closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn 556I

Journeyman

Sinn 556I

Just Arrived this morning I am Very happy with It my First real Watch

Think I Will take Sinn Strap off and use another Strap to keep Sinn Strap perfect

Thanks to Member SIB for a great Deal

Mylesm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master
    A classic, enjoy.

"Think I Will take Sinn Strap off and use another Strap to keep Sinn Strap perfect"...methinks you're going to flip it.

Master
    Love mine. I sold one on SC fairly recently and realised I shouldn't have done so bought another - ended up with leather and the bracelet so best of both worlds.

The leather straps aren't that expensive. If you want a non Sinn replacement however, from what I can tell Rios supply the Sinn leather strap (I have both the Sinn and Rios branded versions and they are identical):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-LE...item566999e374

Journeyman

Congrats

...great watch, enjoy it. I used to have a 656 ... until I sent it to the watchmaker via Royal Mail.Grrrrr...r.r..r

_Tom

Quote Originally Posted by giuliasuper View Post
    ...great watch, enjoy it. I used to have a 656 ... until I sent it to the watchmaker via Royal Mail.Grrrrr...r.r..r

_Tom
    What happened?

Journeyman

sorry to derail the original thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    What happened?
    The crown tube was stripped, so I sent it to be repaired. There was a mixup here at work - it was meant to go special delivery and didn't. Royal Mail "lost" it, and I learned my lesson. Buy hey, they gave me a book of stamps as compensation! Thanks for that guys. Still got the Sinn box somewhere...

-Tom

Quote Originally Posted by giuliasuper View Post
    The crown tube was stripped, so I sent it to be repaired. There was a mixup here at work - it was meant to go special delivery and didn't. Royal Mail "lost" it, and I learned my lesson. Buy hey, they gave me a book of stamps as compensation! Thanks for that guys. Still got the Sinn box somewhere...

-Tom
    That's harsh, and one reason why I always take my parcels to the local PO myself.

Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Love mine. I sold one on SC fairly recently and realised I shouldn't have done so bought another - ended up with leather and the bracelet so best of both worlds.

The leather straps aren't that expensive. If you want a non Sinn replacement however, from what I can tell Rios supply the Sinn leather strap (I have both the Sinn and Rios branded versions and they are identical):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-LE...item566999e374
    Based on the similarity of the Sinn Integrated strap:

...to the Di-Modell Chronissimo:

...that's another maker you could look at (link). I have previously bought them from www.ukwatchstrap.co.uk and found Di-Modell straps flexible and comfortable. The OP could swap over the Sinn buckle and still maintain the strap in good condition.
    Last edited by PickleB; 15th September 2015 at 13:42. Reason: amend "would swap" to "could swap"

The trouble with the 556i is... You know, when you wear it, it's just that... The problem with the 556i's dial is that...

OK, so there's nothing wrong with it all! It's a classic, understated, high-quality watch. Reliable movement, glossy dial, extreme legibility, 200m WR.

And I recently sold mine for some reason...

Enjoy. I'd suggest you wear the Sinn strap--that's why they sell the watch with one. You can always buy another if it wears out!

Craftsman
    Welcome to the club, I have a 556A and I love it. Mine came from SC without original Sinn strap, this thread has kickstarted me into sourcing one. Thanks

Master
    Lovely watch that works great an a green NATO.

Another on my list of things that I shouldnt have moved on....