closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which VPN Provider?

Which VPN Provider?

I seem to recall a couple of discussions in the past but couldn't find them. Does anyone have any suggestions/experiences?

Craftsman
    I use Private Internet Access https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ and the app is great on iOS devices, and I've also used the app on Windows and OSX. Works pretty well but speeds are not wonderful. It's fine for normal browsing and even for Netflix access. One advantage is that you can use it on two (I think) devices at the same time, and you have options of connecting to lots of different countries. I use mine mainly for Netflix access in the US or Germany.

If you want to download large files or do anything more than the basics you may need to investigate something with more speed. Other than that I can't find anything with it I don't really like.

I used tunnel bear recently to bypass Sky's foreign embargo and found it particularly good

I used strongvpn for a few years while out of the UK, good service but they share information on their users. I switched to pure VPN recently and find the speeds good, but overall find I need to refresh the connection more than with strong. But the benefit is they apparently do not share your information and usage details.

Quote Originally Posted by zoiksy View Post
    I used strongvpn for a few years while out of the UK, good service but they share information on their users. I switched to pure VPN recently and find the speeds good, but overall find I need to refresh the connection more than with strong. But the benefit is they apparently do not share your information and usage details.
    Would you be able to elaborate on the info sharing by StrongVPN? I ask as I use StrongVPN and find it very good though info sharing concerns me.

I used ibVPN in the past to watch UK TV and found it very efficient. It was possible to pay a month at a time so I only used it during the F1 season when the BBC still had the rights to the entire season.

I mean more from a "what you downloaded" perspective, I. E. Do you download illegally etc. They have a "no torrenting" policy I believe which hasn't caused me issues until my return to the UK became closer. Hence the move to pure VPN who apparently do not care too much of what you do as long as you pay. At least this is from reading a few reviews/reports online some time ago when I was making the switch.

Sorry, I understand that information sharing has other connotations to it these days. I used them for over 3 years without any concerns or issues. Hope this has allayed any fears I instilled with my last post.

Master
    Still using HMA (hide my ass). Works really well and a good recent upgrade.

I use Tunnelbear. Works well and pricing is reasonable.

Witopia for me.

another vote for PrivateInternetAccess (PIA) works great only thing they need is a New Zealand server and they would be only one i use as need that for premier league pass, pure and vypr seem get very good praise also

Another vote for HMA, use it for work and really cheap

I used Astrill (multi connections) out of China all throughout last year, but it has been hit very hard by the Chinese government and now infrequently works.

Whist I'm waiting for them to patch it I'm using Betternet. It's free and connects almost every time, but it hits your bandwidth pretty hard