closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Incoming: Snoopy Time

Blog Entries

New Incoming: Snoopy Time

No unfortunately not the new one, but since we are on the dawn on seeing the latest incarnation of the Snoopy Speedmaster released into the wild I thought it a good time to pick up one of the old versions. Introduced at Basel in 2003, the reference 3578.51 was originally an incredibly poor seller, sitting in shop windows gathering dust and often changing hands for a fraction of the RRP. It's hard to imagine it now, given how sought after these have become over the years amongst collectors and fans. It is for all intents and purposes a standard Speedie 3570.50 but with a Snoopy patch on the dial, updated caseback and different packaging. Inside it still runs an 1861 cal manual wind chronograph movement and sports a hesalite crystal - thankfully.

1 of only 3 of the many limited edition Speedmaster's that I like (Alaska and Souyez being the other 2), i've had my eye out for one of these for ages. When this one popped up on Chrono24 at a frankly daft price I jumped on it quickly. In fact I cringe just thinking about that deal, sending money abroad with no cover, to a no name establishment for a highly sought after watch at an unbelievable price what could possibly go wrong? Anyways, they came through, I got this checked out by Omega who gave it the stamp of approval, and the rest is history.

The only thing left to do is add the latest version to collection when they finally arrive.

Congrats. Great pictures. I particularly like the close up of the crystal in pic 2.

Great pic's

Coincidentally my wife bought me a new speedy when these were in the AD's and she was offered one. She told the shop that I would not wear it, she was right and when she told me about this later on I agreed with her.

I look at them now and while I can appreciate them for their rarity I still don't think I would wear one or at least not on a regular basis. I do have to admit I would like to own one though even if it for the rarity "value" of the piece.

The local AD has a small collection of Omega pieces, including the Snoopy and lets me have a look and handle of them occasionally. It is a lovely looking watch, just not for me for everyday, or even occasional, wear.

I hope you will be wearing it... and even if not it is nice to see it will be owned by someone who appreciates it.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    It is for all intents and purposes a standard Speedie 3570.50 but with a Snoopy patch on the dial, updated caseback and different packaging. Inside it still runs an 1861 cal manual wind chronograph movement and sports a hesalite crystal - thankfully.
    Agree, that's why I bought one, I thought about buying the standard Speedmaster Professional; the next best thing is a Speedmaster Professional that stays true to the original design but with a mission patch or Snoopy, IMO.

1 of only 3 of the many limited edition Speedmaster's that I like (Alaska and Souyez being the other 2)
    Currently have the Snoopy and Soyuz, I've seen a few Alaska projects at dealers but I was never quite convinced, maybe it's the white dial, while the white dial is different it takes a bit of getting used to, maybe that is one of the reasons (and the cost) putting me off the new Snoopy, still, probably too late to board that ship not but I've seen something else I want.

i've had my eye out for one of these for ages. When this one popped up on Chrono24 at a frankly daft price I jumped on it quickly.
    Bought my Snoopy two years ago, they don't come up often and when they do it's for silly (read expensive!) prices so good on ya! However I concur it does sound like it was a huge risk, good job it's paid off.

Congratulations enjoy your Snoopy, it's one of my favorite watches, I can't see me selling mine anytime soon. Thanks for the pictures.
    Last edited by christech81; 13th September 2015 at 12:57.

Master
    Nice one mate, I really love that edition

Journeyman
    Nice watch for the collection, what did you use to take the photos ?

Very nice watch..

Love them Omega Speedmaster with Snoopy on it..

Very nice. I prefer this version to the new snoopy white dial, which is about to be released.

Good pick up.

I am guessing the current TinTin version that hasn't sold all that well will be sought after in 10 years and, like this one, highly sought after in 30 years.
    Last edited by Saxon007; 15th September 2015 at 03:56.

Craftsman
    Cracking watch and great pictures, the 'snoopy' version seems to divide opinion though. The purists don't seem to like it, but i love it. I'd take one over a LE Bond watch any day of the week.

I'm looking for the tintin version - anyone can point one to me?

Bizarrely I had no interest in them at all, seemingly like most people, when they were available at easy money.

They looks absolutely fantastic now, well done on being brave and taking a risk - they do pay off!

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Congratulations.

Craftsman
    I do love that.

I was a big Snoopy fan when I was a kid and I always thought it was the one I would pick up.

However, I saw a Tintin for the first time yesterday and was really knocked out by it.

Put them side by side and it would be a hard choice!

Master
    That is gorgeous, I am on the hunt for one for the right price it's the only speedy I actually think I like part from the dark side of the moon. Great catch, I will have to restart my search for one.

Ah that snoopy is just breathtaking. Last one I saw for sale was £5k a little while back.

Mine says hi

bought this back in 2006, always worn on a mesh, bracelet still in the box.

Of the limited editions since then, only the Alaska has spoken to me!

Great photography to OP!

Very nice.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Indeed, turned down a pre-owned at a dealer's not a million years ago, don't think you can pick them up at around £900 any more - oops.

Congrats OP, very jealous.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    That is gorgeous, I am on the hunt for one for the right price it's the only speedy I actually think I like part from the dark side of the moon. Great catch, I will have to restart my search for one.
    https://www.chronext.co.uk/omega/spe...5785100/C53104

£6180 (although I've noticed prices have fluctuated up & down over the last 6 weeks on their watches, depending presumably on the exchange rate)

This is nice, came across it last night and a lot cheaper than the Chronext one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1918005216...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The eBay and Chronext ones expensive, dare I say overpriced? I doubt that the list price will be the selling price.

The original Snoopy is a very good choice though, stock Speedmaster Professional bar the patch.

Craftsman
    One of my favourite

Craftsman
    Love that, very nice indeed

Yeah nice indeed- I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one.

So much nicer than the new try-too-hard effort IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by turnera1 View Post
    Yeah nice indeed- I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one.
    Well, shooting one would certainly help their rarity...

Congratulations, very nice watch!