closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bell & Ross BRS 39mm *Update - replacement arrived*

Bell & Ross BRS 39mm *Update - replacement arrived*

Was on the look out for a new higher end quartz watch, but fed up with the same things over and over again.

Had countless numbers of Seamasters, Aerospace, Hydroconquests etc, had so many over the years that i wanted something different.

Always fancied a square B&R aviator model, but the 42mm just looks too big due to its shape (im not into big watches).

Then i came across their 39mm models, the BR S, which apperently have been out a couple of years now.

I bought one blind today from EJ online, so fingers crossed it suits (im sure it will), actually im quite excited, as this will be my first 'square' B&R

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstor...k+strap+watch/

I can only find one mention of the BR S on the forum

Anyone any experience or thoughts?
    Last edited by Kiki Picasso; 20th June 2015 at 17:55.

No experience although i do think it is a good looking watch congratulations, look forward to seeing how it looks on the wrist

Master
    Blog Entries
    ...no experience either, but it looks really smart and I am also interested in getting a high end quartz. Do let us know how it meets expectations

ATB

Jon

Journeyman
    Great looking watch. Always loved these but the 42 has just looked at bit too big on me. Might have to go and try one of these now.

Craftsman
    Lovely watches. Tried one on laing had the big bell and Ross sale, wears really nice only reason I chose the WW1 was because I thought it needed the minute markers to make it pop but it is one I would like to own some day, maybe the green ceramic for me.

There is a decent review of your watch on the Prodigal guide.com

Master
    I tried on one of the full size ones a year or so ago and nearly fell over from the weight (steel) - and I had just taken off a Panerai!

I have to admit that I've been looking at the B&R stuff again recently - especially the Ceramic and Ti offerings that should be lovely and light.

Nice that the case screws all point towards the centre (at least on the illustrated watch). Looks a good companion.

Had the dispatch email this morning, so hopefully get a wrist shot soon

Craftsman
    I had an all black ceramic BR-S I enjoyed owning it but it never had the wrist presence I wanted. I think the white numerals would sort it. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Looks nice, like the sub dial, but is it really a high end quartz? What's the movement?

I said "higher end", as in higher end of what you would usually pay for a quartz.

Not "High end" as in HEQ

Entirely different old chap

Ah right, my mistake, pity though!

I have no idea what the movement is.

Its probably something like a 4 jewel ronda, and i wont know until two or three years down the line when it comes time to change the battery (ill update you at that point)

But if we worried ourselves about the insignificance of all the movements in our newly purchased quartz watches, we wouldnt buy any quartz

I think 39mm will wear pretty big because it's square. I have a Monaco of the same size and on my 8"+ wrist it looks good, but I struggle with a 40mm round case. These are starting to interest me know. Be good to see a wrist shot when you get it

Master
    I've always liked them......they've expanded the BRS range now too with a heritage (pvd with vintage creme coloured indices).

Well, what can i say... gobsmacked

Remember, i just paid £1450 for this, new from Ernest Jones online.

Received today, but what i received was a watch with a guarantee card dated january this year from a London store.

Watch has been well worn, rubber is bent and marked, bezel is scratched, side of case is scratched, and wait for it...

It doesnt even work!, its broken.

Clearly a used and faulty return they've sent me that should never have been sent out

To say im disappointed in EJ is an understatement.

Ive phoned customer services, and the girl was apologetic, and is organising a replacement delivered to my local store at some point.

Not an ideal experience when parting with your £1450
    Last edited by Kiki Picasso; 2nd June 2015 at 13:02.

Craftsman
    I hope they give you a discount or let you keep the damaged watch or both. Speak to management and let them know how disappointed you are and views of watch forum and so on. I'd be really fed up.

Outrageous!

Precision Time have this piece for £1,189 on 2-4 week delivery according to their website if EJ have blown it for you. I've never dealt with them, though, so this is an observation as opposed to a recommendation.

Edited to include: Or maybe EJ might have the decency to match this price..?
    Last edited by DMC102; 2nd June 2015 at 13:30.

Master
    While it should never have happened, mistakes are sometimes made. The measure of EJ is in how they deal with from here on. I hope they see you right with this in the form of a nice discount or some free goodies.

Journeyman
    Ridiculous. You have more than enough to lever off any discounts or store credit. For sure tell them about other prices and ask it to match them as well.
    They are in the wrong here so you've got nothing to lose and should try to get something out of this. Use that upper hand - Doesn't come often!

Yeah man, go for some compensayshun.

Christ people, they sent out a duff watch in error, they're going to replace it. Not ideal, but this talk of leverage is ridiculous.

Obviously they should replace it with a new (and working!) watch, but I'm not sure it really justifies 'compensation' beyond, perhaps, a spare strap or a bottle of wine.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Yeah man, go for some compensayshun.

Christ people, they sent out a duff watch in error, they're going to replace it. Not ideal, but this talk of leverage is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Obviously they should replace it with a new (and working!) watch, but I'm not sure it really justifies 'compensation' beyond, perhaps, a spare strap or a bottle of wine.

M.
    Indeed. My response wasn't intended as an endorsement of 'compo' culture.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    Indeed. My response wasn't intended as an endorsement of 'compo' culture.
    Indeed, mine was in agreement

M.

Shocking service. How long does it take to give the watch a quick once over with a loupe? Although in this case, they wouldn't have even needed the loupe to see that it was scratched to buggery

As for it not working, again, 10 seconds to check all functions work correctly. I had a similar situation with a Ball Skindiver from EJ a while ago. The first one had a couple of faint marks on the case so I sent it back, but the replacement was even worse. There was no quibbling and a full refund was given so you won't have any worries there.

Still, I can't quite believe they sent it out in that state and with 5 months warranty already expired!!!

Master
    Wasn't even a Friday posting job either, shocking!!

Their stores always seem middle ground to me compared to some others out there, but they should be bending over backwards to help you!

Craftsman
    I would go for everything I could get for such an error which was not of my making. There is the excitement of a watch arriving, the big disappointment that it is not what you expected. Then the crap and hassle of hoping that a transaction you went for will work out. Not right and should be a good reward or refund.

Grand Master
    Sounds like Ernest Jones need to sack another chimpanzee.

Just finished work on an Omega that was 'serviced' several years ago by Ernest Jones,the watch had a screw rolling around inside and several screws had been mixed up.

How to the big names manage to perform so poorly? They're taking the piss out of Joe Public.

Paul

Master
    I'd just demand my money back, every time you look at the watch the memory of being sent that lemon will burn like a thousand suns. Plus it'll give you time to reflect on dropping a bag of sand for a quartz, just saying.
    Last edited by J J Carter; 2nd June 2015 at 21:13.

That's a disgrace! I hope they get it sorted for you. What a bummer....

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Sounds like Ernest Jones need to sack another chimpanzee.

Just finished work on an Omega that was 'serviced' several years ago by Ernest Jones,the watch had a screw rolling around inside and several screws had been mixed up.

How to the big names manage to perform so poorly? They're taking the piss out of Joe Public.

Paul
    So EJ don't send Omegas to Omega then? They have an in-house servicing department? Who knew?

Ah Ernest Jones. My girlfriend had a personnel consultation with a bespoke jewellery maker with them, they designed and made a necklace to her specs. When it arrived it was too short, because it was made up of several parts of chain they took the length of 20" to mean a 20" piece cut and used to make a 16" long chain, when we went to collect and found it was too short and clearly not made to the specs written on the work order, the reaction was "it will cost extra to get it rectified" ? WTF, it was a tough chat that followed. 3 months to make it, paid upfront and got it wrong, another month to fix it, at no point thru the whole process did they contact us with progress updates, we had to keep calling in to the shop and asking. We will never use them again

Just an update - Ernest Jones customer service have been brilliant, and are sorting something out as we speak.

Ill update when this is all sorted

Good news.

If they're offering the bottle of wine suggested elsewhere, I believe Chateau Lafite 1982 is drinking quite well at the moment...

Blog Entries
    So they should be.

What a disgrace, even if this gets sorted, it's not doing your name any good, is it?

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

never had this problem with Argos all my 30 quid Casio's have been mint

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    So EJ don't send Omegas to Omega then? They have an in-house servicing department? Who knew?
    Not sure if this was a misinterpretation but I believe EJ DON'T do Omega servicing themselves, at least when I had my Seamaster done a few years back it was sent to Omega, unless this has changed since and/or I was misled. (but I don't think I'm THAT naïve....)

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeyp View Post
    never had this problem with Argos all my 30 quid Casio's have been mint

**Update two**

Well, The B&R wasnt to be, and i have a new incoming being delivered to my local EJ branch sometime soon hopefully

Completely different from the B&R, no similarities whatsoever.

Its 41mm diameter, automatic, on bracelet, with a domed sapphire.

Any ideas what it may be?

Black bay?

No, but good guess

Journeyman
    Tudor 'Style' then perhaps? A classic simple look-very nice in my opinion. Watch Your Style!

Master
    Blog Entries
    New Oris Diver?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Picasso View Post
    Well, what can i say... gobsmacked

Remember, i just paid £1450 for this, new from Ernest Jones online.

Received today, but what i received was a watch with a guarantee card dated january this year from a London store.

Watch has been well worn, rubber is bent and marked, bezel is scratched, side of case is scratched, and wait for it...

It doesnt even work!, its broken.

Clearly a used and faulty return they've sent me that should never have been sent out

To say im disappointed in EJ is an understatement.

Ive phoned customer services, and the girl was apologetic, and is organising a replacement delivered to my local store at some point.

Not an ideal experience when parting with your £1450
    Sounds more than a little Ripperesque.

It 'is' a Tudor, just not a black bay

Banned
    **Update two**
    Completely different from the B&R, no similarities whatsoever.
    Well done that man!

Master
    It 'is' a Tudor, just not a black bay
    New Tudor Ranger on bracelet ?

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstor...racelet+watch/

Well done Dave, spot on

Ill update once this is all sorted

Not keen on the Tudor Heritage Ranger the bracelet to watch looks incomplete without fitted end links

Master
    Must be honest, I don't think the bracelet suits the watch either......looks much better on leather or a nato / perlon.

In fact, until today, I hadn't realised they even offered it on a bracelet!