closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 1680 Red in Dublin

Craftsman

Rolex 1680 Red in Dublin

Just had a look at a 1680 Red 1969 in Dawsons.

Spoke to the guy in the shop and he told me its just back form a once over with Rolex who verifies its all original however it has had its movement replaced at some point in its life (its an age correct movement. Assuming its as he says it is and Ive no reason to suspect its not does the replaced movement make it a lemon? Hes looking for 7500 euro for it.

BR
    John

I think the value on these is in the dial rather than the movement. It wil be a generic Rolex movement from the period that they put in a range of watches. At least that's my understanding.

Agreed that the dial is more important than the movement, if you are prepared to live with a replacement movement and the selling price reflects this. Sounds like the seller is being honest and open about things, which is great.

Which dial is it, some 1969 reds have the meters first dial (mark 1) which is highly desirable. What about the bezel insert, fat font or later service replacement. Do the hands match the dial ?

Might be wise to take a few images and post them on here so people can help you.

Craftsman
    Thanks.
    It's a mkii or iii as it was meters second.
    He maintains hands,bezel and plastic are all original as is the dial.

I'll go back and see if I can get pic's and a serial number.

Master
    If as described I think it's excellent value. Thats about £5400 which is really good. Check the case isn't over polished. Also is it head only, even so I think the price is good?

Master
    I would be interested to know if having the movement replaced affects the value.

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    I would be interested to know if having the movement replaced affects the value.
    Is there any way to tell that ?

Well: a bargain in any respect. Value of a decent mf dial alone will be EUR 4k or so.