closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone managed to win over an ex girlfriend before?

My solicitor told me during my divorce (25 years ago ) that when a woman parts with a man it's like a monkey coming down a tree ,
    "They never let go of one branch until they've got hold of the next one "
    Yep, there is always someone else in the picture my friend and you will always be the last to know ,now pick yourself up buddy and move on .

Master
    Have I somehow found the Agony Aunt section of TZ. I was polite earlier but just think it comes down to
    1. Man up
    2. Find another attractive young lady
    3. See if she'll let you **** her.

If not then start at Step 2 again.

^ No no no, you got it all wrong:-

1. Bridget Jones Diaries on DVD
    2. Tube of Ben&Jerry Double Choc and Fudge Ice cream
    3. Cry yourself to sleep

50 odd replies in the last six hours and they're all saying the same thing, can you take the hint?

Most of us have been where you are now, turn the page and start the next chapter of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    50 odd replies in the last six hours and no one yet asked for her pix.
    Fixed that for ya

In true Del Boy style, you go up to her, you look her in the eye and you say "You're givin' me the hump. Go and haunt someone else for a change."

It'll make you feel better.

OP
    Its sh*t when this happens, but we have all been there and the chances are a few of us will be there more than once in our lives... however when it happens the only thing you can do is suck it up and get on with life.

Stop contacting her she is not interested, a snivelling, grovelling ex tends not to be the most attractive option in any case.

Delete her number to avoid the temptation of a random text or call when p1ssed, get a couple of mates, go to the pub, hit a club after 6/8 pints and get back up on the horse as it were.

There are plenty of fish in the sea, enjoy being single and in a few weeks / months you will wonder why you were so cut up about this.

Best of luck

Craftsman
    This is the worst possible place to ask for relationship advice believe me. Mostly middle aged male chauvinist pigs; why not ask her what she expected from the relationship (ask in a civilised manner) Give her some space it could be thats all she needs.

Good luck and I wish you all the best

Journeyman
    Thanks everyone, I wasn't expecting anywhere near that many replies.

Bit sad to admit, but this is my first proper relationship so it's uncharted territory. Anyway, the general consensus appears clear - maybe I've watched too many films.

Have a enjoyable Friday evening all.

Quote Originally Posted by animalone View Post
    I cant say it better than this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHOf3s70w-c

Love that song!

Spot on advice.

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    when woman break out of a long term relationship with plans, there is always another guy/girl.

she may not have dated him yet, she may not have even told her friends about him, but she has met a guy and he has ticked boxes for her, you have not.

if you are determined to 'win her over' get on with your life and ignore her, and when you do meet be as vague as possible as to what you are up to/who you are seeing.

become the mystery man to her, make sure mutual friends no nothing about your personal life, and again if you bump into her don't go down the route of 'how are you' 'coping well' etc, chat for seconds, say hello and move on.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spk View Post
    - maybe I've watched too many films.

Don´t worry.
    Far more worrysome is that most women have too and have Disney weddings as perspective.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff wilson View Post
    Spot on advice.
    Nonsense

Banned
    They are all snakes with t*ts.

Accept that and you’ll not go far wrong.

Why on earth would you want to?

Loads more around of every shape, size and age

They are all barking mad of course - Ive often thought that I should have gone for a ladyboy last time

Craftsman
    I'd be very surprised if any bloke on here hasn't read this and thought "I remember doing that" (and if you haven't I expect you will at some stage). I know I have and looking back I wish I had taken my mates' advice and not made a a tit of myself. I lost a good mate over the whole thing, all because I was a bit too "green" to deal with what was happening. What none of us at the time realise is that the harder we try, the further we push them away, and as said, it puts us in an unattractive light.

You need to move on. I wouldn't say "get straight back on the horse" tho. Women will spot what you're at a mile off! Take some time on you're own and get your head straight, you'll probably realise it was the right thing after all. You need to be happy on your own again before you can be happy with anyone else.

And, I would say this is the best place to ask for advice, as said there's a lot of middle aged men on here, they have the experience and have been there done that. If we could go back with hindsight we would do things differently, me included!

Quote Originally Posted by Dontblowsmoke View Post
    This is the worst possible place to ask for relationship advice believe me. Mostly middle aged male chauvinist pigs
    WOW! nice to know I have been stereotyped so accurately.

relationship breakups are never a nice thing (for either party)
    If both the people can't be happy together, then accepting and moving on could be the better answer, even if does not seem like it at the time.

Good luck Spk,
    whatever you chose to do.
    Last edited by animalone; 9th October 2015 at 19:38.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by animalone View Post
    WOW! nice to know I have been stereotyped so accurately.

relationship breakups are never a nice thing (for either party)
    If both the people can't be happy together, then accepting and moving on could be the better answer, even if does not seem like it at the time.
    WOW read the word MOSTLY!! All you have to do is read most of the advice given to prove my point.

This is the worst possible place to ask for relationship advice believe me. Mostly middle aged male chauvinist pigs; why not ask her what she expected from the relationship (ask in a civilised manner) Give her some space it could be thats all she needs.
    Good luck and I wish you all the best
    Nah it's just that most of us on here (Ie middle aged pigs) have vast experience with crazy women who are nuttier than squirrel shit.

Master
    HEY enough with the "middle aged"!!!!

Well early 40s then, but hey we're still all pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Nah it's just that most of us on here (Ie middle aged pigs) have vast experience with crazy women who are nuttier than squirrel shit.
    That'll be Mrs DBS then.

Mad as a sack of frogs.
    Last edited by number2; 9th October 2015 at 20:16.

Craftsman
    What is middle aged these days anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy View Post
    Wise words - fill your boots
    Agreed go out have fun forgot her and be happy in your life buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by gunman View Post
    What is middle aged these days anyway?
    Well I'm 43 and feel I'm most days in the elderly range, but not sure I suppose the old saying 3 score years and 10 so middle aged 35?.....really don't have a clue.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    That'll be Mrs DBS then.

Mad as a sack of frogs.
    Go read your advise again Number2; your mum must have been horrid to you when you were growing up.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Spk View Post

Bit sad to admit, but this is my first proper relationship so it's uncharted territory. Anyway, the general consensus appears clear - maybe I've watched too many films.
    To quote a wise man (well, OK, Viper in Top Gun):

'First one dies, you die too. But there will be others. You can count on that.'

The middle age thing has always confused me - what is it and at what point does old age start?

If we assume that the current average male life span is 84 then it would seem to me that middle age should be 42 onwards. Not sure when old age should begin - perhaps if we take the mid point between this and death then 60 perhaps?

Is there some kind of formula for this?

Craftsman
    Well I'm 43 and feel I'm most days in the elderly range, but not sure I suppose the old saying 3 score years and 10 so middle aged 35?.....really don't have a clue.
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm near 38 and going by 3 score years and ten that's me then, middle aged and then some. Anyway, point is, we're all the way we are now because of our experiences. So grumpy we may be, but that's the way we've been turned!

Quote Originally Posted by gunman View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm near 38 and going by 3 score years and ten that's me then, middle aged and then some. Anyway, point is, we're all the way we are now because of our experiences. So grumpy we may be, but that's the way we've been turned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    The middle age thing has always confused me - what is it and at what point does old age start?

If we assume that the current average male life span is 84 then it would seem to me that middle age should be 42 onwards. Not sure when old age should begin - perhaps if we take the mid point between this and death then 60 perhaps?

Is there some kind of formula for this?
    I think I need to fall over for the first time and I'm going to wait and see what I call it. If I've "fallen over" I'm not middle aged, if I've "had a fall" I'm definitely middle aged

Craftsman
    I think I need to fall over for the first time and I'm going to wait and see what I call it. If I've "fallen over" I'm not middle aged, if I've "had a fall" I'm definitely middle aged
    You've got that wrong. See how long you stay down before trying to get back up, then see how long the "getting up" actually takes. That should tell you all you need to know.

Master
    There are a number of stages to a break-up:

Denial
    Sorrow
    Self-Pity
    Anger

etc. etc.

The key is to get to the last stage, i.e. sod her, I'm ready to go out on the pull again, in the shortest possible time, spending the least amount of the in the destructive phases (self-pity, anger). Don't mope, get out of the house, do a few things you've always wanted to do, and above all, times like these are what your mates are for, don't be too proud to turn to them.

And chin up, old chap, we've all been there, and trust me, they say there are plenty more fish in the sea, and if an ugly git like me can find someone it must be true!

This is the worst possible place to ask for relationship advice believe me. Mostly middle aged male chauvinist pigs;
    Harsh but fair
    Last edited by SimonH; 9th October 2015 at 20:48.

Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    Trip to Amsterdam, spliffs, space cakes, coke and hookers. 3,2,1 your back in the room, over her and planning your next trip.
    Phil you speaka-my-language. THIS is the only thing to do right now.

Then when you get back, delete her existence from all of your devices and move on. Trust me, if something is meant to be it will happen. If she comes back and it's right for you then go for it....but only if it's right for you.

If you never see her again then that's meant to be, as is the next person in your life....

....and the next

....and the next

....you get the gist.

Enjoy Amsterdam!

David

PS - you could always send her a photo of you hanging out the back of some whore with a rolled-up twenty sticking out your beak then send another message straight away saying "sorry, that wasn't meant for you".

She's as mad as a sack of frogs,,,,,,

Master
    Blog Entries
    Heart ache is the worst kind of pain. Good luck in your decision.

You could always sh4g her sister, that way you've still got one foot in the door.

This is never a problem in Barnsley TBH, at least after the break up you still remain cousins............

Run forest, Run.

The reason why so many people have posted is because we have all been there - badge of honour so to speak.

My advice is book a holiday ASAP. Register with Tinder, Another Fish in the Sea (or whatever) and met a huge section of rather odd ladies, in the hope you will met the one.

In about 6-12 months time when your ex rings to suggest drink/dinner (and to be good friends) you can

a) introduce your new girlfriend
    b) shag her before telling her to FO
    c) just tell her to FO

hope this helps. Now married to "the one" for 29 years.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    This is never a problem in Barnsley TBH, at least after the break up you still remain cousins............
    PMSL, didn't see that coming

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    b) have a threesome
    c) tell her to FO

hope this helps.
    Last edited by VDG; 9th October 2015 at 21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post

Harsh but fair

and still correct

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    PMSL, didn't see that coming

I admire your ambition Sir.

Friedrich Nietzsche

I admire your ambition Sir.
    Who dares usually gets some ;)

Run forest, Run.

The reason why so many people have posted is because we have all been there - badge of honour so to speak.

My advice is book a holiday ASAP. Register with Tinder, Another Fish in the Sea (or whatever) and met a huge section of rather odd ladies, in the hope you will met the one.

In about 6-12 months time when your ex rings to suggest drink/dinner (and to be good friends) you can

b) shag her before telling her to FO
    c) just tell her to FO

hope this helps. Now married to "the one" for 29 years.
    An odd selection of rather huge ladies would be a decent-ish rebound alternative.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    Trip to Amsterdam, spliffs, space cakes, coke and hookers. 3,2,1 your back in the room, over her and planning your next trip.
    I'm with Phil!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Move on. Or at least stop contacting.
    Nothing more annoying than being badgered by an ex. It'll do you no good.

That said, the idea that there *has* to be someone else in the mix driving the break up or the desire for freedom away from a relationship is nonsense.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffcotton View Post
    Heart ache is the worst kind of pain.

Have you never had a kidney stone or renal colic then.

Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    Have you never had a kidney stone or renal colic then.
    I suffer from gout attacks and they are a damn sight more painful than my first divorce. The emotional side that is - financially the two are probably on an equal footing

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    They are all snakes with t*ts.

Accept that and you’ll not go far wrong.
    All that varies is the size of the t*ts........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    And thus was revealed the secret of great comedy,,,,,,,,, absolute pure gold.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Move on. Or at least stop contacting.
    Nothing more annoying than being badgered by an ex. It'll do you no good.

That said, the idea that there *has* to be someone else in the mix driving the break up or the desire for freedom away from a relationship is nonsense.
    This

This
    Substitute the word 'usually' and it's pretty much bang on.