closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: stocks and shares isa

stocks and shares isa

thinking of opening a stocks and shares isa , maybe 7k to 10k want to leave it in for a few year's see how it does , been looking at the Hargreaves landsdown ready made isa , seems just as good as others out there , anyone have one or think its a good or bad idea , I haven't used my allowance this year, and standard isas seem very poor
    thanks Rob

stocks and shares isa

Not a lot wrong with the HL ISA. Not the cheapest out there but not bad and their excellent app, reasonable charges they negotiate on popular funds plus lots of helpful info on tap mean you do get a decent offering for your money. Bear in mind investment horizon for a stocks and shares ISA should be ideally 10 years, not a few years.

Master
    Just as important as charges -risk. Make sure it's in funds that you know the downside as much as the upside.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PipPip View Post
    Not a lot wrong with the HL ISA. Not the cheapest out there but not bad and their excellent app, reasonable charges they negotiate on popular funds plus lots of helpful info on tap mean you do get a decent offering for your money. Bear in mind investment horizon for a stocks and shares ISA should be ideally 10 years, not a few years.
    +1 for HL ISA.

Journeyman

Isa

No I know nowt when it comes to investing, but with a referendum on the horizon and the likely market turmoil that could accompany a brexit, would now be a good time to keep the money in the bank?

thanks for the input think I will go with hl