closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Sub dilemma ?

Master

Rolex Sub dilemma ?

Hi all, want a Rolex, love the Rolex Sub 114060.... its simple glide lock and new bulky look but my wrist is near 7 3/4" and have only ever worn 45mm+ watches in the past, without becoming a serial pest at my local AD does anyone have advise or comments/photos, I haven't tried a DSSD on but unsure of its height, if only Rolex could make a 44mm sub!!

Regards Adam

Have you actually tried a Sub on, then? I wouldn't worry about being a pest at your AD - that's what they're for. I suspect you'll find you either love the watch or you don't, but a few mm in case size is not going to be the deciding factor.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sea Dweller? Only 40mm but thicker than the sub.

Master
    Yes I've tried the sub on, they didn't have the deepsea in stock, does the 40mm sea dweller have the same glidelock as the sub then?

Quote Originally Posted by adz34 View Post
    Yes I've tried the sub on, they didn't have the deepsea in stock, does the 40mm sea dweller have the same glidelock as the sub then?
    Yes.
    It's just a matter of time...

I felt the sea dweller wore smaller due to the slimmer lugs

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like you like em big!!

I have the DSSD and 114060 with a 7 1/4" wrist, sounds like the DSSD will be right up your street! Give it a try next time shopping!

[QUOTE=adz34;3552942]Hi all, want a Rolex, love the Rolex Sub 114060.... its simple glide lock and new bulky look but my wrist is near 7 3/4" and have only ever worn 45mm+ watches in the past, without becoming a serial pest at my local AD does anyone have advise or comments/photos, I haven't tried a DSSD on but unsure of its height, if only Rolex could make a 44mm sub!!

Regards Adam[/QUOT

I have a 7 3/4" wrist and have a DSSD, as well as a 14060 which has a smaller case than the 114060.

You get used to the size of each quickly and when I flip between the two the 14060 does not feel small, I also have a 16713 and its the same story. - When placed next to the DSSD both looks small but do not wear so.

Whether of relevance the DSSD is difficult to wear under a shirt sleeve, predominately due to its depth.

I wear a Sub C on my 8" wrist, in my opinion it looks fine. I think the thicker lugged case makes it look larger on the wrist compared to earlier Subs.

Hmm. I've had a few Rolex Submariners and Seadwellers (not the new style - I don't like the new case design or ceramic bezel) and I have 8 inch wrists about the same size as yours (I used to wear my sub's wih every link in the bracelet for guidance) They're too small for my taste, my wife even said my sub looked like a girls watch when I used to wear it in rotation with a 44mm Panerai (which looked comparatively the same as a Sub on an average wrist). Lots will tell you they're the holy grail of watches, but I find them a bit 'vanilla' tbh!!

Banned
    Whereas I feel a Sub or SD suits my 8 and a bit inch wrists just fine!

My wrist is around 7.5" and I have the 114060 - I remember trying it on in the AD and walking out feeling really worried it was too small for me and I had all kinds of second thoughts. But a few weeks with it on my wrist my opinion completely changed, and 6 months later I wouldn't go much larger!

My advice would be go watch-free for a week before trying the Sub on, when you take of a 45mm to try on a 40mm it's always going to feel small. Also the maxicase makes the Sub wear larger than 40mm and the SD4000 wears smaller IMO

Craftsman
    7 3/4" wrists! The DSSD was made for you my friend!!! :)

I found the new sdc a bit small similar to my sd,the 114060 was a nice size

Master
    Thanks all for your comments, its looking like a deepsea, better get a few more pennies saved then!

If you're impressed by the glidelock clasp adjustment on the sub, try the micro adjustment on the DSSD clasp, it's amazing.

One of the reasons I'm planning on getting back into a DSSD.