closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: De Bethune

Master

De Bethune

Seriously awesome watches. Tried a few in at Salon QP a few years ago and spoke with their European CEO (I think).

At the very bottom of the wish list because the cheapest I tried on was £60k and another was over £200k

I think they're the best looking watches out there at the mo.

Blog Entries
    My local dealer has sold a few over the years, really awesome to see in the flesh.

Also much to expensive for me.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Is that an annual calendar on the left? That looks nice.

The new Maxichrono (with or without tourbillon) is astounding. The Digitale's are fantastic too...

Actually. They all are.

The "moon" on the one on the left is actually a rotating sphere isn't it?
    I love the 3 dimensional aspect of that feature - puts me in mind of Christiaan Van Der Klaauws "real moon 1980".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    The new Maxichrono (with or without tourbillon) is astounding. The Digitale's are fantastic too...

Actually. They all are.
    Absolutely.
    DB offer a formidable synthesis of the watchmaker's art & design excellence.

I've never seen one in the flesh but they're really intriguing watches. Not sure I'd ever dare wear one out though, they're not discreet!!

Tried on DB25 and it's beautiful (so is the price tag)!

I'm contemplating of ordering another De Bethune piece which caught my eyes...my 40th birthday coming...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    I'm contemplating of ordering another De Bethune piece which caught my eyes...
    Which one are you considering?

I want the one with the custom painted starry night sky with the dead-seconds complication, silicon escapement, and ultra lightweight titanium tourbillon with 8 day power reserve...

Sadly it's £80k

Quote Originally Posted by spluurfg View Post
    I want the one with the custom painted starry night sky with the dead-seconds complication, silicon escapement, and ultra lightweight titanium tourbillon with 8 day power reserve...

Sadly it's £80k
    DB25T?

De Bethune DB25T by Noodlefish, on Flickr

(desaturated it, as couldn't capture the stonkingly beautiful dial, and therefore didn't bother with colour)

DB25T?
    Yes, that one! More money than I can dream of spending on a watch, but if I had the kind of money to spend on a super-watch, that'd be it.

Quote Originally Posted by spluurfg View Post
    Yes, that one! More money than I can dream of spending on a watch, but if I had the kind of money to spend on a super-watch, that'd be it.
    Superb thing. I'm also partial to the DW5 which takes De Bethune’s mantra of “not doing more – doing better” to new heights: the simple, polished titanium curves so casually shaped around the hand-wound DB2144 calibre; that small window exposing the deceptively straightforward jumping hour complication and analogue minute displays; while another central sphere of titanium and blued-steel indicates the moon-phase; I even like the cabochon-cut ruby cap on the crown. The sleek lines remind me of the Jean Andreau-designed, Saoutchik-built 1938 Hispano-Suiza H6C “Xenia”. Probably.
    While the uncharitable may point out the not inconsiderable similarities between the DW5 and the Hamilton Ventura, the photos I have seen so far are stunning; on the wrist, it almost looks like a piece of jewellery – but then, don’t so many De Bethunes?

Probably my favorite brand of all. I had the opportunity to see some in the metal at Baselworld last month and all I can say is that they look even more awesome in person. Their catalog is impressive too, with a lot of history and some great pics.

Here there are some pictures I took while in Basel.

Strangely enough i was searching for some info on these over the weekend.

I think that they are amazing watches and have kinda fallen for the DB27, love the others as well but not the prices :) not that the 27 is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    Which one are you considering?
    DB27...the entry level piece. The AD has a piece in their safe. I'm still concerned if they close down then i'm going to have problem getting it serviced and the watch is practically worthless if I want to sell it. That's the thing holding me back.

DB25T?

(desaturated it, as couldn't capture the stonkingly beautiful dial, and therefore didn't bother with colour)
    I agree that it's a fantastic watch. The depth, as well as the colour of the dial is beautiful. I also like the way the tourb isn't visible from the front. A true grail for me.

Master
    They are items of beauty. And what is really nice is that none of them look like Ebay specials as many a high end piece can.

I don't ever foresee a time when I spend that kind of money on a watch, but if I ever did, they would be on the to try list (especially the 25T).

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    I agree that it's a fantastic watch. The depth, as well as the colour of the dial is beautiful. I also like the way the tourb isn't visible from the front. A true grail for me.

Good Lord! That one is going on the "When I win the lottery..." wishlist :)

Seriously attractive watches albeit at a serious price. Fortunately with cases between 42.6 and 46mm they are too big for my wrist.

Just seen these beauties (entry level DB25), Midnight Blue and White Night, at ABlogToWatch.com :

Last edited by WatchIng; 16th July 2015 at 12:20.

Saw them too, both absolutely gorgeous with a small preference to the one without the numbers.