closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is it safe to buy from Russia on chrono24

Is it safe to buy from Russia on chrono24

Seeking a bit of advice, I have used chrono24 a couple of times with good results, have seen a couple I am keen on in Russia that are quite a bit cheaper than everywhere else, has anyone dealt with a Russian or Romanian supplier? Or am I best to stick with eu suppliers

Is it safe to buy from Russia on chrono24

I've No experience buying and selling watches from Russia but electronics I have and id treat it same as Italy , very risky IMO ,

make sure you have fully insured carriage on the item until arrives at your door as missing, damaged and stolen items pretty common like Italy.

Sure there will be a few on here with more specific advice though and the usual buy the dealer and do some research on them etc

Romania is in eu!

Wouldn't buy from Russia though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Seeking a bit of advice, I have used chrono24 a couple of times with good results, have seen a couple I am keen on in Russia that are quite a bit cheaper than everywhere else, has anyone dealt with a Russian or Romanian supplier? Or am I best to stick with eu suppliers
    Buying from Russia means you need to add taxes on all prices.
    After that the price difference is quite a bit smaller.
    Wouldn't risk it myself.

Dunno about Chrono 24 but I've bought stuff - watches and cameras - from Russian ebay sellers and never had a problem.

Craftsman
    No experience but personally I wouldnt risk it,

Master
    Is the saving worth the risk?

Master
    I can't comment on buying from Russia, but I send stuff to Russia regularly, and it's the third most corrupt postal system in the world behind Brazil and Italy in my experience. If the seller is using a courier you have a better chance at least.

You have to ask yourself what would your chances of a successful resolution be if anything goes wrong - like others here I would stick to countries and sellers that you have trust in.

Master
    I've bought stuff from Meranom before, who are based in Russia, and that was fine. Have also sent, and that was ok too. Not sure I'd buy from Chrono24 from there, though.

I've bought loads from Russia and never had a problem, though all of it was from eBay or Meranom. I'd certainly be wary of buying through Chrono24 - it might be worth checking if the seller has an eBay shop (quite a few do) and buy there for added protection.

Thanks for the comments guys, I've seen watches for sale on watchrecon that are very cheap from Eastern European locations, and always wondered.
    Saw a Panerai on chrono24 very keen price, but I had forgotten about the vat, but it's still cheapest.
    I suppose my gut instinct is NO, but thought I would sound out the forum, with mixed reactions, think I might do some homework.
    As to Romania i didn't realise they were in the eu

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the comments guys, I've seen watches for sale on watchrecon that are very cheap from Eastern European locations, and always wondered.
    Saw a Panerai on chrono24 very keen price, but I had forgotten about the vat, but it's still cheapest.
    I suppose my gut instinct is NO, but thought I would sound out the forum, with mixed reactions, think I might do some homework.
    As to Romania i didn't realise they were in the eu
    When you buy within the EU you at least have some legal rights also, if something goes wrong...

Master
    Blog Entries
    I lived in Russia for nearly a year, and would urge you not to buy from this area.

Master
    Why risk it? I would never do business with Russian watchdealers. The risk of buying a stolen watch, not recieving the item or buying one of Putin's old watches would be too great for me. Trusted seller on Chrono24 means nothing.

Journeyman
    This has probably been asked before but what about buying from Germany on chrono 24?