closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Premier League 2015/16. Bets and predictions?

Master

Premier League 2015/16. Bets and predictions?

One of the few vices I allow myself these days is a pre-season bet on the football.
    Just had a tenner on Liverpool to win the league with a 16 point handicap (15/1), same on City being first to sack their manager (10/1) and a tenner on Liverpools Benteke being top scorer at the end of the season (16/1).

Looking at the signings I fancy Man City for the league, but the odds are too low to make it worth having a small bet and I've given up betting large amounts. Chelsea are favourites, but look at the goalscoring stats for last season we put ten more in the net (conceding six more than them) so attack is excellent, just our defence that disappoints. Joe Hart back to fitness and Kompany holding the back 4 together and we might have half a chance.

Anyone care to share their tips, and predictions?

I would say either Arsenal or Liverpool for the title this season. Both are long overdue.

Arsenal though, are lacking in firepower up front and don't seem to be making any significant moves in the transfer market to bolster their squad. Injuries to their key players will see them falter. Liverpool have built up a good squad of players and they did it early in the transfer window, hopefully allowing them adequate time to gel. The problem with Balotelli last season was that he was signed too late and was more of a distress purchase. Like when you go to the 24 hour garage to buy flowers for SWMBO's birthday and end up with a gallon of Castrol and some spark plugs instead.

Man City have a formidable attack and will probably play with three up front from the start. Chelsea shouldn't be discounted either.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    City being first to sack their manager (10/1)
    Have you put this bet on today? I hope you waited until after he signed a new contract this morning... You can now get him at 16-1!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33820143

Personally I can't see past Chelsea for the league again. Mourinho is worth 15 points alone. They'll spend again before the window is out and Zouma looks a sensational backup for Terry IF he can't do what he did last season again.

I'm a bit biased but Watford to stay up is a very good bet (we're favourites to go down but if you really look into how the owners work the club is in a sensational position to stay up and maybe even fairly comfortably). I think Bournemouth may struggle long term, though I think they'll start well, so have had a nibble at us and Norwich of the two promoted sides staying up.

Leicester to be relegated at 3/1 is a decent bet I think - and Sunderland can't keep avoiding the drop every year (see Wigan), but they may be too short odds to bother.

As for top scorer I think Kane has a chance if he doesn't burn out (Spurs will only have 1 striker at the start of the season if they sell Soldado and don't buy)!

I like Benteke but when Sturridge comes back is he gonna play up top? It'd be a change of system for Liverpool to have two out and out strikers and I can't see Sturridge on the wing. For something a little longer, how about Walcott? He may well get a chance as the central striker for Arsenal this season...33/1 at the moment.

As for next manager out, bear in mind that last season we reached Christmas before a manager was sacked. Clubs are wising up that keeping hold of the boss can be beneficial. Roberto Martinez must be under pressure but Kenwright will keep hold of a manager unless things get genuinely desperate so I can't see him going. Sunderland are fans of changing boss but late on, so maybe Advocaat won't see the season out but he probably won't be first. Could Ranieri be a disaster? I think he might be - he's a decent bet at 9-1. Villa may be woeful again under Sherwood, who I think will be useless. He's 10-1. And Spurs are always worth keeping an eye on. Pochettino is long at 20-1!

Finally, how about a "winner without top 6" bet? (I.E. Best of the rest...) Palace under Pardew are sure to do well this season, and so are Stoke who continue to improve. They can be had in this market at 14-1 and 10-1 respectively.

Just my thunks!

Toby

I may peruse the odds later. I like Benteke for top scorer at 16/1...

Championship betting

Just as an aside sky bet are lying first 4 each way in the real league to fight in

33/1 the tricky trees forest was good for me