TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deepsea - I finally get it.

Quote Originally Posted by CVByrne View Post
    Yes it's such an enigma I'd need Alan Touring to help me
    He get's around, that Alan Touring...

Smegwina, thanks for the explanation!

M

I finally got to try on the Deepsea Blue Cameron version today, I wasn't expecting much as I've heard many negative comments but I loved it, the dial is stunning, I'm going to have to get one of these now!

yes but not many around,my AD says 1 per month from rolex and has waiting list of about 10 people!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by craniotes View Post
    The DSSD isn't for everyone, nor should it be. For those who get it, they get it, capiche?

Congrats on your new wrist beast!

Regards,
    Adam
    My mate has not long got one of these. Pretty hefty watch but look great on a larger wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Waiting list? My AD has one in the window.
    Every AD has one in the window!

You know, I remember trying one of these on when they first came out - I was with a couple of mates on a possible watch buying trip to London. I was wearing a Panerai 111, both my mates were wearing SD's I think. Anyhow, they were £4250 back then (from memory, perhaps a few hundred here or there) - we all tried one on, somewhere in the arcade near David Duggan. Anyhow we all decided there and then it just wasn't very nice, even the dealer laughed and said 'nobody seems to either' and revealed a drawer full of them. IMHO too thick, skinny bracelet - nope. Funny thing is, if I switched my fan boy light back on I'm sure I could convince myself they're great, but that isn't going to happen! - I think its the proportions for me, at the time we all commented how the Luminor case 'works' in 44mm, the Sub 16610/old SD 'works' - but IMHO the DSSD just didn't work for me. Which is a shame as my 8 1/2 inch wrists like a fat watch! 😞

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I finally got to try on the Deepsea Blue Cameron version today, I wasn't expecting much as I've heard many negative comments but I loved it, the dial is stunning, I'm going to have to get one of these now!
    Let me know if you're thinking about moving on the old one! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I never did get a Cameron DSSD Blue Edition which is a pity as I could never quite afford one... but the more I think about it I'm actually more than happy with the regular DSSD.....

Blog Entries
    Nice one Steve funny bought James one and found it did not work for me so it went to another forum stalwart but I ended up with a Sub LV and a Yachtmaster for the price of the DSSD

Tried one on last year and loved it, but I'm sure it would look a bit daft on a 6.5" wrist.

Grand Master
    Serious piece of kit, can`t fault the design or the quality, but it isn`t for me with my small (6.75"( wrists. Frankly, I`d look like a kid wearing his dad's watch if I bought one. Can`t say it worries me, if I was going back down the Rolex diver route it would be another Sub.

Owners seem to love 'em!

Paul

Had mine since 2010,sold my nd sub when I saw it, this was just what i had wished for, a bigger sub. Its a chunk, but I love it.Other watches have come and gone (even my hulk ) but this remains

Craftsman
    Whilst doing a spot of shopping in York this weekend I popped into Frazer Hart on the off chance they had a white faced Daytona in stock. Naturally they didn't, but I did spot a Deepsea in the window so thought I'd try it on for the craic. I can honestly say I'm in love and it's all I've thought about since Saturday!!

Apprentice
    Looks stunning, great watch. Looks like it was well worth the 'spirited' drive to secure it!

Will get my hands on one of these one day!

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Nice one Steve funny bought James one and found it did not work for me so it went to another forum stalwart but I ended up with a Sub LV and a Yachtmaster for the price of the DSSD
    Well done Martin, a Sub LV and a Yachtmaster for the price of a DSSD is very good going, as much as I like my DSSD I would happily take a Sub LV and YM in a direct swap!

Journeyman
    Beautiful watch James, congratulations.

If I had to choose from the Rolex line it would be this one or BLNR.

I keep trying to convince myself that the DSSD won't look silly on my 7' wrist.