closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Info Omega Seamaster Titane

Info Omega Seamaster Titane

I received this watch a long time ago as a gift. I wore it for a while, but for some reason it never suited me.

I could not find anything out about it. However, I am interested in Trading it for a PRS-14.

I don't know the value - but someone told me about $500-$1000 US. I don't know if that is right or not.

I haven't had it on in years, needs a new battery, and good cleaning.

However I have not been able to find out anything about it's value. So before I post it for a trade, I would like to know what I am dealing with.

Here is a picture of it (note: not mine but the same watch).

Grand Master
    Hi,
    I can`t claim to be an expert on the Titane, but I know it was a popular model in the 80s. They are quite rare in the UK but crop up often on German eBay so I guess they were popular there. The value of yours depends on the condition; it is well worth getting a battery in it to prove it works! Have a look on eBay to see what they are fetching if you want to sell it. The style is unusual and is very much a matter of taste. Personally, I like them and I`d consider buying one at some time to add to my Omega collection.

cheers,

Paul

This is a watch from the so called Omega Seamaster Polaris range.
    Most of them are waterproof to 120 meters (if the rubber rings are all OK and the watch has been pressure tested).

These watches were amongst the first Omega's to be made in titanium.
    There have been versions in steel with gold, steel with palladium, titanium with gold and titanium with palladium.

The movement is a fairly common ETA-movement.

The watch has also been produced with a VJ 7750 mov't, a multifunction mov't and a day-date mov't.

Most of these watches have a band with gold capped middle links or all steel/titanium middle links. The massive gold middle links are quite rare.

Please tell me I am wrong but I don't think they are worth more than 200-300 GBP ... :(

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    Please tell me I am wrong but I don't think they are worth more than 200-300 GBP ... :(

john
    Only the multifunction, the 7750 VJ chrono and the version with massive gold middle links will fetch more.

Usually, on the bay, these go for approx. 250 Euro's...

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

Usually, on the bay, these go for approx. 250 Euro's...
    Thanx for that, I was being generous. Two-tone never managed to make a come-back and titanium became very cheap once those Ti Russian submarines were decommissioned.

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Thanks

Thanks for all the information.

I just dropped mine off at a watch store to have cleaned and the battery replaced.

I will post it for sale / trade once I get it back or offer it on Ebay.

Thanks again for the information.
    I asked the watch store to also provide me with any details about the particular version I have.

It was a gift and I would really rather have something else.

Grand Master
    If you clean the watch up and provide a good set of photos I might be interested in buying it. I`m a fan of two-tone Omegas.

Cheers,

Paul

Re: Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish42
    Thanks for all the information.

I just dropped mine off at a watch store to have cleaned and the battery replaced.

I will post it for sale / trade once I get it back or offer it on Ebay.

Thanks again for the information.
    I asked the watch store to also provide me with any details about the particular version I have.

It was a gift and I would really rather have something else.
    If you would like to have the WR restored, the watch should be send to the Omega service centre.

The movement in your watch is probably a 7 jewel Eta mov't, with an Omega symbol printed on it. Nothing fancy.

Here's an original advert from my collection.

Cheers,
    Neil.