closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Audi RS6

Audi RS6

Test drove one of these yesterday.

Bloody hell, that's all I'm going to say.

:)

New model or older model? The new V8 twin turbo is a beast I have it in my S8 and that is frighteningly quick for such a big car. It is supposed to be de-tuned from the 560 to 520 but I had it on the rolling road and it has the full 560 I guess they just whack the same engine in.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Test drove one of these yesterday.

Bloody hell, that's all I'm going to say.

:)

Found this whilst Googling it!

Master
    My mate took me out in his just last week. It has the mrc tune to 750bhp. I was actually left speechless by the way it shifted.

Anyone who says "its just a fast estate" has clearly never been in one.

I'm positive it could bend time if it wanted to.

Craftsman
    While I was living in Switzerland I made quite a few trips on the unrestricted Autobahns in German. On one quiet journey I was doing a good lick (around 250kph) in a fairly fast car and the V10 RS6 came past me like I was going in reverse. They must have been nudging 320+kph. I saw them lift off the throttle up ahead due to some traffic and it shot flames out of the exhaust on the overrun so I think it might have also been modified.

Master
    On the whole, cars leave me cold but I had an RS4 Quattro Avant a few years back and blimey! To infinity and beyond.... If the RS6 out does that which I'd imagine it can I'd need to wear incontinence pants.

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    New model or older model? The new V8 twin turbo is a beast I have it in my S8 and that is frighteningly quick for such a big car. It is supposed to be de-tuned from the 560 to 520 but I had it on the rolling road and it has the full 560 I guess they just whack the same engine in.
    Latest model, test drive with Audi dealer.

Utter madness! It accelerated so fast it actually hurt :)

Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    Anyone who says "its just a fast estate" has clearly never been in one.
    It's just a fast estate. I haven't been in one.

Apprentice
    The sound too...

Craftsman
    Currently have a 3.0 bi tdi A6 Allroad - its a good car; test driving the RS6 tomorrow have deposit have a feeling I will have some explaining to do to my better half

Master
    Been fortunate enough to be given a drive in a few of the RS models, the RS3, RS4, RS6 and RS7. The RS6 and RS7 were mental fast but just too huge to not be a pain day to day for me, the RS4 was the best of the bunch for me, definitely got a hankering for an RS4 one day soon.

Craftsman
    I had a V8 RS6 Avant for a couple of years and put 30K miles on it. Did a couple of trips to Lemans as support vehicle and was just about the quickest car on the motorway drag races, fully laden with camping gear. Had it remapped for an extra 60bhp or so, for £500 it was one of those things that had to be done ;)

Absolutely awesome car and the best one car solution for all year round use. However there is a downside, drive it as intended and the wear on nearly 2 tons of car as you throw it around corners is significant. The bill for consumables is like a supercar. Later on I ran an Aston Vantage and put 30K miles on it over the next 18 months, it was HALF the cost to run as the RS6 over the same period.

So yeah, great car, but has the running costs to match, not something to have as a daily driver unless you are happy with supercar running costs

Master
    Awesome machine. Just with I had the funds to own one myself...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Too fast, too detached.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Too fast, too detached.

yes, agreed. The only car ive seen 200mph on the (inaccurate) speedo, but it makes 150mph seem like 60mph in something more involving like an Elise

Its not a "sportscar" and does not claim to be, its a fast luxury wagon for crossing continents, preferably those with few speed limits :)

One of fruity ideas I've pondered is attempting to beat the world speed record for caravan towing, which currently stands at 142 mph.

Came to the conclusion I'd use an RS6

Blog Entries
    Beautiful car! But... the most stolen car in The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany! Soughtafter by villains for the combination of loadspace and supercar qualities... As a matter of fact, most RS models are a target for that sc*m.

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 22nd November 2015 at 08:13.

Journeyman
    I had an RS4 Avant in Cape Town and it was awesome. Have been fortunate to own S3 and and S4 before this. Wonderful cars!

If we relocate to Germany I will get one. Did quite a few autobahn trips on the earlier model. For my current driving environment - pointless.

So I think I'm going to get one. Insurance is going to be hideous mind as my wife is currently taking driving lessons to get a UK licence and as a 'new driver' I suspect the costs will be high. She would use it for nursery run etc. It's got loads of space and is really nicely finished. 5 month delivery time

One of the most boring cars I've ever driven.

Quote Originally Posted by whoami View Post
    One of the most boring cars I've ever driven.
    But, but, but it's an Audi!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    So I think I'm going to get one. Insurance is going to be hideous mind as my wife is currently taking driving lessons to get a UK licence and as a 'new driver' I suspect the costs will be high. She would use it for nursery run etc. It's got loads of space and is really nicely finished. 5 month delivery time
    Ryan, please do not take this the wrong way, but a new driver, school run, uber estate, seem like a recipe for disaster.

Master
    Seems like a total waste more like.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Ryan, please do not take this the wrong way, but a new driver, school run, uber estate, seem like a recipe for disaster.
    Indeed - I would be surprised if a new driver would get insurance cover TBH.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........