closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Now that's a BIG watch!!

Master

Now that's a BIG watch!!

Following on from the Glycine post I was having a look at their web site and saw this:

F 104

Conceived in the fashion of a cockpit instrument, this extraordinary model is impressive with its pure functionality. The watch features a stainless steel 52mm case housing a Unitas 6498 manual wind pocket watch movement.
    A domed exhibition back attached securely by six screws allows for a full view of the sturdy movement.
    The case, despite its extraordinary size, is anatomically designed and conforms to any wrist by use of articulated lugs.
    A pyramid shaped 9mm double o-ring crown lends to the antique look and touch long missing from today's fine timepieces.
    That's got to be too big surely..? :shock:

Master

Re: Now that's a BIG watch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    Following on from the Glycine post I was having a look at their web site and saw this:

F 104

Conceived in the fashion of a cockpit instrument, this extraordinary model is impressive with its pure functionality. The watch features a stainless steel 52mm case housing a Unitas 6498 manual wind pocket watch movement.
    A domed exhibition back attached securely by six screws allows for a full view of the sturdy movement.
    The case, despite its extraordinary size, is anatomically designed and conforms to any wrist by use of articulated lugs.
    A pyramid shaped 9mm double o-ring crown lends to the antique look and touch long missing from today's fine timepieces.

If you think that's big, have a look at some of the Zeno's Eddie sells!! They don't even have articulated lugs making them appear even bigger on the wrist.
    Cheers,
    Martin

Master
    Dimensions

55 mm Ĝ, 62.8 mm lug tip to lug tip and 15.6 mm thick to the top of the bombé crystal. Lug spacing is 24 mm. This watch is advertised as 54 mm but actually measures at 55 mm.
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is huuuge!!!

Craftsman
    Dimensions

55 mm Ĝ, 62.8 mm lug tip to lug tip and 15.6 mm thick to the top of the bombé crystal. Lug spacing is 24 mm. This watch is advertised as 54 mm but actually measures at 55 mm.
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is huuuge!!!
    Now that is a proper Clownmaster. :roll:

Grand Master
    I've no problem with watches up to 46mm (provided the lugs curve) but that is just stupid, IMHO.
    /vince ..

Master
    No, no, no........ thats not big, not from an overall perspective. This is big

52 - 52mm including crown, 49mm case

23.5mm deep

360 grammes when fitted with the SS bracelet

8mm thick sapphire crystal

and water resistant to a mere 3657 meters or 12,000 feet

Now that is a mother of a watch :D, one which I still miss.

In fairness you knew when you had it strapped to your wrist and make no mistake about that!

Regards

Paul

Master
    55mm :shock: I would have to strap it to my leg for it to fit, and it would still look odd.

Thomas

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    55mm :shock: I would have to strap it to my leg for it to fit, and it would still look odd.

Thomas
    I think it may have something to do with you having a watch strapped to your leg in the first place :lol:

Ming

I suppose that depends on how small your wrists are, but it's actually a very comfortable watch to wear. The pivoting lugs really makes the watch feel somewhat smaller, and it's only about 10mm thick. My wrists are on the larger size - 8.25-8.5" - but I'm sure that it would look alright if your wrists were a bit smaller. The black dialed F-104 was one of my first watch purchases when I started collecting watches, and I picked up a white dialed version earlier this year. They're still some of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by HilltopMichael
    I suppose that depends on how small your wrists are, but it's actually a very comfortable watch to wear. The pivoting lugs really makes the watch feel somewhat smaller, and it's only about 10mm thick. My wrists are on the larger size - 8.25-8.5" - but I'm sure that it would look alright if your wrists were a bit smaller. The black dialed F-104 was one of my first watch purchases when I started collecting watches, and I picked up a white dialed version earlier this year. They're still some of my favorites.
    Nice. I was tempted but couldn't get over that Glycine uses mineral crystals and with a crystal that large I would surely scratch it after banging it into something. :(

Master

Size

Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy
    No, no, no........ thats not big, not from an overall perspective. This is big

52 - 52mm including crown, 49mm case

23.5mm deep

360 grammes when fitted with the SS bracelet

8mm thick sapphire crystal

and water resistant to a mere 3657 meters or 12,000 feet

Now that is a mother of a watch :D, one which I still miss.

In fairness you knew when you had it strapped to your wrist and make no mistake about that!

Regards

Paul
    Paul is correct the CX12000 is the biggest monster you will ever wear I owned the same watch and when people see it and its weight they say
    f--k me that goes for the box aswell

Patrick

Any wrist shots of that swiss monster diver?

Craftsman
    Ivor Biggun!

Master

CX12000

Quote Originally Posted by sijoc
    Never got a wrist shot of the monster on my arm I was too busy keeping my balance with it on

The watch is a must for nagging wifes put it round her ankle chuck her in the river she will never get out with the shear waieght of the CX12000 on her leg

Its probably the watch every one should have at the back of the drawer with the above in mind

My brother (ROD) when he saw the watch he said f--k me he put it on it dislocated his shoulder

Lost count of how many people I have knocked out in the pub with it on

Patrick

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus

Thomas
    here i resisted

The watch is a must for nagging wifes put it round her ankle chuck her in the river she will never get out with the shear waieght of the CX12000 on her leg
    here i had to...even if it's an old picture...and not even mine for that matters..

Grand Master

Re: CX12000

Quote Originally Posted by hill
    Quote Originally Posted by sijoc
    Never got a wrist shot of the monster on my arm I was too busy keeping my balance with it on

Its probably the watch every one should have at the back of the drawer with the above in mind

My brother (ROD) when he saw the watch he said f--k me he put it on it dislocated his shoulder

Lost count of how many people I have knocked out in the pub with it on
    Very funny :)

You know what they say about men with big watches. Big watches, enormous... wrists
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com
    Nah, not big. This is big!! :D

Grand Master
    Pah. I'll see your modest 47mm little and raise you 13mm to a FULL 60MM of mine's-bigger-than-yours, phat-faced goodness:

Blog Entries
    I wonder when some sod tries to sell me a trainstation clock as "the new gents size" :shock: .

Anyway, it would look like a sundial on my wrist.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    Pah. I'll see your modest 47mm little and raise you 13mm to a FULL 60MM of mine's-bigger-than-yours, phat-faced goodness:

Ahh......... but do you ACTUALLY own that?? :laughing3:

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by doug darter
    Ahh......... but do you ACTUALLY own that?? :laughing3:
    It's telling the time on my kitchen wall as we speak. Although mine is the quartz one with diamantes :)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    That little thing is probably wearable. Doesn't look all that thick. Now this is something that's a little harder to pull off. Sure, it's only a measly 58 mm in diameter, but that's not including the crown. It's also about 24 thick. Don't really wear this one much :o