closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5513 Back from repair and looking better than ever......

Am I understanding this, you bought this from Marc, tried and failed to sell it on SC, the bezel became loose, you returned it for refund from Marc, he fixed it and made a post about how he's enjoying it and it wasn't for sale but now you've bought it again ?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Am I understanding this, you bought this from Marc, tried and failed to sell it on SC, the bezel became loose, you returned it for refund from Marc, he fixed it and made a post about how he's enjoying it and it wasn't for sale but now you've bought it again ?
    Very strange post indeed.Patently obvious it's now mine again,what is the relevance of anything that went before it?.

Marc and I are totally aware of everything,and none of it was under hand by anyone's stretch of imagination.

Care to explain what your digging for,because believe me their ain't Now't to be found here!.

I wanted it back....simple,oh and very lucky Marc offered it back,but that's because Marc is a great chap to deal with 100%.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 23rd February 2016 at 17:26.

Master
    Is Marc complaining? Why would anyone else need to get involved?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    Is Marc complaining? Why would anyone else need to get involved?

Hi Mark how ya doin.

Trolls Mark,some like to read more into where their ain't Owt to be found!.Gets a tad tiresome tbh.

Master
    So

I'm happy.......... Paul Happy..........that's whats important right?

Marc

I was merely asking if I was understanding the situation, the part that wasn't easy to follow was taking ownership again after the OP stated it wasn't for sale. It's certainly much more generous than I would have been with you given the circumstances, Marc clearly is one of the good traders here,like you say. There was no digging on my part, nor am I suggesting anything underhand went on so please consider this the response to your PM also Paul.

Master
    And?

Grand Master
    I was merely asking if I was understanding the situation, the part that wasn't easy to follow was taking ownership again after the OP stated it wasn't for sale. It's certainly much more generous than I would have been with you given the circumstances, Marc clearly is one of the good traders here,like you say. There was no digging on my part, nor am I suggesting anything underhand went on so please consider this the response to your PM also Paul.
    "Circumstances" and they are what?,I'm sure I don't know what your implying?,please elaborate.....if you can?.

Ping........

Master
    Right, I've been tangentally involved with this one and here's the position as far as I know it, having spoken with both chaps :

Both behaved like gentlemen in the nicest spirit of the forum, so much so that I made a point of privately saying how impressed I was with the way they'd done business.

Both are quite happy with position they've ended up in.

The watch is a beauty.

I don't need to know any more than this

Haywood

Master
    Thank you Haywood

Hopefully this wont drag on.......

And Paul, when (if) you decide to sell it, you have my number :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Right, I've been tangentally involved with this one and here's the position as far as I know it, having spoken with both chaps :

Both behaved like gentlemen in the nicest spirit of the forum, so much so that I made a point of privately saying how impressed I was with the way they'd done business.

Both are quite happy with position they've ended up in.

The watch is a beauty.

I don't need to know any more than this

Haywood

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Very strange post indeed.Patently obvious it's now mine again,what is the relevance of anything that went before it?.
    The relevance of what went before would be important should the watch ever end up on SC again - prospective buyers may like to know it's history.

For example, we know this particular watch had a bezel issue, which has now been sorted.

That's the sort of information I would deem relevant if considering a purchase. It wouldn't put me off buying, but it's just good to know.

It may never end on SC again, but it's still useful info to know - even when considering a different 5513 (or other vintage watch)

I've said countless times on here, the more knowledge that's shared, the better for everyone. It is a discussion forum after all.

Every watch I buy on SC, I like to know as much about it as I can, it's always a good gauge of what to expect.

A 5513 bought from Chrono24 and offered for sale here by a relative newbie, is not the same (to me) as a watch bought from Haywood and being sold here by Snoodles (sorry for picking you out, Vince)

Master
    Totally agree with you. It's no secret. The bezel, some years ago, had been incorrectly fitted to the watch. Lazy watchmaker who didn't have the correct tool to refit bezel ring. Impossible to know this until, as happened to Paul, the bezel fell off

Repaired correctly and now back on Paul's wrist to enjoy

I thought it only fair to offer it back to him before selling, although would have been very happy to hang on to this one :-)

Master
    Great watch, great seller and two happy parties to the transaction so all good.

I do think the poster who queried the series of events had every right to ask given a) it's a public forum and b) both parties had publicly posted details.

Not taking sides, just saying. Great advert for Mark as a seller ;).

Apprentice
    Awesome!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Joca View Post
    Awesome!
    That's a first post to remember!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post

Care to explain what your digging for,because believe me their ain't Now't to be found here!.
    To be fair it is an odd thread.

OP posts a photo of a watch he has back because the buyer rejected it. This watch is not for sale.

Then it turns out it is for sale and the new owner is the person who previously rejected it.

A U turn by both the OP and the rejector/buyer.

But if all parties are happy no problem ... but not your average transaction.

An opportunity to re acquire I think. Been a few times I've decided to sell the watch only for the new owner to post pics on a thread and be told how fantastic it looks etc. Easy to reflect with regret when there are such glowing comments about a desirable piece.

Enjoy it Paul.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    An opportunity to re acquire I think. Been a few times I've decided to sell the watch only for the new owner to post pics on a thread and be told how fantastic it looks etc. Easy to reflect with regret when there are such glowing comments about a desirable piece.

Enjoy it Paul.

well said.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post

Enjoy it Paul.
    Cheers Rob and spot on.

Rgds

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by marksh View Post
    Don't sweat it , just take it in to Rolex St James explaining you were cleaning the bezel and I'm sure they will take it in the back and sort it with the minimum of fuss .

Usually FOC
    Thanks, I will def give that a try