closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: This man can drive!!!

This man can drive!!!

Craftsman
    Got bored. Yeah he can do donuts, but I was more interested in who was going to have to get the tyre marks off the block paving TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by spud767 View Post
    Got bored. Yeah he can do donuts, but I was more interested in who was going to have to get the tyre marks off the block paving TBH.
    Afraid I agree with this. It's great the first time, and maybe the second. But the videos are all the same. And he can't actually drive, hence his results (or lack of) at rallying.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rgee View Post
    I'm not saying I could do what he does, not at all. However pretty much every year at Goodwood FoS, he seems to bin his Fiesta at some point. Saying that though, I chatted to him for a short while once and he seemed like a really down to earth sort of guy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus fenix View Post
    And he can't actually drive, hence his results (or lack of) at rallying.
    "Its better to be a slow competitor than a fast spectator" says just about everyone who's went out and put their balls on the line. He may not have achieved the results many were expecting on the WRC stage but the guy has more driving talent than 99% of us can dream of.

Craftsman
    I've got to say, I find it all quite boring too after about a minute, though there is no doubting the guys car control. Maybe the kids love it. Oh and the car is super cool.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spud767 View Post
    Ah, so that's why he's called Ken Block...

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    "Its better to be a slow competitor than a fast spectator" says just about everyone who's went out and put their balls on the line. He may not have achieved the results many were expecting on the WRC stage but the guy has more driving talent than 99% of us can dream of.
    He's certainly got a lot of car control skills and does seem like a genuinely likeable bloke, but his performance in the WRC put his outright skills in perspective.

He's a good showman, if you like that sort of thing, but he's not got the skills to be a top class WRC driver.

To be honest, I don't see much in his videos that I don't see nearly every time I watch an action film. He's a good stunt driver, really.

And, no, I can't drive like that, but that's hardly the point is it? I can't carry out brain surgery, but I wouldn't want my GP to either!!!!

M.

Journeyman
    I just wish he had taught Mrs Block a few basic fundamentals.

He is a triumph of marketing, especially to the under 30s

he is a talented driver, but looking at all of the marks on the ground he must do about 20 takes to get each shot right rather than doing the course in 1 run which would be more impressive

If you've got a spare £250k, you could make your own Gymkhana vids:

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/c...esta-HFHV.html