closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Eberhard

Craftsman

Eberhard

I recently saw an Eberhard Contograf in a local watch shop window.I loved the look of it , tried it on and it felt and looked great .I looked up the brand and it has a interesting history .What is peoples opinion on them? does anybody have one ?.They seem fairly expensive but hopefully a decent discount would be available

I LOVE eberhard - they make some fabulous watches - I have a chronograph from 1989 and it's a beautiful piece

Master
    I don't know if they're independently run but I know every time I see one, I love the look of them. Their chronos have a truly classic style and there's something about the logo that looks so right and in-keeping with the style of their watches.

Here's a terrible photo of mine

I like them too. Here's my Nuvolari. The bracelet on it is one of the best I've ever seen. A real masterpiece.

Grand Master
    Always liked the 4 dial chronos
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I had one of these until quite recently and it was a lovely thing but, in the end, I didn't get on with its' size. As a brand they don't have much exposure in this country and most people haven't heard of them.

Craftsman
    Great pictures keep them coming

Having a bit of a thing for hand-winders, I've always fancied a classic Traversotolo, but not the 8 day model.

The new chronos look huge in the window, which (to me at least) relates to even bigger when worn.

A couple of years back, I tried on a Scafodat on the bracelet in Porter's in the Argyle Arcade & was offered 20% off the £2.5/£2.7k price before I'd tried the watch on.

Seem to be more popular in Italy & Spain & there's plenty on Chrono24 at more reasonable dosh.
    ______

​Jim.

Blog Entries
    Probably one of the most underrated brands out there

As the previous poster mentioned they're very popular in Italy - but, what do they know about style!

I no longer own this

But, would consider another!

Apprentice
    If you check Eberhards inventions over the years I think it's weird why it's not more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by sinster View Post
    Ah I remember that one! Lovely watch
    imo one of the most underrated watches in the uk
    popular in Europe especially Italy I think
    nice

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Ah I remember that one! Lovely watch
    imo one of the most underrated watches in the uk
    popular in Europe especially Italy I think
    nice
    You should! I love it, it's definitely a keeper and I think it's my favourite watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I had one of these until quite recently and it was a lovely thing but, in the end, I didn't get on with its' size. As a brand they don't have much exposure in this country and most people haven't heard of them.

That is an incredible watch, it really suits the mesh also. Was it just too chunky?

First became aware of Eberhard at a Basel show a few years ago.

This is the only one I currently have, picked up off the Bay for not a great deal.

Malc

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm68 View Post
    First became aware of Eberhard at a Basel show a few years ago.

This is the only one I currently have, picked up off the Bay for not a great deal.

Malc
    I love that dial!

Eberhard were massive users of Lemania movements of all type, so I have been aware of them for a long time, but have never got around to owning one.
    Eberhard were almost unique in offering a watch powered by the Lemania quartz chrono 1/100th second movement, and they were definitely unique in offering two rare variations on the 5100 in their Diascope and Mareoscope lines, which give an independent second timezone and tide indicator respectively.
    I really do want to find a blue Cheftain Diascope at the right price. They look lovely.

The vintage Scafo divers of all types are interesting, and as mentioned above, the (old and new) Contograf chronos are very stylish. A sort of 2 sub-dial DeLuca kind of feel in terms of gentleman's bezelled chronos.

I really like the look and utility of the 8 jours - does anyone have experience of whether they really last a week between windings?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I really like the look and utility of the 8 jours - does anyone have experience of whether they really last a week between windings?
    Yes I'd do and yes it did... Slightly longer actually

Thanks. They seem very good value. Another one on the list then.

Just to add some much needed photos to this thread. All seller photos, and I have no connection with sellers.

This is gorgeous, and this one, near new, is £1800 - good value I think.

This is a lovely little thing (32mm across). And with a Lemania 1872 inside and for £700, it would be the perfect ladies chrono

This is the uber-rare Lemania quartz chrono, personally I hate the styling, but the technical expertise is good. For sale in the UK, apparently

And this is the diascope I missed last year, it went for about £500 in the end I think

Dave