closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More trouble at Topgear.....

Journeyman
    Chris Evans does seem to have many successes during his career, but it does seem lately that he is spreading himself very thin.

Production, Radio, more TV.

I would 'imagine' a programme like Top Gear needs full time commitment, not sure it will stand the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    The best Evans related news for me is that he won't be on Radio 2 this week.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Thanks for this I'll tune in now....I've been watching the classic car show recently, for me what Top Gear should have been like.
    I've no idea what Cox is saying most of the time but it's certainly an improvement over Evans talking over songs, interrupting everyone and feigning excitement about his latest discovery or newest best friend.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Goodwin isn't renowned for his driving,
    When part of a team with one or two good drivers, that is a plus imo. Most people on the road are average drivers per definition which is not very good. That makes a not all that good driver a valuable connection to the real world of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    When part of a team with one or two good drivers, that is a plus imo. Most people on the road are average drivers per definition which is not very good. That makes a not all that good driver a valuable connection to the real world of cars.
    In fairness, CG is probably a darn sight better than most. Reminded me of this old vid of Harris v Frankel v Goodwin v Sutcliffe. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwW9An1SKh0

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPh90yNX-mY

with thanks to Foxy.

There is also one of him being shown the way around in classic WRC cars by the masters. A jewel to watch and listen to
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXgWWNJVdYA

The guy KNOWS about cars, can drive and has way deep real word perspective with himself realistically in it.
    Look, I've watched most stuff that Chris Harris has done on his YouTube channel, and I enjoy it.

I was responding to the idea of building a whole show around him, I think it would become quite dull and predictable.

He can drive, he can present, but it's nothing that Tiff Needell, Vicky Butler Henderson and Jason Plato, amongst others, haven't done on fifth gear (or even old, old Top Gear after Clarkson's first departure). In fact, the camera work etc on his YouTube stuff reminds me very much of fifth gear.

Again, let me repeat, I like Harris, but you can have too much of the same thing and I just don't share the view of some other car enthusiasts who elevate his status to god like!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    I just don't share the view of some other car enthusiasts who elevate his status to god like!
    Well that is so reasonable it is obvious ;-)

Hence a balance with totally different drivers/characters makes for a better show. It is after all primairily that; a show for a broad public and not for gear heads.
    I vote for a busty blond that should not have received a drivers licence in the team. Like the one that parked the Ferrari into the camera van on Fifth Gear. Real world realism!!

That said the charming company reverse parked her Aygo in an alarmly fast, skilled way in a tricky space. To put my mind at rest she observed that she canīt read a map. Phew...

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I've been watching the classic car show recently, for me what Top Gear should have been like.
    Really?

The rest of us must have been watching a different 'Classic Car Show'.