closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Baron Von Grumble

Master

Baron Von Grumble

This youtube channel is very funny. He is a 'moto-vlogger' and say's what we're all thinking.

He is pretty amusing at times

This video helped me to decide to buy my current bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee0DuTz-q3o

In fact he is riding the very same bike that I test rode about a week later.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Funny? - debatable...........absolutely idiotic bike rider? - beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Funny? - debatable...........absolutely idiotic bike rider? - beyond any shadow of a doubt.
    Why do you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Given his filtering bravado, I expect some future broadcast will be coming from the corridor of some A&E department.

He's great, there's also Royal Jordanian who I quite like.

https://www.youtube.com/user/royaljo...&persist_app=1

Probably why he started riding bikes - his wife couldn't put up with his constant drivel in the car (that plus trying to be too JC like). Nice bike though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Given his filtering bravado, I expect some future broadcast will be coming from the corridor of some A&E department.
    His filtering looks OK to me
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I kept thinking any minute someone would pull out on him, it's a obviously a journey he does daily, my arse would have been tweaking with all those cages around me, especially in the wet, no way I could keep up a running commentary for 10 mins in those condition.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Me too - bang on and no danger at all. Some comments by people who've never ridden (properly) I guess...........

Blog Entries
    I tried to watch this. But I gave up. Apart from some fair comments about roadworks ahead (same situation here in Holland - and certainly on German Autobahns...), he's very happy with himself. Propelling himself far above everybody else. Certain rules don't apply to him. I can not understand what he's trying to tell us. Watch him during his test of the white Ducati: there's 'SLOW' on the tarmac. But no, he finds room to open the throttle even further!

One of his next videos will end with a close up of a tree, I fear. I won't be watching that video. I've stopped now.

Menno

Master

Surely I'd fail my test (and at some point get sideswiped) if I rode like this???

Anyone who doesn't like BVG should watch this and they might change their minds..

Craftsman
    I quite like BVG, I think he does come across as a bit of a d1ck sometimes but the videos are easy to watch. I think that anyone who commute regularly into London can identify with his journey into town too. He also does a channel called 44teeth with Al Fagan which is more factual and also good.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Nowt wrong with his filtering, it's progressive riding.

mike

I made the mistake of wasting 45 seconds of my life watching the start. I watched with the sound off, the guy's riding is crazy and not in a good way.

I don't see what the problem with his riding is, honestly. Its certainly assertive and I would never recommend it to someone who wasn't comfortable doing so but if you are - which he clearly is - whats the problem?

The Baron is very amusing and certainly nothing wrong with his riding, if this shocks you, you really shouldn't be on a bike and have no clue how to ride.

Master
    I am not a biker but I like his ramblings and rants. Baron Von Nightmare is one of my favourite videos

Quote Originally Posted by teknicolourfox View Post

Surely I'd fail my test (and at some point get sideswiped) if I rode like this???
    You might fail the test, but ones riding and driving hopefully soon progress beyond what we learn to pass the test.

As for getting side swiped, it is of course a risk, but one that is mitigated by passing when the 2 cars are more or less side by side and therefore less likely to chop lanes.
    Last edited by andy tims; 25th January 2016 at 17:28.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    I think that when filtering you get a feel for how a car is behaving before you filter past it and therefore the likelihood of you getting taken out. There will always be some level of risk involved but I think it can be mitigated against quite considerably. There's certainly nothing wrong with BVG's filtering.

Journeyman

Enjoy BVG's Youtube pieces. His 'POLITE' hi-vis rant is brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    I think that when filtering you get a feel for how a car is behaving before you filter past it and therefore the likelihood of you getting taken out. There will always be some level of risk involved but I think it can be mitigated against quite considerably. There's certainly nothing wrong with BVG's filtering.
    Spot on comment regarding filtering as you learn the body language of cars and generally know when they are aware of your presence. You also have to be assertive on a bike otherwise you'll come a cropper! As for BVG, love his vids and comments.

I like BvG and his filtering is fine, an occasional rule bending but nothing outrageous, RJ is more of a rule bender. Case history suggests that the plod are quite happy to nick people for that kind of motorway lane splitting shenanigans though.

Nowt wrong with this riding from that video that I can see. Making good progress, his head movements indicate good awareness to the surrounding traffic and his throttle control suggests good forward observations.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    Case history suggests that the plod are quite happy to nick people for that kind of motorway lane splitting shenanigans though.
    i have had plod on the M25 move over in the lane to let me filter past on numerous occasions.

mike

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    I like BvG and his filtering is fine, an occasional rule bending but nothing outrageous, RJ is more of a rule bender. Case history suggests that the plod are quite happy to nick people for that kind of motorway lane splitting shenanigans though.
    I've no doubt they've done it, but IME most traffic police will take a view on how the rider is filtering, i.e. is there any recklessness, lack of care, aggressiveness being used. For me, the ability to filter, overtake, use bus lanes, etc, are an important part of biking and why I'll leave the car at home whenever possible if commuting.

For those who don't ride, you'd be surprised how much quicker you can get from A to B on busy roads. In cities, I reckon it reduces the time by half or more.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    I managed 58 seconds before switching off. Riding one handed through the middle of traffic? It may be legal for bikes to under/over take without bothering to indicate but I don't think it's a good idea.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    For those who don't ride, you'd be surprised how much quicker you can get from A to B on busy roads. In cities, I reckon it reduces the time by half or more. R
    I commute 35 miles into London everyday and the bike is quite a bit quicker than public transport too door to door (I live walkable distance from the trains station). It's a great way to commute but, as shown here, has a bad image of being dangerous when in reality it's only as dangerous as you make it.