closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hello Again, BRITS.

Journeyman

Hello Again, BRITS.

It's been a while since I posted, just started again last night, good to be back.

I know TZ has a diverse membership, and all very welcome, but by god have I missed the sense of humour of the Brits.

I've been in Australia and the USA and thought I'd have a look at some other watch related sites, normally USA based.

Don't get me wrong some great forums, but.

No one other forum seem to 'get' the Brit sense of humour, sarcasm, self depreciation, dry, tongue in cheek and above all, the ability to laugh at ONESELF.

I'm not criticising other watch forums, but it's just 'nice' to have this very British 'value' back.

Since posting last night I've had tears rolling down my cheeks at some of the comments.

Nice to be back folks.

Anyone who names himself after the A road that runs into Paignton must have a sense of humour
    Welcome home

Master
    Or after an Airbus!!

Welcome back
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Anyone who names himself after the A road that runs into Paignton must have a sense of humour
    Welcome home
    That's exactly what I mean Andrew.

To make things even worse the A380 bit is the model number of an aeroplane, oh the shame.

I have my binoculars, cagoule (yes they still exist and in vivid YELLOW) flask and plane spotting note book already for the summer months spent at Heathrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Or after an Airbus!!
    Spot on sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Welcome back
    Thank you Andy, nice to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by A380 View Post
    That's exactly what I mean Andrew.

To make things even worse the A380 bit is the model number of an aeroplane, oh the shame.

I have my binoculars, cagoule (yes they still exist and in vivid YELLOW) flask and plane spotting note book already for the summer months spent at Heathrow.

Glad you got the humour I worked for Airbus for 10 years, and have my anorak too

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Glad you got the humour I worked for Airbus for 10 years, and have my anorak too
    Ahh, another anorak lover, as I said, it's good to be back.

To go from your original premise I think us Brits really only feel completely at home on a Brit forum.

I post on many different fora, mainly US and British based but you know that comical allusions will be fully understood here whereas on other fora they may be met with either blankness or antagonism.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    To go from your original premise I think us Brits really only feel completely at home on a Brit forum.

I post on many different fora, mainly US and British based but you know that comical allusions will be fully understood here whereas on other fora they may be met with either blankness or antagonism.
    Very true Neil.

I learnt a lot about watches, and will continue to do so on other forums, but on here I can have a giggle at the same time as learning, all good fun.