closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any synthasizer experts in TZ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    You might also like Steve Reich's 'Six Pianos', which is done in the same way, only, you know, more pianos.
    I was at a Steve Reich and Musicians concert several years later.

It opened with Steve and one of the others clapping their hands for 5 minutes.

They did play some "music for two pianos" stuff. That was incredible - I swear I heard trumpets. Much to my annoyance, I found out later that the two pianists had afterwards traveled to my home city to perform a full music or two pianos concert. I was still in the other city at festival where the whole band had played, waiting for further concerts.

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    Anyone tried CAUSTIC 3 on their ipad-tablet-device-thingy ?

It's amazing... if you buy it (about £5) you can then save your creations. It will also interface with MIDI devices if you have a OTG cable for your phone / tablet.
    Excellent, thanks for that. I have been messing with Garageband ( great fun and surprisingly capable ) and also using my Kawai digital piano connected via the Roland MIDI cable thing to the iPad. Caustic looks well worth a try.

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob (NZ) View Post
    I was at a Steve Reich and Musicians concert several years later.

It opened with Steve and one of the others clapping their hands for 5 minutes.

They did play some "music for two pianos" stuff. That was incredible - I swear I heard trumpets. Much to my annoyance, I found out later that the two pianists had afterwards traveled to my home city to perform a full music or two pianos concert. I was still in the other city at festival where the whole band had played, waiting for further concerts.

Rob.
    If you like that you should like Stockhausen Kontakte, lots of prepared pianos and reverse tapes, was this the album that triggered the invention of early synths? Play it late at night, spooky!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cjKVJ2z66fk
    Last edited by pembers; 6th January 2016 at 21:03.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pembers View Post
    Yes I think you are right, its the one im siding with........the roland looks amazing thou!
    The backlighting of the Roland is a bit too much for some, so much that a company has made replacement panels for it http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...-xa-panel-mod/

For the digital polyphonic stuff you could run Omnisphere 2 on your DAW alongside the Moog. Look out for deals too, I just picked up the Korg Wavestation VST for $25 (so about £17 - though I was given a real one a few years back!)

Boys! You need to get up to date! modular synths is where it's at now, it's an amazing option that allows you endless variety;

check out my modular page on Facebook - red dog music modular

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=WODFCM5tMns

Master
    ^
    That is exactly how I felt this week at work in the form of music!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
    Boys! You need to get up to date! modular synths is where it's at now, it's an amazing option that allows you endless variety;

Already on muff and modulargrid. Dream about an AJH, some make noise & a metropolis. I think that it could end up more of a money pit than watches though!

You should see the import duties I get from buying Intellijel and Make Noise, It's ridiculous! They're gear is really nice though, I also cant keep it in stock long enough!

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    If only I'd known...

I made mine this way...

Great thread this - got me back researching synths

Was shocked to read that the Korg M1 is on the list of '14 synths which shaped modern music' - sold mine a few years ago having lugged all 20 kg up one too many stairs :-)

Of those mentioned earlier in thread, went and tried out Ultranova (and also Bass Station 2 - great arpeggiator!) from Novation which were very nice
    Roland JD-XI was great recommendation

Also tried Prophet 08 and new Korg Arp

For some reason though (probably that 'I dream of wires' documentary) have been thinking seriously about a Moog Mother 32 - has anyone tried?
    Was thinking of a stage piano (Roland RD64 which feels like a great keyset although perhaps an octave too short) feeding into this?

Or is that a terrible idea - a keyboard into a modular synth?
    rather look at a Moog Sub 37 altogether? (which many have recommended?)

choices, choices...

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty View Post

Was in red dog music store in Clapham a couple of weeks back - brilliant!