closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Problems with losing weight

Master
    Blog Entries

Problems with losing weight

I started doing slimming world because the missus was doing it, so i just ate what she ate. Since starting it I have gone from 15 stone 10 to 14 stone 1 in 6 weeks. The weight is dropping off and its great.

The main problem is now all my clothes don't fit! I can deal with the jeans not fitting or trousers but its gutting that some more expensive jackets don't fit!

Anyone one else had this problem before? Should I just sell and buy again? I paid retail and they are both relatively new!
    Last edited by JPCain86; 24th October 2015 at 11:07.

Sell and buy again. It's great that you're looking after yourself and any oversized clothes will encourage you to put weight back on! Stay healthy and look to the future!

What else can you do?

Obviously don't buy again (more than essential anyway) until weight stable.

Banned
    Ah, I get it, you don’t have access to Sales Corner do you?

Well done on the weight loss, but posts like this could mean you lose other things...

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    I had my SC access revoked.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Im pretty sure that I would have a wider market on a number of other selling site. Im really not trying to sell some jackets, I actually just felt sharing a good news story.

I think that is me done on this site. Everytime I post something people seem to throw it back as a underhand selling technique.
    Last edited by JPCain86; 24th October 2015 at 11:14.

Im pretty sure that I would have a wider market on a number of other selling site. Im really not trying to sell some jackets, I actually just felt sharing a good news story.
    You should know better than that, we don't do that on here.......

Master
    I'd wait until your weight stabilises then buy a new wardrobe. Throw out/sell the items which don't fit.

I lost weight about two years ago and purposely replaced all my clothes with expensive (for me) replacements, it's an added incentive to stay at the same weight.

Been doing slimming world for a year now with my OH, I'm down 4.5 stone and she is down 3.5. Still planning to lose another few stone so for now have just been wearing a minimal wardrobe and buying cheap clothes until I reach my goal weight.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My missus is annoyed that I am losing more weight than her!

Craftsman
    I started doing slimming world because the missus was doing it, so i just ate what she ate. Since starting it I have gone from 15 stone 10 to 14 stone 1 in 6 weeks. The weight is dropping off and its great.

The main problem is now all my clothes don't fit! I can deal with the jeans not fitting or trousers but its gutting that some more expensive jackets don't fit!

Anyone one else had this problem before? Should I just sell and buy again? I paid retail and they are both relatively new!
    Easy, eat more cake your old clothes will fit again simples..........

My missus is annoyed that I am losing more weight than her!
    Often the way because you are likely eating the same portion sizes but you are physically bigger to start with...

Banned

I think that is me done on this site. Everytime I post something people seem to throw it back as a underhand selling technique.
    My comment wasn’t underhand - it was direct and to the point.

You have now edited your OP. Initially you didn’t talk about your trousers, shirts, jumpers, designer polo tops - just two specific jackets quoting brand and model name and how many times they have beenworn FFS!

Sorry, but it was a better ad than previous ones of yours on SC.

Take it however you wish. Others can do the same.

Craftsman
    Don't buy anything expensive until you reach your target weight. If it's just 1 to 2 stone you're losing you might be able to get some things altered but if it's more than that trousers will look like MC Hammer's and it will look like you're wearing your dads suit.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post

You have now edited your OP. Initially you didn’t talk about your trousers, shirts, jumpers, designer polo tops - just two specific jackets quoting brand and model name and how many times they have beenworn FFS!

Lets hope a superhero cape is offered shortly so you can buy and wear whilst doing your moderator/forum police duties. It would have to be very colourful though to go with your lovely tattoos

For reference

http://cdn-i.dmdentertainment.com/fu.../tattoos1d.png
    Last edited by Dontblowsmoke; 24th October 2015 at 13:30.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontblowsmoke View Post
    Lets hope a superhero cape is offered shortly so you can buy and wear whilst doing your moderator/forum police duties. It would have to be very colourful though to go with your lovely tattoos
    No policing and the OP knows that.

The photo you refer to is of my ex-wife.

She was a rough ‘un, but great in the sack.

Craftsman
    She would have to be to marry you in fairness; and there is no wonder why she left you.

Now back to the BP with you; it misses its leader.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontblowsmoke View Post
    She would have to be to marry you in fairness; and there is no wonder why she left you.
    Left me?

You can tell you are a female - always right.

Nice to chat.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I went to the docs in April and he told me I needed to lose weight, I had gone up to 15 stone 12 heaviest I had ever been. I decided there and then to do something about it. I now weigh 13 stone 8 and feel great, just wish my bank balance did. I have had to buy all new clothes jeans,trousers,pants shirts the whole lot. The only benefit is that two 1k each classic suits now fit like a glove again. Result.

I do not think about the money side of it, as the resulting weight loss on your overall wellbeing is far greater then a few thousand quid. Another nice touch is how easier it is to find more clothes that fit comfortably making you look good which then makes you feel good.

Problems with losing weight

My wife started slimming world in February this year.

I'm down from over 15 stone to under 12 stone now and I still eat like a horse!

I've had to buy a whole new watch collection though as the bracelets don't fit any more!
    Last edited by Dave+63; 24th October 2015 at 14:12.

Hello

Ah, I get it, you don’t have access to Sales Corner do you?

Well done on the weight loss, but posts like this could mean you lose other things...
    Superb comment. I lose a bit here and there. Try not too eat too much rubbish or too much but here and there eat nice things. Cycle to work most days so that helps.

Good luck to the Op. Just remember though, life is there to enjoy and live.

- - - Updated - - -

Left me?

You can tell you are a female - always right.

Nice to chat.
    DBS, usual nastiness I see. Thought you'd given it up?

Master
    Blog Entries

I removed the brands so i didn't start a bidding war!

I can deal with the items that cost £50 and I would renew every few years anyway. I noted the brand because they are well known for being expensive. I could of said 2 jackets at circa £1500 but didn't think it would upset anyone.

As for my previous SC posts I've had no complaints with what I've sold.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    Superb comment. I lose a bit here and there. Try not too eat too much rubbish or too much but here and there eat nice things. Cycle to work most days so that helps.

Good luck to the Op. Just remember though, life is there to enjoy and live.

- - - Updated - - -

DBS, usual nastiness I see. Thought you'd given it up?
    Yes because all the baiters are oh so innocent. Join their gang it is a free membership by all accounts.

Master
    Top tip:

Try and look for someone that's trying to gain weight.......then do a swap..

Well done to anyone who manages to loose weight, the hardest part is keeping it off long term.

Master
    I went from a 66" waist to 40" some years back and had to buy several wardrobes worth while I was getting there, it's an expensive business!

Master
    I've lost weight (body fat) and I look it that I would have definitely paid a couple of grand to lose the weight. You did it free and get to spend the money on better fitting clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    Well done to anyone who manages to loose weight, the hardest part is keeping it off long term.
    The slimming world plan is more a change of diet rather than a diet so it's easy to keep it off.

Craftsman

It's going to cost a fortune and your wife won't be happy. I've lost a lot of weight this year and in addition to getting rid of the old wardrobe I have also had to bin the stuff I bought on the way down. You'll be skint but will feel better for it. I

At my largest I was 17 stone and a 38" waist.Did the Atkins diet and dropped to a 34" waist and 14 stone.Then came a breakdown in my marriage last year and I am now. 12 stone and a 32" waist.

Still had all my old clothes until recently.Threw the crap away and took the good stuff to charity.

Going from extra large to medium over 3 years has been a costly business but in the long run a healthier option.
    Last edited by itsgotournameonit; 25th October 2015 at 00:22.

I went from 17st 13lb to 12st 2lb (at my best) in about 18 months 3 or so years ago

The feeling as it came off was phenomenal. I'd gone from buying XXL to Small & Medium. I loved buying a new wardrobe and only kept a few things as reminder of the size I was.

I fluctuated around the 12st 7lbs & 12st 11lbs for about a year and was pleased at that. However, last July I sort of went a bit daft and put a little on before my holiday, and then more during the holiday. By the end of the year I was back at about 13st 5lbs. Ever since then I've been getting worse so much I decided to go on Slimming World in January. However, it just didn't work and I can't get back into fasting. The last time I got weighed in August I'd gone back to 14st 2lbs and I daren't get weighed now having just returned from holiday.

Going the right way is wonderful. Going the way I've gone in the last 18 months is devastating. Really need to sort it out as the wardrobe I bought now doesn't really fit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I went from 17st 13lb to 12st 2lb (at my best) in about 18 months 3 or so years ago

The feeling as it came off was phenomenal. I'd gone from buying XXL to Small & Medium. I loved buying a new wardrobe and only kept a few things as reminder of the size I was.

I fluctuated around the 12st 7lbs & 12st 11lbs for about a year and was pleased at that. However, last July I sort of went a bit daft and put a little on before my holiday, and then more during the holiday. By the end of the year I was back at about 13st 5lbs. Ever since then I've been getting worse so much I decided to go on Slimming World in January. However, it just didn't work and I can't get back into fasting. The last time I got weighed in August I'd gone back to 14st 2lbs and I daren't get weighed now having just returned from holiday.

Going the right way is wonderful. Going the way I've gone in the last 18 months is devastating. Really need to sort it out as the wardrobe I bought now doesn't really fit.
    I can relate to that entirely, I shan't recount my tale(s) of woe but at my lightest after Slimming World I was just under 15 stone and now, at my heaviest, I'm ashamed to say that I'm just over 20, yes 20 stone.

I know my exact weight because I've "started" SW yet again this morning. My trouble, apart from my love of food, is that I carry the weight extremely well up to a point and then eventually I take a look at myself and think "god, what have I done".

Perhaps we should have a SW thread, not an easy time of year to start mind.

You seriously asking what to do with clothes that no longer fit you?

Really?

Ask your tailor to take them in?

Master
    Glad the slimming world stuff is working for so many of you, but these things always worry me in that you lose the weight with one diet, swap back to a normal diet and put it back on again. All the people I know who do the slimming club thing tend to yoyo with depressing regularity.

The old adage of 'eat less, move more', tempered with 'eat well' is the only answer for long term. Cook from fresh every time try smaller portions (stomach very quickly adapts). Find something to get into that is appropriate for your level of fitness but gets you out of breath and do it as much as is sensible. And if you are a beer drinker try to swap it out for wine or spirits.

I'm sorry, I know that the above is teaching Granny to suck eggs, but it works, and will work for the rest of your life.

Banned
    if you want to lose weight easily and without any hard work, of course if you was to exercise a bit you would loose more,
    but heres is an easy way, its called phentermine you get it from your local 'National Slimming Clinic'. you will meat a doctor who has a chat and will then sell you the pills,

iv been telling people about these for years and they work every time and they work well, i lost a stone every fortnight for 2 months and kept it off and so have many others iv introduced to it.
    there not poison they suppress the part of the brain that hunger pangs are linked to, the same as weed smokers get the munchies it activates that part of the brain and the phentermine shuts it down.

i would have some toast in the morning take a pill and not eat again till 6pm when i would force a small meal down me, dont be turned off by the words pill,
    if you want loose weight trust me go the slimming clinic get some pills and believe me you will be thanking me, there wounder pills and the weight stays off unless you go back to eating like a pig when you come off them
    but no ever does i sort of trained myself to eat better, more fresh fruit and veg got rid the crisps and chocolate, i cant recommend these enough to anybody and once you have tried them you will be the same

if you want to know more and i know alot about these pills and dieting PM and ill go more into detail about them

http://www.nscclinics.co.uk/weight-l...ht-loss-works/

Well done, I did the same a few years ago. It's worth selling up most stuff and getting new. I kept a hand made suit as a memento. But the cost of new clothing; especially motorcycle leathers was excruciating, but totally worth it. It also helped no end with the motorbike as I had been thinking the suspension was starting to get old and saggy but with five stone off it felt like a new bike, plus a no cost performance boost to boot. The health benefits were good too!

Master
    You should exercise as well.
    You need to maintain the muscles whilst dieting to force your body to burn the fat not your muscle.

Fat is stored value to the body for times of need. If you don't use the muscles your body will eat them before the fat.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    You need to maintain the muscles whilst dieting to force your body to burn the fat not your muscle.

Fat is stored value to the body for times of need. If you don't use the muscles your body will eat them before the fat.

good advice id also add completely cutting fats out is not good because as soon as you do have some your body will just store it around the belly right away as it does not know when it will get anymore.
    when hardcore dieting its always good to have some fats so your body does not start storing it the minute you swallow it

Master
    Blog Entries

Excellent effort rather than buy more clothes you could just wear a kaftan until you reach your target weight, then buy new clothes. Just a thought. The bold Demis-Roussos looked pretty cool back in the day.

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...ussos-MAIN.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post

Good advice, plus some heavy workouts will help boost metabolism which in turn will help you lose weight faster, plus you'll tone up into the bargain. Win win.