closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Your experience with Maratac Zulu's?

Your experience with Maratac Zulu's?

I got a bunch of Maratac Zulu straps a little while ago and have been surprised at the apparent variable quality amongst them. One or two are nicely soft and flexible, particularly the black ones, but most of the others seem to be a different material or weave and are incredibly stiff and scratchy, similar to some of the cheaper Nato's I've had sent as freeebies in the past.
    Has anyone else had similar findings with these straps? If so, do they soften with washing?

Dunno, I've got a couple of desert tan ones, both one and two-piece, and they're quite nice. A good weave, soft and comfy. The black and green ones I've come across aren't as nice to be honest.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Craftsman
    That's the problem with Chinese manufacture, terrible quality control !

..but seriously Geoff, though relatively a new convert to Zulus, I have a dozen or so, various colors/widths and they're all identical in quality.
    The obvious question is whether yours were procured from the same source?
    I noticed that all my "genuine" Maratac Zulus had a tiny white tag on the buckle, did yours?
    I believe all of mine were from County Comm
    I've seen zillions (literally!) seemingly identical looking Zulus scattered about the .net. I doubt they're all made by the same factory.
    ...could be wrong, see my first comment.

J.

I'd buy the name brand ones for sure, for that quality. Washing them will soften them.. I have also taken fine grit sandpaper to get the sharp edges off the areas where they are 'welded' or stitched - that helps. Soak and dry several times and you'll see the difference.

All came in one order from Broadarrow.net and all had the Maratac paper tag on the buckle.
    Some are bad enough that they will now only ever get used for storing watches that live in one of the "collection" boxes and never gets worn.

Very strange.

My search for a reliable source for my "perfect" webbing strap continues :roll:

Thicker than Eddies Nato but thinner than the Rhino, good range of colours (must include at least ACU Grey, Olive Drab, Sand and Black), durable enough to not start fraying almost immediately and neither too long or too short.

I'm getting quite a collection of rejects :evil:

Craftsman
    Geoff, why don't you give Bob(?) a call? or shoot him an email?

Though I haven't done business with him (yet!), every forum post I've read always mentions the quality and good service he gives.
    A good vendor always wants to hear of problems with merchandise.
    It would seem suicide to ship/sell less than grade A1 product and Maratac certainly should meet that criteria.
    Be sure and post back, I'm intrigued by this.

J.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E
    I've got a couple of desert tan ones, both one and two-piece, and they're quite nice. A good weave, soft and comfy.
    Same here.

The Rhinos both one and two pieces - which I prefer - don't fit my Sinn 856S, simply too beefy, and so I don't have much of a choice in the beefy category bút Maratacs.

Cheers

Henrik

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD
    All came in one order from Broadarrow.net and all had the Maratac paper tag on the buckle.
    Some are bad enough that they will now only ever get used for storing watches that live in one of the "collection" boxes and never gets worn.

Very strange.

My search for a reliable source for my "perfect" webbing strap continues :roll:

Thicker than Eddies Nato but thinner than the Rhino, good range of colours (must include at least ACU Grey, Olive Drab, Sand and Black), durable enough to not start fraying almost immediately and neither too long or too short.

I'm getting quite a collection of rejects :evil:
    I agree 100% Geoff.

Struggled for ages to find decent ones as you spec.

Found some in Germany - but they only do black and olive.

I quite like the ones Squinky does - but he does not do 2mm stitched - it's so frustrating that you cannot find one supplier who does the lot.. :cry:
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........