closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Speedmaster Co-axial Moonphase

Stunning watch, yes they are big but I love the blue finish and the fact it's steel. Usually blue and omega of recent times means titanium. So pleased to see this in steel.

The only thing not to like is the price. Apart from that it's a big from me.

Yeah I really like this one but sadly too large for me also.

Will be one I'd have to see in the metal but in terms of newer Speedmaster, including all the LEs, the moonphase is a nice complication.

If I were looking for one I have to say that I prefer this (though I'm not sure I'd buy either):

Serious question for those who monitor such things. If Omega unveil this watch in Baselworld in March - how long will it be before it starts to appear in the UK ADs and will the greys who discount like Iconic get them at the same time or much later. Basically, if I wanted one should I go and put a deposit down at an AD like people did with the Snoopy or should I wait until the greys get them and offer 10% to 20% discounts etc. Any advice from people who have been in a similar situation would be much appreciated. UK price is expected to be around the £6.5k mark.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Small movement syndrome!
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    As this is a standard production, you'd only be best paying full retail if you're desperate for one imo. If you wait a little longer, usually a month or so after release, they'll appear cheaper elsewhere. Once released you could just call Iconic etc and pre order one most likely, and save 20% or so in the process. That's a lot of money!

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    As this is a standard production, you'd only be best paying full retail if you're desperate for one imo. If you wait a little longer, usually a month or so after release, they'll appear cheaper elsewhere. Once released you could just call Iconic etc and pre order one most likely, and save 20% or so in the process. That's a lot of money!
    Many thanks for that. Like you, I am in the North West so a trip to Iconic is not a huge problem. If the big release is at Baselworld in March roughly when do we expect to see them appear in the UK. To date all the articles that I have read seem to have the same stock professional promo images and detail - no one appears to have seen one in the flesh so to speak.

20% off would bring the price down to £5.2k - so well worth the wait. I was tossing a coin in my head between this and the Snoopy, but the inflated prices - even on here are not attractive and I have always liked blue watches for some reason.

Next time man walks on the moon, he'll know what time it's going to get dark.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Small movement syndrome!
    Without a doubt, but doens't look so bad in the metal! The stardust dial is rather nice, if perhaps a bit gimmicky...

Master
    I still love theblue one, but that black one is (to my eye) terrible.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Without a doubt, but doens't look so bad in the metal! The stardust dial is rather nice, if perhaps a bit gimmicky...
    In your opinion of course

I have had an exchange of e-mails with Omega's National Sales Manager this morning and he thinks the new blue Speedmaster Co-axial moon phase will start to arrive in the UK from October this year and the price could be as high as £8k.

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    In your opinion of course
    Naturally.

I'm not the kind of person who believes everything I post is FACT.

Master
    £8k.....they'll be flying off the shelves at that price point.........NOT.

Found this link, the first photos from someone who actually got their hands on one rather than the usual professional promo shots that Omega issued.

http://www.watch-insider.com/feature...hase-44-25-mm/

Absolutely stunning - want one !!

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    I'd rather have a more manageable Zenith 410 at 42mm
    My sentiments exactly although I prefer this version with the silver White dial, probably a lot cheaper to buy than the Omega and without any reduction in quality. I do really like the way they have done the moon phase complication on the Omega though....

Master
    I am not so fond of the blue dail and 44mm. I like the old Speedmaster moonphase.

Up until 3 months ago I owned a Speedmaster Pro Gemini 4 limited edition - which had a blue dial and matching blue bezel.

Here it is...

I was very fond of the watch and particularly loved the colour combination - Speedie Pro's in blue are pretty unusual and I had many positive comments on it (including from the guys in the Brent Cross Omega Boutique who helped me source new papers for it from Bienne).

Eventually I realised that I found it too small - so I sold it and bought a Breitling Navitimer World to replace it.

My point is that the blue Co-axial Speedmaster fixes the one problem I had with my Gemini 4 - the size - and as far as I can tell keeps the same colour of blue for the dial and bezel. It's fabulous. Unfortunately... I don't like moonphases!

So close...

Simon

Omega 304.33.44.52.03.001...according to their Technical data the case is black ceramic. I suspect Omega may have made a cut and paste error.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Omega 304.33.44.52.03.001...according to their Technical data the case is black ceramic. I suspect Omega may have made a cut and paste error.
    I saw that, pictures of a SS case and the detail states black ceramic. Have Omega shot themselves in the foot by releasing two blue Speedmasters at the same time. Alright the cheaper one is a limited edition (if that influences anyone) and the moon phase claims to be using the absolute latest specs, but could be twice the price of the other one.

Simon has put the cat amongst the pigeons with that photo of the Gemini IV - one of those second hand would be an aweful lot cheaper that either of the new boys.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    I was very fond of the watch and particularly loved the colour combination - Speedie Pro's in blue are pretty unusual and I had many positive comments on it (including from the guys in the Brent Cross Omega Boutique who helped me source new papers for it from Bienne).

Eventually I realised that I found it too small - so I sold it and bought a Breitling Navitimer World to replace it.

My point is that the blue Co-axial Speedmaster fixes the one problem I had with my Gemini 4 - the size - and as far as I can tell keeps the same colour of blue for the dial and bezel. It's fabulous. Unfortunately... I don't like moonphases!

So close...

Simon
    Love that watch ... but hard to find ... and expensive when I do see them rarely.

I was told today, U.K. RRP £7,140.00.

This is turning into a late 70's album release, six different coloured vinyls and and a picture disc...

I thought this was a specific blue dial edition, but in the last few days I have seen pictures of a black dial and black bezel and platinum dial and red bezel (in Jocke's Baselworld report) and elsewhere another light dial and racing green with gold infill on the bezel.

If this is going to be the sweet shop edition in all colours of the rainbow I think I will pass.

Does anyone know what the hell Omega are playing at. I was seriously interested, but this is turning into a joke.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 23rd March 2016 at 23:45.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Does anyone know what the hell Omega are playing at. I was seriously interested, but this is turning into a joke.
    You've got it all wrong. When One Particular Manufacturer does multiple colours of the same watch, they get bagged on by people at Baselworld and beyond. When Omega does it, fantastic, amazing, iconic.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

I actually think the designs and colour combos look really nice but why make them 44.25mm by 17mm in thickness? A far too big watch to match the far too large price tag imho.

Master
    Some pics from my forthcoming Basel report. I wasn't that impressed if I'm honest, as they looked chunky, but I'll reserve judgement until they appear in the shops. In fact, for me, the only watch from Omega of any serious interest is the CK2998.

Better for potential buyers if they release all the colour combos from the off...releasing all these over the course of four years would be rather tedious

Master
    That red one is gorgeous, but PLATINUM! OMG How much??

Master
    I love it. I typically prefer plainer dials, but also have a big thing for the speedy daydate. Alas 44mm is just beyond what I acn wear. The 42mm moon watch is pushing it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    This is turning into a late 70's album release, six different coloured vinyls and and a picture disc...

I thought this was a specific blue dial edition, but in the last few days I have seen pictures of a black dial and black bezel and platinum dial and red bezel (in Jocke's Baselworld report) and elsewhere another light dial and racing green with gold infill on the bezel.

If this is going to be the sweet shop edition in all colours of the rainbow I think I will pass.

Am not sure why that would be an issue.
    If you like the blue one and you want to, buy it.
    Why should the fact that it comes in six colors affect your decisions?
    I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Am not sure why that would be an issue.
    If you like the blue one and you want to, buy it.
    Why should the fact that it comes in six colors affect your decisions?
    I don't get it.
    I think it was because all the pre-hype was about about the blue version, not a word or an image on the others and now it seems you can have any colour you want. As soon as I saw the others, I felt my enthusiasum draining through my boots. I will probably wait until they are in the shops and see if that changes my opinion any.

Crazy I know, but it is the little details that either capture our imagination or completely turn us off to a watch. I still have an outside chance of a Snoopy, long shot I know, but not making any decisions until I know the outcome of that.