closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aldo v mcregor

Aldo v mcregor

If anybody's interested its live on bt sport2 3am sat night,I hope to stay awake as I'm out Saturday for a few drinks,I'll record just incase ,should be a great fight ,Connor really needs to win after all his talking,but I can't help but like the guy

Saturday is a cracking fight night, with AJ vs Dillian Whyte and then later McGregor vs Aldo.

Aldo is the best fighter in the division historically, but Connor just has something extra in my opinion. I love that he's been training with Ido Portal in the build up to this fight - can't wait to see what the master of movement has added to Connor's game.

Being Irish , I'm a McGregor fan . I'm in Boston for the weekend (big Irish town) so I will do my patriotic duty of finding a bar and cheer him on tonight.

Craftsman
    Yes his working with ido portal it will be interesting to see if this will confuse his moment.
    Actually I'm more interested in the Rockhold Weidman fight. I like conor but I've supported Aldo from the WEC days so want him to win.

Master
    It will be an interesting fight. I've met mcGregor a few times both in the last few years and back when he was cage warriors champ. Seems a different guy on camera. I'm pretty old school, I believe in the GSP style humility and respect so don't really like the way he goes about creating a buzz. They keep trying to draw comparisons to Ali but his patter isn't as intelligent or as funny. He should stop that crap and be himself as he is very charismatic and naturally likeable.

McGregor is a great fighter, definitely the power puncher in that division. He doesn't move like anyone else and he's obviously trying to capitalise on this with this Ido bloke. Not sure how useful or relevant that's going to be in a proper fight though. However, Aldo is a beast. He is a master counter striker with a full arsenal of MT strikes and no doubt the more complete package.

It's really anybody's fight I feel. McGregor will come to knock Aldo out quickly. Aldo will come to slowly pick mcgregor apart. Alround a great card with several possible fights of the night.

Master
    Well that was certainly short and sweet.

Master
    Haha, that was a lot of build up to not very much

All that for that

Craftsman
    Feel a bit for Aldo, after all the banter thats gone his way... to get ended like that
    in record breaking time is a bit sad.

Glad I saw the fight as a consequence of being on nights, if i'd have stayed up to watch it I'd have
    been a little underwhelmed!

Like McGregor but not overly keen on his chat, but hey it's all publicity! Bound to only get worse now haha

Aldo is a great fighter and I know a knock out is a knock out but I would of liked to of seen more of Aldo.

Grand Master
    Thats the way it rolls sometimes, McGregor is a great personality and fighter
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Very true!

At least he backs up his mouth

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Wouldn't say he's got a great personality, he's comes across as the typical little gobshite you find in most boozers across the country, usually backed up by a couple of bruisers, you know the one, the one you want to smack.

Having said that I take my hat off to him, he's an animal!

Grand Master
    In a more serious interview (Ish) he comes across a lot better than any fight interviews

http://www.cagepotato.com/video-cono...y-kimmel-live/
    RIAC

McGregor got in the Octagon and did his job, at least this fighter backs up his chat with punch

I wanted mcregor to win but I felt a bit sorry for Aldo ,he couldn't believe what had happened

Grand Master
    Always amazes me how often this happens in UFC, fighters run towards each other and one, or both rarely protect themselves well meaning lots of early KO's, Conor also got hit with a good one about a second afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Well that was certainly short and sweet.
    Delighted McGregor won but glad I didn't force myself to stay awake for this one. I'd probably have missed it anyway going to the fridge for a beer or a snack!

Aldo has always been classed as the master of the counter - this morning he came face to fist with the ultimate counter as Connor just shimmied to the side and landed a clean left off his back foot. Not sure we got to see any of the work he and Ido put in together, which would have been nice to see the impact, but fair play to Connor - devastating performance.

Joshua vs Whyte was a great fight earlier in the evening too as was Eubank Jr vs Spike O'Sullivan, gutted for Kev Mitchell though, one of the guys I coach is good friends with Kev and he's devastated.

Master
    The Weidman Rockhold fight before it was absolutely epic. Weidman looked like he had been hit by a freight train and I thought the ref should have stopped it after the first barrage of elbows and fists he sustained in the first attack. He really wasn't returning anything or defending himself, he took a severe beating. A great fight though!

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    Always amazes me how often this happens in UFC, fighters run towards each other and one, or both rarely protect themselves well meaning lots of early KO's, Conor also got hit with a good one about a second afterwards.
    McGregor moved nicely into Aldo's attack and pivoted off of his right foot into his left hand. That's not running backwards and forwards. That's skill and timing and reaction training. Aldo's hook that connected afterwards had no power. He was already losing conciousmess.