

In the end the item was brought round by a neighbour who found a box in his back garden, he had not signed for it. I can only guess the driver had signed the gadget and tossed the parcel into his garden.

Had it not turned up I don't know how I could have ever got a refund.

^^^^^ Who was the courier? Sounds like Yodel

Craftsman

Incredible and horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Once I was waiting in for a delivery, checked the website and to my surprise the status said delivered having said out for delivery only a few minutes earlier.

I called the courier and they informed me it had been delivered and they had my name and signature as the recipient. I informed them I had not signed for anything.

At that point they pretty much said tough luck.

I spent the rest of the day chasing the issue. EBay said tough as the seller had proof of delivery so no route of recovery there ... The courier company said they wouldn't deal with me that the sender had to make a claim, he wouldn't as he thought I was trying it on and EBay were protecting him anyway.

I was scuppered.

In the end the item was brought round by a neighbour who found a box in his back garden, he had not signed for it. I can only guess the driver had signed the gadget and tossed the parcel into his garden.

Had it not turned up I don't know how I could have ever got a refund.

Why not just have it delivered and signed by any neigbour and leave you a note where it was delivered. Just tossing it over is really upsetting. Glad you found it in the end...

Guillermo

Ahh the joys of tracking cross country incomers...

I'm working in Spain just now. Have 2 incoming pieces.

The first one left Holland on 4th, tracked it perfectly from there via the dutch post (very efficient!) but as soon as it got on the plane to Spain... the fucking pishy cunting gashy wanky Spanish Correos postal service is useless! I've had bother before here, having to go and collect things from random record shops in town because there was no phone number on the parcel... Or they would only hand it over to me in person, which is impossible as they will never get security clearance to approach the boat(I work on a boat) to meet me, it all has to go through the port agent but they can't understand this.

Anyway, it claims to have been delivered today but since the port agents office is now shut, I won't be able to confirm this until tomorrow! Hard work sometimes.

My next incomer will be posted today or tomorrow so fingers crossed we can get it here smoothly.

/rant over
    Last edited by coldors; 11th May 2015 at 18:18.

Tracking the movement of a parcel across thousands of miles over a few days is great.

Checking its progress as it sits for day after day at the UK arrival depot waiting for the tax to be processed is not so great I find.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by torromoto View Post
    Why not just have it delivered and signed by any neigbour and leave you a note where it was delivered. Just tossing it over is really upsetting. Glad you found it in the end...

Guillermo
    The real issue was, had the item not turned up I had nowhere to go for a refund ... It really exposed an issue with the process ...

Blog Entries
    I've always wondered if the tracking system server logs how many times your looked at the status of a parcel

Master
    The real issue was, had the item not turned up I had nowhere to go for a refund ... It really exposed an issue with the process ...
    Ask for a copy of the delivery notice if that ever happens again (fingers crossed it does not). Had this with an inexpensive item and Royal Mail years ago. They were adamant it had been signed for but couldn't locate a copy of the signature......

They agreed that although their system showed it being signed for, as they could not prove that (probably due to the fact the item was never delivered), they would issue a refund.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Ask for a copy of the delivery notice if that ever happens again (fingers crossed it does not). Had this with an inexpensive item and Royal Mail years ago. They were adamant it had been signed for but couldn't locate a copy of the signature......

They agreed that although their system showed it being signed for, as they could not prove that (probably due to the fact the item was never delivered), they would issue a refund.
    I did they showed me the signature they had online as it was one of those where the "recipient" signed their keypad.

As far as they were concerned I had signed and they had proof.

Master
    I did they showed me the signature they had online as it was one of those where the "recipient" signed their keypad.

As far as they were concerned I had signed and they had proof.
    A nicely made up signature that bore no resemblance to yours or any of your neighbours of course. It is damn annoying isn't it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    A nicely made up signature that bore no resemblance to yours or any of your neighbours of course. It is damn annoying isn't it.
    Yep ... Those knackered keypads these guys have are useless for an accurate signature anyway.

Really was looking like it was going to turn into a right epic but fortunately the item turned up.

I am very patient since moving down to Cyprus, sometimes it can take weeks instead of the days I was used to when I was living in DK or UK.

BUT, I have to say DHL express really means business, not sure how they do it, but my latest three purchases that came thru them have all arrived within 48 hours since actual sending, which I find amazing for this remote, supposedly civilized location.

The best was a shipment that came to me from Slovenia, the itinerary was Ljubljana (Slovenia) > Graz (Austria) > Leipzig (Germany) > Athens (Greece) > Larnaca (CY) > Limassol.

Item was dropped off by seller just before 5 PM according to tracking number and was at my office the next day around 4.40PM, minutes before I usually leave work (I use my work address normally), after having arrived on a flight from Athens around 3 PM . I was literally shocked to see the DHL guy .
    And the best part? I had not even had the time to check on its progress, I just had a reminder set for 3 days past (I use memotome a lot ) so I could only see its progress after it arrived to me. There was a tear of joy in my eye that afternoon and a massive smile .

I like DPDs order tracking. It tells you that you're parcel is no xx out of xx and gives you an hour time slot. You can even see your driver's(usually Alan) location on a map.

Sorry, couldn't help myself

Master
    My recent international incoming taught me that a watched parcel never moves!

Craftsman
    This driving me mad already. Now should I take the day off and wait in?

Shipment Progress
    What's This?
    Location Date Local Time Activity
    Stansted, United Kingdom 05/13/2015 4:50 A.M. Departure Scan
    05/13/2015 3:42 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Koeln, Germany 05/13/2015 3:36 A.M. Departure Scan
    Basel, Switzerland 05/12/2015 11:15 P.M. Departure Scan
    05/12/2015 10:30 P.M. Export Scan
    05/12/2015 9:21 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Ruemlang, Switzerland 05/12/2015 8:54 P.M. Departure Scan
    05/12/2015 6:31 P.M. Origin Scan
    05/12/2015 5:26 P.M. Pickup Scan
    Switzerland 05/12/2015 4:11 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

a couple monthes ago i traded a watch with a guy in the US, mine got to him in 3 days, well done ipost parcels!! his took one month!! and it was almost fun watching the tracking progress as it travelled all over the US and Canada several times before it was returned to his home town to then get to me in 3 days

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    a couple monthes ago i traded a watch with a guy in the US, mine got to him in 3 days, well done ipost parcels!! his took one month!! and it was almost fun watching the tracking progress as it travelled all over the US and Canada several times before it was returned to his home town to then get to me in 3 days
    Had similar with a nice incoming from USA, delivered O.k but not to me checked proof of postage with seller one digit wrong on postcode! Located wrong postcode,recipient had returned it to sender,luckily I phoned the u.k depot of parcel post,and caught it before it went back to U S A delivered next day...long time ago..but I still have shivers over it, if the wrong recipient had opened parcel and still be wearing a very nice Bulova Astronaut!!