closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Under Armour Training shoes

Master

Under Armour Training shoes

Chaps

Just wondering if any of you guys own a pair of these shoes. If so how do they measure up against say Nike for example....

Are they narrow, wide, size up or down etc etc...

Cheers for your help

Jon

Master
    I have a pair which I use for the gym/circuit training etc.

They are really neutral in size/Fit

Similar to Nike as opposed to Addidas which are narrow and I have to go a half size up.

I got a pair from their outlet store really cheap. Would definitely buy again

Bought a pair of Addidas boost at the same time which are fantastic for running in.

Craftsman
    Key question is, what are you hoping to do with them?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wharry View Post
    Key question is, what are you hoping to do with them?
    Wear them for 2 years then sell them on SC?

That's the done thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post

Correct, claiming they've only been worn once of course despite deep wear creases to the leather and lumps out of the toes.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post

Bravo!

Comfiest training shoes I've ever owned are the Speedform Apollo's. I wear a size smaller than my Nike tennis ones, but I generally wear 2 pairs of socks with my tennis ones.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I took a look at some of these in a massive and largely empty Intersport (used to be JJB?) shop just yesterday.

To be blunt, they looked like unbelievably cheap nastiness which had been made to a budget. And they were "1/3 off to only £60".

I accept my days of thinking £30 for a pair of daps as "a bit toppy" have gone, but my goodness, you didn't seem to get anything for your buck.

I would expect them to be briefly comfy, they looked thickly padded, but I would not expect the material to last (I suspect it wouldn't take long for the padding to be crushed and not to reform- there was nothing suggesting they had any tech to them at all).

I am a cynic without doubt, but this look like nothing other than a branding exercise.

Master
    If you go to the USA you'll see every redneck clad in Under Armour gear. They have outlet shops all over the place; it's incredibly cheap and not particularly good quality either.

Craftsman
    Cold gear from Under-Armour is superb for running in the winter. I can run down to 4°C with just my long sleeve. Anything colder and I put a jumper on top.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DS3R View Post

I accept my days of thinking £30 for a pair of daps as "a bit toppy" have gone, but my goodness, you didn't seem to get anything for your buck.
    Maybe, maybe not?
    http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/h...5LwaAkOk8P8HAQ

Sorry I can't comment on the under armour shoes, although the styling is erm different.

Quote Originally Posted by paulpsz008 View Post
    Maybe, maybe not?
    http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/h...5LwaAkOk8P8HAQ

Sorry I can't comment on the under armour shoes, although the styling is erm different.
    My sister in law just bought some Silver Shadow IIs, hopefully she paid that little for them... She loves them, decent quality, great price - can't really go wrong for the non-professional jogger.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rsykes2000 View Post
    My sister in law just bought some Silver Shadow IIs, hopefully she paid that little for them... She loves them, decent quality, great price - can't really go wrong for the non-professional jogger.
    There's a reason they are/were standard issue for MOD.
    Great value for money & solid proven design, for those who don't need/care about the bells & whistles.

For reference I tend to do normal runs in the Silver shadows, but do have a pair of Adidas boost for when I care about my time.

Quote Originally Posted by paulpsz008 View Post
    There's a reason they are/were standard issue for MOD.
    Great value for money & solid proven design, for those who don't need/care about the bells & whistles.

For reference I tend to do normal runs in the Silver shadows, but do have a pair of Adidas boost for when I'm going down the pub
    Sorry it was just irresistible

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Sorry it was just irresistible
    Pretty much true. ;-)

I picked up a pair of UA Speedform Apollo from TK Maxx for £40 - I've not worn them running yet but they felt good when I've worn them around the house.

I'll stick with my New Balance until the 1/2 marathon is out the way, then try them in the summer.

I favour an Adidas Stan Smith - the classic British pub shoe. Apparently you can run in them too?