closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: tempur mattresses

tempur mattresses

Anyone splashed out on one of these puppies ? Thoughts , experiences ?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    I've had one of the pillows for a few years and it was ok. But definitely isn't as effective as it was.

A couple of friends had the mattresses and said they were no good

One of these will be my next one;

http://www.vispring.co.uk

My physio raves about his.

I have slept on a Tempur mattress twice, both in hotels.
    I find them too warm, both times have been woken by a raging headache.

Craftsman
    We have one - and the pillows.

The pillows are pretty firm until they are warm - once warmed up they work wonderfully for me - and I am pretty fussy about the feel of pillows.

The mattress is one of their most expensive ones. We've owned it for about a year and are extremely pleased with it. Yes, it does get warm but you can always throw off the top covers.

I just asked my wife if, were we to have the opportunity again, would she still buy both. The answer was yes and, if I am totally honest, I would agree with that sentiment.

I bought this a few months ago and I've never slept better!!

Sleep all the way through now!!

http://loaf.com/products/muffin-top-mattress

Craftsman
    I had one when I was married. I have some musclo-skeletal conditions and found the matress was perfect for me. They take some getting used to mind, and they're not for everyone.

They can make you hot, but it was never a problem for me as I tend to kick the covers off anyway. They feel like you're floating, at first they just feel "wrong" and spongy but after a few seconds you don't feel like you're lying on anything at all.

When I tried it out, the salesperson put a big remote control on the matress and asked me to lie on top of it. I couldn't feel it.

Would I have another one? Yes. But my divorce left me skint and these are not cheap, despite getting the VAT off as a qualifier. I have a cheaper memory foam matress, not as good, but I am a convert.

We don't have the mattress, but we do have the pillows which we think are excellent and have definitely improved our sleep.

I started this thread in Jan, might be worth a read

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=Tempur

6 months later and worth every penny (and it was quite a few of them)

Master
    Go for the cloud or comfort, rather than the original. Same for the pillows. I decided to take a punt on one after comments on here a while back. We went for the softest one - the cloud - and it is very comfy and not that warm, and that's from someone who was always too warm at night.

Craftsman
    I hate them.
    The in-laws have one in the spare room and I actually groan when after a 4 hour drive on a friday night after work I go to go to bed and remember that abomination of a sleeping surface.
    It's only there because they bought it for themselves and hated it!!

J

Craftsman
    Bought a Tempur mattress and pillows about 7-8 years ago, we both took to it the very first night. We both sleep much better, far less tossing/turning to find a comfortable spot before we drift off and less movement during the night. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    We have these tempurs for 10 yrs now. Wouldn't chance them for anything else. Remember: you can choose the density that suits you: length, weight, personal preference.

Menno

my mum has one in the spare bedroom when we go over.
    They are ok but I get very hot when using it so wouldn't buy one myself. But then I tend to run hot anyway but can see that other people have said the same.

Just got one from M and S.I would highly recommend them.Very comfy.My dad suffers from Arthritis and it has helped his condition no end.

Two people I've worked with tried them and hated them as they were too hot, which seems to be a common problem. They advertise some new cool layer now, perhaps that is better. Look for one with that option.

Master
    We have one, and the heat is a bind, but it really is a much better nights sleep. I am a restless sleeper, but here on the tempur I do not wake up my wife, but in Turkey where we do not have one I keep waking up my wife. We have the super king (6 foot) bought from Warren Evans. Overall, I think it is a good buy, but not for everyone.

Dave
    Id echo what has been said earlier; whilst I have the pillow to alleviate the neck problems from a bike crash but I was warned off the mattress as its simply too hot.
    Aldiss & Betty's @ Fakenham have all the range to try out & often have some good deals...
    TT

Master
    I sleep on one at a friend's house occasionally and I personally find it way too hot. Some do, some don't. After having a ViSpring for nearly 20 years, when it came time for a change, I bought another. They are great beds and unlike so many things, don't seem to have diminished in quality over the years.

Journeyman
    What are the pillows like? I like quite a firm pillow and tend to sleep with one arm under it as well, so they get mashed from top and bottom. Suffer with allergies so can't go down the feather route. I'm sick of replacing pillows from the supermarket etc. every couple of months when they lose their shape and density. Wonder how these stack up to use?

Their pillows are fab & maintain their shape despite repeated use...
    TT

Quote Originally Posted by TooTall View Post
    Their pillows are fab & maintain their shape despite repeated use...
    TT
    +1. I love my pillow or 'the stone' as everyone else calls it.

Master
    We invested in a super king tempur 12 months ago, bloody brilliant.

Comments regarding how warm you can get are true, just use a lower tog duvet.... Fairly simple really!

Paul

My wife and I tried a Tempur and returned it because we found an almost identical product for a third of the price. I can't remember the name of the company but will post here when I find out...

Memory foam mattresses are brilliant. I've never slept more comfortably and the only disadvantage is that when I'm working away, I never sleep as well.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I wasn't sure about changing from a mattress that I was very comfortable in, over to a new one. But, my wife really disliked the extra-firm one we had, and so we went. I tried dozens and dozens, looked for months. The one we both liked was a Simmons, ComforPedic Phenom. It has a very plush top, but firms right up when you put real weight on it, its perfect.

It is such a big change from a traditional innerspring mattress that a few makes have a trial program, that may be worth taking advantage of. Tempur has one for 90 days, http://www.tempurpedic.com/shopping-...ght-tryout.asp.

Craftsman
    I've had one for 8 years and take it for granted, until you visit a friend or stay in a hotel with a sprung mattress I struggle to get off to sleep and in the morning my back is in tatters, the pillows are great to, heavy but comfortable,
    I would recommend that you take up their 90 day trial..

Mark

Master
    Somewhere around 11 years now and can't see a return to sprung matresses. The only problem is when we go away the beds aren't as comfortable.

Oh, and you don't get the same "spring back" effect when "in flagrente delicto" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I did but luckily it washed off ok.....

Master
    I'm sweating just reading this thread. We had a memory foam mattress for a few months and I found it unbearably hot.

Master
    We tried a Tempur and didn't like it and got one from Mammoth instead.

We love our Tempur mattress but echo what everyone else has said about the heat,. We found that good quality cotton sheets (200 thread count but no higher) and, following on from a recommendation on here, a wool duvet really helped.
    For me though it's the shaped Tempur pillow that I couldn't do without.

Before purchasing a mattress, I would give these guys a go. Great to deal with and really know their stuff.

http://www.factory-beds-direct.co.uk/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    We tried a Tempur and didn't like it and got one from Mammoth instead.
    Yet another company (part of Dreams?) providing nothing of substance, and using appeals to authority to sell their product.

Master
    Yet another company (part of Dreams?) providing nothing of substance, and using appeals to authority to sell their product.
    Who cares? We find it more comfortable than the Tempur we tried and sent back.

Hello

Not got the mattress but Bedeck do a reasonably priced and extremely comfortable memory pillow,