closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Travelling to Seattle

Master

Travelling to Seattle

Morning

I'm on a business trip next week in Seattle, couple of days of conference but looking to pad week out with some interesting stuff to do.

Anyone been (or local) with any recommendations to share?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Master
    It has been a couple of years since Mrs Bond and I were there, but here are the highlights we enjoyed -

Pike Place Market - including having a coffee in the very first Starbucks - if you have time, book a foodie tour of the market.

Take a walk around here - http://www.chihulygardenandglass.com/

Then head over to the Space Needle which is a stones throw away from Chihuly Garden

I'm sure there will be more suggestions, but hope this gets you started
    Last edited by CmdrBond; 17th March 2016 at 10:02.

If you have a few days hire a car, get on the ferry over to the Olympic Peninsula drive towards Port Angeles and Forks, the beaches over that way on the West Coast are stunning, first and third beach especially. Also drive up to Hurricane Ridge which is at a huge elevation and you are looking out above the clouds over the Olympic Mountains. Take a warm coat its cold up there !

Master
    Blog Entries
    Never been but for food, I always look to the Man Vs Food website for guidance.

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/m...e-travel-guide

Possibly why I'm fat though.

If aircraft interest you, visit Boeing and do a factory tour.
    Always used Seattle as an excuse to drive up to Vancouver

Went last year.

All of the above, plus a few more:

We stayed out in Queen Anne, using AirBnB. A nice neighbourhood. Three good restaurants: Canlis, How to cook a wolf, and Mescalaria Oxaca. HTCaW is run by Ethan Stowell, and he has loads of good places all over Seattle.

Boeing is one way out of town, and the Museum of Flight is the other way (from memory), down next to Boeing Field.Public transport to the latter is easy. I didn't do the Boeing facility tour.

Whale watching / a trip up to the San Juan Islands, is great (if weather good). But you may be there too early.

Aquarium isn't bad. Decent octopus exhibit, but not much else. And the food in / around Pike's Market is generally good.

There's some very good vars: Canon, Bathtub Gin & Co spring immediately to mind.

If you're only there for a few days the 8 hours jet lag will fook you up. Just plan on getting through the week.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    If aircraft interest you, visit Boeing and do a factory tour.
    Always used Seattle as an excuse to drive up to Vancouver
    I'll second that on both counts.

I live in Seattle, it's a great city. Some good ideas so far - Pike is worth seeing, the city is quite compact. If you like cars then the trip to the car museum is worth while down in Tacoma. Whale watching isn't really in full swing yet, but can be done if you head a little further out. The underground tour is meant to be good, but I haven't been there yet. I work centrally, so if you fancy a beer drop me a line. It's a pretty friendly city so plenty of places to eat and drink. Where are you staying??
    Ash

Craftsman
    Space Needle is fantastic. When we went we bought a ticket that would allow us two trips up, the view is different at night when the city it lit up so it was well worth it.

Also, it may sound cheesy but one of the 'Duck' amphibious bus tours is a great way to see the city without much effort, you get to go on the water as well as the streets and it's fully commentated.

The Experience Music Project is phenomenal if you have any interest in Music.

Pike Place is a must see, for the fish market and the original Starbucks store.

We didn't do the 'undergrond tour' but by all accounts is a good one.