closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega quartz Cal. 1538 problems..

Journeyman

Omega quartz Cal. 1538 problems..

The wife's old and trusty quartz Bond has developed a problem that consists of the hour hand wont turn over midnight, it just 'snaps' back.

Just a matter of service you think? Anybody have experience with this ETA-based caliber round the boards?

I would stop the watch and visit the service

Grand Master
    My pre-Bond Seamaster has just developed the same problem. I serviced the watch 3 years ago and it seemed fine at the time....but the movement's 20+ years old.

Might get chance to strip mine down this week and find what's wrong. It'll need a part replacing, not sure just what but I`ll find out.

Paul

The jump hour function on this modified ETA 255.111 is pretty lubrication critical and this fault can happen when the watch needs a service. Pull the crown out and stop it running and get it done when you can. This movement has also had one or two revisions over the years so worth getting these parts updated.

Grand Master
    Thanks Dom, the rapid hour set has already stopped working so I guess that's a clue!

I don't enjoy working on these Quartz movements but I need to get this fixed; it lives on my bench and I use it for checking other watches. Might buy a cheap Casio for this job and fix the Omega at my leisure.

Paul

Journeyman
    Thanks Dom!

Actually it's a 1438 I see know. But I assume there is still a resemblance in between the movements.