closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speed Bird III cues

Journeyman

Speed Bird III cues

Can we take some cues from the MK XVI for the next production in line i.e. the speed bird III?

Like a more chunky crown, thicker stem to the movement? polish finish for crown and parts of the bezel and case?

see the pic for a better explanation.

I strap it on a speed bird strap for a more realistic real time photoshop to SB III :wink:

Craftsman

Re: Speed Bird III cues

[quote="jamjeow"]Can we take some cues from the MK XVI for the next production in line i.e. the speed bird III?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh my dear god, Please noooooooo.........

Its supposed to be MK11 Homage, not a popularist reproduction of a modern........ oops, disapeared up my own arse again

The font of the SB3 is already close to the Mark XV instead of the mark11 type font. Considering this and it's bigger size, I really don't think it needs to be any more modern.

Of course everything is a matter of personal taste. My objection to the Mk XVI is that it's a mish-mash of different design elements. The "set of balls" around the 12 marker and the hands make me think of a B-uhr. It actually looks like IWC tried to create a smaller version of their Big Pilot but in a Mk XV case. They're entitled to do whatever they want with their designs. I just think that the SB3 design runs much truer to the original MK XI (setting aside the difference in font) and that's what I, personally, am looking for.

Rick

Craftsman
    Sorry but i wouldnt buy that... It just looks a little wrong somewhat...

The one in the picture originally posted in the SB3 thread... I'll buy in a heartbeat...

Shoot that feccin thing and put me outta my misery.

Just buy a Mk XVI, mate!

I'm afraid I agree.

Mk XVI should be called the Baby Pilot.

IMHO the IWC Pilot watches jumped the shark with the Mk XV and have completely lost the plot with the XVI.

The Mks XI & XII were close to perfection.