closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: David Haye fight

David Haye fight

On now on Dave and live.

I'm going to watch it but I expect it to be very short as Haye should take the guy apart inside two or three rounds.

Thanks for letting me know.
    I have no idea who the opponent is and suspect he's not much good but... if he get's to punch the cocky twat Haye once square in the face that will do for me.

I hope it's worth the watching time :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Hmmm ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Utter sh**e,that is the reason i stopped watching boxing years ago and went over to mma...nothing changes .

What was the point of that? Total class difference.

I know Fury says he won't give Haye a payday but I think that's convenient as Haye would do him. Fury's a puddin'.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 16th January 2016 at 22:58.

Master
    Spotted this thread and put it on, 2 mins later job done. Surely he could have found a stronger opponent.

A bum off the street would've thrown more punches than his opponent,pathetic show.

Quote Originally Posted by StuS View Post
    Spotted this thread and put it on, 2 mins later job done. Surely he could have found a stronger opponent.
    They must have thought the lad was a decent opponent. Haye's talking now about wanting to fight Joshua and that would be a huge fight.

Quote Originally Posted by thorpey69 View Post
    A bum off the street would've thrown more punches than his opponent,pathetic show.
    To be fair, in two minutes he didn't get the chance to throw many. He looked early doors like he was looking to start the fight slowly to size Haye up but never got the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by StuS View Post
    He could but that is why this guy was picked...

I'm glad I didn't pay money to see that.

Bring on Joshua and let's see?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Didn't know he was fighting. Reading this thread I assume it was pretty one sided?

Have no time for Haye since the broken toe bitch fit he threw after getting tonked.

Just seen the highlights now. All 2 minutes of them. That de Mori must have thrown about 5 punches in total. He'd only lost once in 33 fights before last night - makes you wonder what the quality of these 33 opponents were like!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukal View Post
    Just seen the highlights now. All 2 minutes of them. That de Mori must have thrown about 5 punches in total. He'd only lost once in 33 fights before last night - makes you wonder what the quality of these 33 opponents were like!
    It does and it makes you realise the gulf that these top fighters have between them and the rest. That kid had a very decent record but had never experienced power like that. You could see after 20 seconds that his nose was gone and he was thinking, shit, I didn't realise he'd be that hard.

Haye would beat Fury easily and as for Joshua, who knows as he's not really been tested yet.

Master
    Just found the video and watched it - I am no boxing expert whatsoever, but that looked like a complete mis-match?

I thought Haye had properly retired - genuine question - was this just some sort of fun fight for him, or is this a proper come back?

Anyway, Haye just looked to have a different sort of class about him there.

Yeah bring on Joshua but let Haye knock the shit out of that pikey Fury first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcb2007 View Post
    ......let Haye knock the shit out of that pikey Fury first.
    Now that I would pay to see. There's no way Fury could handle the speed, power and ability of Haye.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Now that I would pay to see. There's no way Fury could handle the speed, power and ability of Haye.
    Watching Haye last night wasn’t a fair representation of how he could perform against Fury, as the opponent was poor and exaggerated Hayes talent and speed. What the short fight did highlight was his poor accuracy landed shots.

Fury would wipe the floor with him, whether he is popular or not, he is leagues above the current David Haye.

Still, great to see him pick up a win.

Master
    Entertaining build up and a piss easy fight (all few seconds of it) but I get the feeling this was just a gimme to get Haye on TV and issue his challenge to Fury.

He did state that Fury had announced he'd rather relinquish the belts than fight him, then insinuated that Fury was just scared of the power of his "Haye-maker". Not a bad go at psychology but even Fury won't fall for that.

If he never gets that fight it'll be a shame, but his own fault, it's been planned twice...

Glad I caught this one but I knew immediately when DAVE got the exclusive TV rights that it was going to be a comedy show rather than a legendary fight.

Fury would flatten him like roughly laid tarmac.

Craftsman
    I was happy to see some boxing on terrestrial TV, I do enjoy watching it but as I'm far too tight to pay for Sky, I basically don't watch any (though C5 have have had a few DeGale fights on). The other guy had a decent record but I suspect it was from fighting lower down people; I was pretty disappointed that the fight was so short.

I think the fight was put on with with Haye's Hayemaker promotions so I'm hoping that Haye will put his next fight on Dave too and more boxing on TV can only be a good thing.

That fight was scarcely worth the effort of my finding it on YouTube, let alone settling down to watch it live. As for *going* to it....how was the undercard?