closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is my PRS 12 - Speedbird 1903 broken?

Craftsman

Is my PRS 12 - Speedbird 1903 broken?

Does anyone know what the power reserve on the PRS 12 Speedbird 1903 is? I noticed that mine seem to stop running after a few (5-6) hours.

It also makes a loose rattling sound when being shaken... The crown stem appears to be very wobbly after unscrewing the crown.

Is this usual?

The sound and the wobbly stem assembly has been present since day 1, but the power reserve appears to be much longer previously (it used to run off my wrist at least overnight)...

Pls advise as I do like my 1903 very much!!

Seems normal, are you doing less excercise now?

Handwind it for 40 odd turns then wear it for a day.

if you are just sitting at a desk, then you might not be imparting enough movement to the watch to actually wind it

Re: Is my PRS 12 - Speedbird 1903 broken?

Quote Originally Posted by calvinktlim
    It also makes a loose rattling sound when being shaken...
    Quite common for a 7750 ;-)
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Craftsman
    Gents,

Thats a relief to hear...

I take it that the rather wobbly crown stem is normal too?

However I am not doing less exercise nor do I move less than before. In fact, I have been shaking it frantically recently to try charge it up and test the power reserve... 3-5 hours is a little unacceptable to be honest...

Will probably post in a new topic questions re power reserve of different movements and watches...

Remember tht the 7750 only winds in one direction, so if it's "spinning" then it is not winding , just freewheeling.

Journeyman
    My experience is that the 7750 without (the chrono running) has a pretty long power reserve, definitely more than, say, the 2824 or the Seiko 7S26. Unless you achieve similarly short running times for other automatic watches, there must be some problem with your PRS-12 and it needs to see a watchmaker. :(

By the way, here are some power reserve measurements (experimental results rathet than official specs) for several movements:

http://www.pmwf.com/Forum/PowerReser...stsByBrand.pdf

Best wishes,

Pawel

Craftsman
    Ah....

We learn something new everyday... now how do i frantically shake my watch such that it winds in the right direction :P

My rolex explorer runs considerably longer.... the PRS 17C runs forever :P
    the Italian and Bombardier I are both handwind and do not run... Will try to wear my brothers seiko diver over the weekend to see if the PRS 12 runs considerably slower...

I believe the PRS 12 is still under warranty but it would be a nightmare to have to send it back to england...

Journeyman
    If it indeed turns out to be broken and if you decide to have it fixed under warranty rather than by a local watchmaker, then the good news is that the service offered by Zeno (who made the 1903) is extremely good and relatively quick. This is at least my experience. I had some minor issues with my Speedbird 1903 and they were sorted out without any hassle to my full satisfaction. It's such a lovely watch, by the way!

Pawel

Quote Originally Posted by calvinktlim
    Ah....

We learn something new everyday... now how do i frantically shake my watch such that it winds in the right direction :P
    Hand wind using the crown.